New Pennsylvania Super Shows! - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #91
Goombas Reptiles
[quote=

First to Goombas-I dont know what show you were at, but the show was far from dead, especially at the time you said you were there. That was the peak time for buyers present at over 1,000 thru the door at that time.
[/QUOTE]

Why is my eyesight being called into question here? I went to the show in Reading Pa. When I got there, at noon, I got front row parking, and there was absolutely nobody in line waiting to buy tickets. The only people in the lobby were the few guys who were checking hand stamps. When I walked in to the show area, there might have been tops 50 people walking around.

What time was I SUPPOSED to be there so I can see all these thousands of people busting the doors down? I'll make sure to be there for next time.

Mikeyt you have some commment for everything I write. Scroll up to my earlier threads. I said at the beginning that it would take time for this show to pick up. I never said it was doomed or not worth it. I fully support it. IN FACT I still went even after my brother called me and told me it was dead AND my friend from the area called me and told me it was dead. So either someone is blind, or just trying to creat hype about how "packed" this show was.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:15 PM   #92
TheVipersHouse
LMAO now this is funny , your buddies had to have been blind , because the show was not condensed and squashed into a building like Hamburg , it wouldnt have the same packed looked . the show was definitely handling a ton of people if last head count is correct at it being 1500 people thru the door thats definitely NOT A DEAD show .
the only time the show started to slow down was when i was heading out at 3:30 .
up until then i seen people all around at tables , talking to vendors, etc etc ...

tha show was far from DEAD . and the reason you didnt see anyone in line was because of the fact the new venue THERE WONT BE LINES , unlike Hamburg .
maybe your friends interpitation of dead was because there was so much room to move around and being so spread out to them it LOOKED dead ..

Old 01-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #93
DJR73
Thank You Tony S. from Philly for finally speaking the truth! 1500 people, not what I heard. Thank You to all the honest people of the world that are not afraid to speak what they see.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:24 PM   #94
dragonlvr64
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVipersHouse View Post
LMAO now this is funny , your buddies had to have been blind , because the show was not condensed and squashed into a building like Hamburg , it wouldnt have the same packed looked . the show was definitely handling a ton of people if last head count is correct at it being 1500 people thru the door thats definitely NOT A DEAD show .
the only time the show started to slow down was when i was heading out at 3:30 .
up until then i seen people all around at tables , talking to vendors, etc etc ...

tha show was far from DEAD . and the reason you didnt see anyone in line was because of the fact the new venue THERE WONT BE LINES , unlike Hamburg .
maybe your friends interpitation of dead was because there was so much room to move around and being so spread out to them it LOOKED dead ..
You are right, no lines, people able to be inside while waiting for the start of the day were able to be in out of the weather, it was great! There were a lot of people around the first portion of the day. People everywhere in the morning. I think a lot of people came early just like they normally do to get the best animals. The end of the day tapered off and I think some people did not realize the show was to go beyond 4pm so that made it slow down a bit early.

With that much space, it would not look busy like at other locations where it is housed in a smaller location. BUT, it was busy and it will only get busier. I agree that a lot of buyers at this show, most people I saw had items in their hands that they had purchased and the vendors I heard from said they had a good sale day.

People could sit and eat lunch and not be surrounded by animals, plus the food I heard from many people was just great!
People who could not attend or vend this past Saturday, have to make it out to the next one! It is worth it.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:29 PM   #95
dragonlvr64
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR73 View Post
Thank You Tony S. from Philly for finally speaking the truth! 1500 people, not what I heard. Thank You to all the honest people of the world that are not afraid to speak what they see.
Denise, my post was not in regards to yours. I was posting about the same time. I don't know what the true numbers were. At one point I heard 1000, later in the day it was 1200 and at the end, 1500 was tossed out, but I truly don't know the amount of people.
It was a good turnout for a new location though.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:42 PM   #96
Goombas Reptiles
Quote:

You are welcome. I dont know who these people are who are trying to make this into a shoving match. Whats the big deal? If there were 1500 people in and out of there from open til close, its highly possible. HOWEVER when I arrived at noon, it was dead. Period, plain and simple. I'm not an idiot. I know how to count. I also know that it would look like there were fewer people because the place is larger. I also know that half of that floor space was empty. In fact, while I was there, there were more people behind the tables selling than there were in front. I would love to post the discussions that were had last night between myself and others who attended the show. We were all in agreement.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:04 PM   #97
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
And as for Stephanie, who would not know me if she fell over me, obviously does not know me. And I must say, I am far from a feared person, that people can not talk to. So back your words up, if you want to talk this trash tell me who is saying it. If you will not, then you are all blah blah blah, just wanting to start issues. And I am far above that, to waste any more of my time on you. Remember what your mother might have told you, IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, THEN STHU!
Denise, you already know who knows what. Why don't you ask Todd who he spoke with yesterday? I will not disclose names because it is up to those individuals to step up. It is not my place.

Start issues? I want to see an end to these issues. This behind the scenes childish BS is an embarrassment to the industry. It's pathetic and people really need to grow up. You promoters should be supporting each other, not bickering. Unite for the industry.

Let's also stop bickering about numbers. What matters is the show went well for visitors and vendors alike.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:55 PM   #98
elkmillbillyreptiles
Come on people. Why do some of you have to bash people. Have you people forgot about how the hobby is supposed to be fun and you big guys in the hobby teach me things about snakes. I love all the shows. No matter which one it is. I attend all. Thanks and remember it's fun and let's stop the ban on pythons. Good luck and have fun.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:10 PM   #99
DJR73
Hi Stephanie,
OK ends here, you continue to believe whatever. And I am done fighting. I love my show and do the best I can. I have wonderful vendors and very supportive vendors. And most of all, they are my friends. As for the public that supports my shows, THANK YOU for the 20 wonderful years, and we hope for another 20. I also care very much about the industry and have done supportive things to work against the band that would put us all out of buisness. I can't control what everyone says. I can only tell you what I did said. You make your choices in life and I will make mine. I sleep well at night knowing I have many many friends from all walks of life that interact with this wonderful industry. I bash no one. I give everyone a fair shake in life, as I hope they do for me. Those who know me, know me well. They know what I am like and what I am like as a buisness professional. PLEASE CONTINUE TO FIGHT AGAINST THE BAN THAT WOULD END US ALL. We must remain united so we can beat this!!!!!

Old 01-22-2010, 08:22 PM   #100
DanRC30
So, now that the show is over, did you all enjoy it? What did you think of it?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!