THE SNAKE PIT WAS BURGLARIZED *AGAIN* LAST NIGHT!! - Page 105 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 06-26-2002, 01:51 PM   #1041
Neil Gubitz
John...I can't argue with you there! You are absolutely correct! I was born "sans" a "tact" gene!! It skipped generations, I guess! lol

As far as the two "lies" you caught me in....I've already admitted to them and apologized for them....so because I got confused on a snake in my freezer right after the burglary, and then I tried to save time by posting a sold snake that had died....those are "hangable" offenses??? I think not, pal, but, I can understand your questioning the other things I said....that's ok, too, but...had I done "any" of the other things I was accused of...I would have admitted to them and apologized for them, period!..."Had I done them!!" I don't shirk away from responsibility for "any" reason....but, I sure will fight for my honesty!!
John...I understand you're doing what you think is best from your point of view.....maybe one day, I can change that point of view back to where it was originally?? Because "that's" where it should be! lol But, for now...How bout just a truce between us??? And, No...you don't have to follow me blindly...you know what it's like to be in this situation?...now, think about a 1/2-dozen people doing it to you all at the same time....your "tact" might just fly out the window occassionally...ya think??? ....Neil

Old 06-26-2002, 02:02 PM   #1042
Arboreals of the Rainforest
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...their attempts to "quote" me all the time...</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

Neil, buddy,

Thats because you say so much thats worth repeating. spam_OVER and over and over and over and over again. spam_

When will they learn to just listen the first time?

ROTFLMAO

Old 06-26-2002, 02:14 PM   #1043
Neil Gubitz
Tim...I said it just a few posts ago??

"You tell them you're going to tell them....then you tell them....then you tell them what you just told them!! Maybe "then", they'll understand what you said?"

lmao ....Neil

Old 06-26-2002, 02:18 PM   #1044
Casey Hulse
Quick memory refresher for Neil:
I bought 1 pr of "adult gold phase" beardies from you last year in June I believe. You advertised them on KS for 350 and I paypaled you. I recieved them the following day, and when I took them out of the bag I saw that the females rear foot was almost severed. I emailed you right away and you got back to me right away, assuring me that you had no idea how it happened and that it must have happened during shipping. I told you that it looked as if a cage door had been shut on her leg. You told me that you would do anything to make it right with me and you knew that I could provide her with excellent care and shipping her back would be so stressful. So we kept her, at first it did not seem to bother her too much , but after a few days her appetite started to diminish and we had to force feed her. We kept you updated every day. You volunteered $50 for a trip to the vet.We force fed her daily for about a week and she just kept getting worse. We soaked her foot 2-3 times a day in betadine and used topical antibiotics. We were quite certain that she was going to die and I was quite frustrated. When I emailed you and told you I would like a refund for her, and I thought that she had been injured at your store, you got very angry, called me several names, said it was "novices like you, who make us proffesionals look bad" and offered $100 as compensation and told me I better accept it quick, before you got more angry and changed your mind. I took the 100. Smaugy died about 2 weeks later, after the vet amputated her foot. Blood poisoning. Smaug (the male) passed away last September. He just never got over the coccidia I guess.

Old 06-26-2002, 02:35 PM   #1045
Neil Gubitz
Casey...You're absolutely correct...I got mad as "heck"!! Why??? Firstly, I never keep Beardies in a "cage"...they are in glass tanks, they "can't" get their feet caught in the mesh! Secondly...you have the emails...post them!! I told you from "jump-street" to take her to the Vet...but, Nooo, you wanted to treat her for two weeks on your own! I even offered you the $50 to help pay the Vet bill, which you initially refused because you admitted that it could have been from shipping which wasn't my fault! When you next tell me that you want your money back after two weeks of "not" taking her to the Vet...yes! I blew up! But I "still" sent you $100!! How many dealers would have done that??? Not many, and you know it! And I even "knew" I was never going to hear from you again (business-wise, anyway), and I still sent you the $100 the Next Day! And you never saw one word of it on here, did you??
So, Casey...there's enough blame to go around on this one! But..."none of it" is on me! ....Neil

Old 06-26-2002, 03:57 PM   #1046
EMERALDGUY33
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">maybe one day, I can change that point of view back to where it was originally??</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

I doubt it, but like I said before. Who knows?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But, for now...How bout just a truce between us???</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

Fair enough. Truce. But with an added condition. I will come back and speak my mind should I be personally adressed and/or feel a need to speak my mind.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you know what it's like to be in this situation?...now, think about a 1/2-dozen people doing it to you all at the same time....your "tact" might just fly out the window occassionally...ya think??? </td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

Yes Neil, I know all too well what it's like to be in your situation. Worse in fact. And that is why I can sympathize with your situation. And why I have refrained from truly going after you. But just because I've been there, doesn't mean that I should turn the other cheek either. As far as a 1/2 dozen people doing it all at once, try over 100 people. Also, yes, my "tact" took a flying leap on several occasions. And it cost me dearly. When your freedom depends on it, you learn real quick to employ "tact".

Old 06-26-2002, 04:06 PM   #1047
Neil Gubitz
Hey John....works for me?? This should be pretty cool, though....so, in other words...if I ever want to speak to you, or get in touch with you...it'll be like the "Bat-Signal"....I just type in your name on one of these threads...and there you'll be??? Not bad!!! That's a lot of power you left me, I will use it wisely....j/k lmao ....Neil

Old 06-26-2002, 04:18 PM   #1048
EMERALDGUY33
*LMAO*

Old 06-26-2002, 04:22 PM   #1049
jbuncc
to address the question: why don't your customers come here and verify the sales? &nbsp;ha, would you? &nbsp;i mean, everyone who sticks up for neil here is accused of "blindly following" and then slammed for whatever reason. &nbsp;personally, if i purchased a snake from neil (which i wouldn't hesitate to do for any reason), i probably wouldn't come on here unless he asked me to just for the simple fact that i don't want to be harrassed for that. &nbsp;anyone remember the person that purchased a snake from bill cagle and posted it on the boa forum on kingsnake and then got slammed by someone for it? &nbsp;that's essentially the same thing (although it doesn't happen to that harsh a degree here).
and why isn't it enough proof for neil to just list the sales he has made? &nbsp;i'm satisfied with that. &nbsp;and besides that, what if he cut a few deals here and there and doesn't want everyone asking for the same thing just because they saw it here on his receipt that he posted?
some people during this thread have tried their hardest to make neil look like a bad guy. &nbsp;you can do that with anyone and it will work. &nbsp;you know how? &nbsp;just keep accusing things that you know are or aren't true! &nbsp;it doesn't matter if they are or not b/c if the person doesn't defend their self, their automatically guilty (not in reality, it's just the way it seems and that's the way people will perceive it), and if they do defend their self, their trying to "cover it up".
as far as neil's faulty memory... i can't blame him for that. &nbsp;mine sucks too. &nbsp;but, i know what i would and would not have said given a certain circumstance as i'm sure neil does too. &nbsp;for example, i visit another message board that is based around the dance music scene in north carolina/south carolina. &nbsp;there are threads on there from over a year ago that i contributed to that i don't remember typing a single word, but i know how i feel about a certain subject and so i know that i did it (well that, and my name is sitting right there with it). &nbsp;and as someone stated before, would you remember the details to everything if you didn't think that you were going to have to recall them to *prove your innocence*? &nbsp;(and by the way, that is what everyone made him do on this thread anyway which is total BS because that's not what this country is founded on). &nbsp;also, if someone ever verbally attacks me the way that the people in this thread have attacked neil, i'm coming out with 2 double barrels blazin'! &nbsp;no one deserves what he has gone through. &nbsp;"persecution complex", yeah, i'd have it too! &nbsp;and so would you! &nbsp;especially if NO FACTS were used against me to try to prove that i did something (neil breaking in to his own store - which is why this thread has 105 pages to begin with if you need a refresher) which i did not.
as far as neil not telling the truth about the snake he had for sale on kingsnake that died, i'm not saying i would have done the same thing, but i understand. &nbsp;you don't want the customers of a pet store that has animals coming in and out all the time worried b/c a certain animal died for whatever reason when it's nothing to worry about. &nbsp;i'm sure that neil in hindsight would liked to have said something like "the animal advertised on such and such date is no longer available", but, we all F up sometimes.
yes, i'll admit that when this thread first started, i was thinking that neil may have done it. &nbsp;then, as i started reading and thinking, i came to the conclusion that he couldn't have and wouldn't have done it. &nbsp;that was many many pages ago. &nbsp;what this has turned into is a war on neils personality and no matter what you think of it, it doesn't need to be brought up in this thread or any other unless it's a "bad guy" post. &nbsp;or a "good guy" post.
so there's my .02 if anyone cares or is reading this thread anymore.
thanks

Old 06-26-2002, 05:38 PM   #1050
Chondrophiles
as much as it churns my stomach to have my name on this thread, i must speak up about one thing.
neil, you said you sold a pair 0f 1.1 BABY sorong chondros. chondros shouldn't be sexed until atleast a year old. and at that time they should only be sexed if they've put on good size their first year and if it's pretty important that they're sexed. their vertebrae are so fragile they've been known to get kinks simply from hanging from their perch wrapped around a prey item. your customer may be happy now, but may also be very dissapointed in a year or so if/when the kinks start becoming evident.
let's just hope the little guys made it through alright. please people, STOP sexing your baby chondros!!
peace,
steve barringer

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!