Way too cool. - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-21-2011, 09:10 PM   #101
Tere Salazar
Thank you, Maia!

All right, folks...this is where it gets interesting. So, as I was taking the picture of the one poking its nose out, I noticed the one next to it just didn't look right. I had noticed this morning that same one had gone very pale and wasn't responding to having its egg "tickled".

This afternoon, when I took the picture of the one poking its nose out, the picture below is what I saw (sort of graphic), egg on the bottom, far right. I have since removed the baby from its egg and pulled its head out from inside the little sack thing, and it has taken a few breaths and moved its little melon a bit from where I had placed it (hoping that's a good sign). Its color almost immediately returned, but its limp as a dishrag. It's back on a wet paper towel in a tub in the incubator. I don't know if it's going to make it or not.

Does anyone have any input on anything else I can do to help this little one along? I hope I didn't just...well, you know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_2254.jpg (115.1 KB, 82 views)

Old 07-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #102
Matt2979
I would think keeping it moist (more than normal after a snake coming out on it's own) would be helpful. Is the egg sack still intact?

Old 07-21-2011, 09:24 PM   #103
SlytherynHiss Exotics
Poor Lil Guy- I hope he will be ok, Tere.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:41 PM   #104
Tere Salazar
Thanks, Rayna. Me too.

Yes, Matt. He's got his yolk with him. (And let me tell you, trying to pick up a limp baby and his yolk, trying to avoid yanking his yolk out of him is NOT an easy task!) It doesn't look like he's absorbed any at all, but the little veins going from the yolk into his tummy have blood in them like they're working the way they should. The yolk is just a big blob and doesn't look to be knotted up or anything. I don't know what the deal was...is...whatever. And his paper towel is more than just moist. It's definitely wet.

Ugh. This totally sucks.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #105
SlytherynHiss Exotics
You`re going to be up all night with him

Old 07-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #106
Matt2979
Keep it nice and warm and very moist, and hopefully it'll absorb some yolk. You're on day 57 (if I'm doing my math correctly) so it's not THAT early. Sorry you're having troubles with this one. I really hope that everything works out for both of you!!

Old 07-21-2011, 09:56 PM   #107
Tere Salazar
Agreed, Rayna. Thank goodness I don't have a huge amount of work tomorrow.

Thank you, Matt, and will do.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:04 PM   #108
Daequix
Hey Chica-- you know you are doing the very best for this wee one, and that you have been responsible and loving in his care. Now just keep him (or her!) warm, moist and well watched over (I know you will do that!) and let Mommy Nature do her do. You have likely given him a chance at life where he may have died in egg....the fact he has a good blood supply to his tum is a great sign.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:48 PM   #109
Tere Salazar
Thanks, Bree. I guess time will tell.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:56 PM   #110
Quiet Tempest
In all the excitement of new hatchlings it's easy to forget these things can/do/will happen from time to time. I hope s/he pulls through for you!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!