I've got EGGS!!!!! - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-13-2011, 04:26 PM   #101
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
Matt my son loved your pics Friday. He said "Skizzard? SKIZZARD!!" LOL
A skizzard would be GREAT for your son!!! LOL! Thanks Nick!!

Here are a couple of pics of these guys in their new home. A couple more have pipped, and will probably stay in the incubator for another day or two. I've already got six in this tub so one of these will go with the rest in another tub.

As a big, former Marine, I don't use phrases like "so cute" or "adorable"...but these little things are BOTH!! I've put a very finely chopped salad of Spinach, but nobody touched it so I tried some new-baby roaches. A couple of dragons ran like the Devil himself was chasing them when confronted by a roach. (In case anyone is using this thread to pick-up info for their own breedings, the roaches that I'm speaking of are less than a week old. I started some breeding colonies back in January to get ready for what these babies will eat!)

I've got one little tough guy/gal (another difference from snakes--I won't know which is male or female for awhile) that ran around eating like a baby Pac Man!! I even managed to sneak a tiny bit of spinach into his/her tummy by throwing the roaches in the salad.

I just can't believe the colors that are already coming in on several of them. I need a better camera to share!!! The one I zoomed in on, in the last pic, has ORANGE coloration coming in. Some have some bright yellow, and some are showing early signs of big, solid blue bars to come!!! Unfortunately, with my crappy little 5 mega-pixel camera, and the UVB light washing out the color, these pics look a lot different than what I see when looking into the tub!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4178.jpg (124.7 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4175.jpg (164.4 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4176.jpg (179.6 KB, 83 views)

Old 06-13-2011, 05:13 PM   #102
Tere Salazar
Hahaha! I'm rolling over here at the picture in my head of a former marine running around saying things like cute and adorable...and laughing even harder at the mental image of the devil chasing those babies! LOL! OMG! I know exactly how cute that is and am thrilled to no end that you put it into words so perfectly!

You know what? We had the same issue whenever we'd try to take tub picture, too. Here in a few weeks, when you don't have to worry about them running off quite so much, try to snap some shots with no flash next to a window for lighting. I bet you'll get some different results, even with a not so hot camera.

They look so happy already! Way to go, Matt!

Old 06-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #103
areynolds333
I'm not sure if you know( haha I have no idea if I'm pointing out the obvious).... You have Hypos in there. Check the paler ones( they will stand out against the normal siblings) with the orangy/golden heads and see if they have 20 clear nails!

I'm not sure of the parents genetics but either they are both het hypos, or one is a hypo and one is a het hypo!

Congrats on the babies

Old 06-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #104
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by areynolds333 View Post
I'm not sure if you know( haha I have no idea if I'm pointing out the obvious).... You have Hypos in there. Check the paler ones( they will stand out against the normal siblings) with the orangy/golden heads and see if they have 20 clear nails!

I'm not sure of the parents genetics but either they are both het hypos, or one is a hypo and one is a het hypo!

Congrats on the babies

Actually, I had noticed that a couple looked hypo, but had never even thought of Sunshine being het hypo. I see people posting normal BP's all the time, looking for someone to tell them that they got something special from their local pet store. I didn't want to be "that guy"! LOL

Sure enough, at least 2 have all clear nails and are extremely light compared to their siblings. I have a female hypo that I'm planning to breed Spring '12. My plans were to breed her with Clyde, whom I already knew was 100% het hypo. Now I'm thinking that I might find a male (hypo) in one of these clutches that could turnout even prettier than Clyde! (And that would be SWEET, as I think Clyde is a gorgeous dragon!!) I'd prefer the entire clutch to be hypo so...

Old 06-27-2011, 09:00 PM   #105
Matt2979
Well folks, she ain't done yet! Just put clutch#4 in the incubator this evening. THIRTY EIGHT eggs!!!! POOR girl, is all I can say. She at a couple of dubia and is passed OUT on her rock!

Old 06-27-2011, 09:25 PM   #106
Tere Salazar
Oh, my goodness, Matt! She's been a very busy girl!

But, um...how about some pics of those babies?

Old 06-27-2011, 09:48 PM   #107
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tere Salazar View Post
Oh, my goodness, Matt! She's been a very busy girl!

But, um...how about some pics of those babies?
Ummm...make that 39 eggs! And I HOPE that's the last of them, at least for this clutch!

Since you asked, Tere, here are a few pics. Just remember that it's a crappy camera. I've decided that I'm going to buy one very soon. Can't keep posting these crappy pics of good animals!!

Pic 1 is the bigger of the 2 hypos. The other hypo is the runt of the litter, and not sure if it'll ever thrive like the rest.

Pics 2 & 3 are 2 more poss hets, and pic 4 is the biggest of the clutch. Can't wait to see what they look like after they have their first shed!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4238.jpg (145.3 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4240.jpg (137.5 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4241.jpg (140.9 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4242.jpg (150.5 KB, 53 views)

Old 06-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #108
Tere Salazar
You sure she's done this time? Wow! That girl deserves some big fat juicy bugs of some sort! LOL!

Crappy camera or not, those babies are PRECIOUS! Look how fat they are already! You're doing a great job, Matt!

If you haven't already, try separating that little one out to its own enclosure. It might be feeling intimidated or something. Hopefully that'll be all the "push" it needs!

Old 06-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #109
Mistyck
Omg look at the cuteness! I want one! I love babies! Lol then they grow up to be big grumpy cusses lol

Beautiful babies Matt!

Old 06-27-2011, 11:06 PM   #110
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tere Salazar View Post
You sure she's done this time? Wow! That girl deserves some big fat juicy bugs of some sort! LOL!

Crappy camera or not, those babies are PRECIOUS! Look how fat they are already! You're doing a great job, Matt!

If you haven't already, try separating that little one out to its own enclosure. It might be feeling intimidated or something. Hopefully that'll be all the "push" it needs!
Thanks for the comps, Tere! And you've helped tremendously to make my experience so awesome!!

I haven't separated it yet, but I should be set-up by lunchtime tomorrow. I've had like 3 bulbs blow in the last 2 weeks, and 1 of them was less than 2 weeks old!! Glad I don't need those things for all my snakes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
Omg look at the cuteness! I want one! I love babies! Lol then they grow up to be big grumpy cusses lol

Beautiful babies Matt!
Thanks Brandi! But noooo...LOL My adults are all sweethearts. And believe it or not, but these babies are already (for the most part) over being mean/scared. I've really only had one flatten out like a tiny sand dollar and hiss at me!! That was too much. But now they don't want to be put down, and they just sit there and close their eyes when you pet their little heads!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!