Bite Club - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

View Poll Results: What best describes your personal experience??
Never been bitten. I tend to keep more placid species IE Cornsnakes. 55 9.60%
Have been nipped at a few times from my baby Python or Boa. 223 38.92%
I get hit every freaking day by something, whether I'm cleaning cages or just free handling for 'special time'. 34 5.93%
I've been hit hundreds of times from just about everything!! Kings, Milks, Pythons, Boas, but nothing too severe. 104 18.15%
I was at the wrong end (the recipient) of an extremely painful bite from a very large constrictor. 95 16.58%
I use extreme caution when handling any of my reptiles, and have not been bit by anything other than my neighbors dog, my house cat, or my neighbor. What's all this nonsense about Reptile bites??? 62 10.82%
Voters: 573. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2005, 02:32 PM   #101
4snakes
i get bit every time i open my one cal kings tank but even thou it's a 4ft snake it's a king snake so small teeth i don't even feel it any more but it bleeds so that works write i don't care if they bite but i hate when they musk you or just crap on you
after all what love doesn't hert here and there
kevin

Old 07-16-2005, 07:53 PM   #102
wreckwriter
My son has a 4 foot Mexican black king that bites constantly, pretty much every time I take him out of the cage. Usually not but if he gets a grip he tends to grind it in. I've been bitten a lot, mostly colubrids but one bite from an 8' rtb. That was tough, I was reaching in a open top cage and he nailed me on my inner forearm and did not release. Had quite a time with that and am very careful with him now. Lessons learned...

Old 07-20-2005, 08:21 PM   #103
DiabloBoa
i want to join, no wait i did, thrice!

well ive been bit by my 8-9ft boa on my hand but she was fairly new at the time and yada yada no biggie. it hurt but she let go on her own with no broken teeth.

but at local pet store i was just standing around ans someone pulled a 12 ft or so burmese out of a box and just as i looked down at my shoe laces...BAM!!! i got hit right on my head.

i froze up cuz i didnt want broken teeth (already had one exp. that went ok and my uncle had broken some teeth off in his hand) but the jerk that was holding him literally ripped it off my head, breaking the skin more than necesary and i instantly began pulling teeth out. the docter spent like an hour digging for more teeth and now ive got some scarring from my temple to past my hair line. nothing too bad but you can see those holes.

i think about how my boa hit and let go while the python hung there like a pit bull sometimes.

also got bit by a gopher snake while out herping. my buddy chad got footage and beleive my there was plenty of cursing. hes been talking about posting it for a while but after some editing (language)

ive had some of my new born boas hit me but i doubt it counts.

Old 07-20-2005, 08:26 PM   #104
DiabloBoa
Talking thats me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport
How many have taken facial bites? We should have a group within the club for those of us that have taken a hit to the face.
im in.

Old 07-24-2005, 07:27 PM   #105
romad119
Ok, I was bit twice now. My escaped varanus melinus (yellow monitor) bit me good when I recaptured him. It was the neck twist that got the blood going.

Old 07-29-2005, 01:53 AM   #106
DiabloBoa
Quote:
Originally Posted by romad119
Ok, I was bit twice now. My escaped varanus melinus (yellow monitor) bit me good when I recaptured him. It was the neck twist that got the blood going.
ahh just as i would expect it too. heard about a tegu that took a finger that way.

Old 07-29-2005, 02:10 AM   #107
Python Lara
All my incidents have been pretty minor. The worst bite I've had was from my Retic & it was completely my fault. He only has one eye and I reached down and touched him on the blind side without letting him know I was there first. So I startled him. Normally he's an awesome guy with no handling prob's and I've never been bitten from him since then.

The other incidents were from my boa's and baby Blood Python. One bite had me digging teeth out for 3 weeks lol a tooth a week.

Old 07-29-2005, 08:33 AM   #108
Schubs
u here

Old 08-01-2005, 03:49 PM   #109
Abish
I've been bitten by four or five types of kings, and 2 types of baby boas. Nothing too bad, only lost a tiny bit of blood.

Old 08-16-2005, 08:23 PM   #110
SpyderMan
I've been nailed by my 4' iguana, which didn't bleed for more than about an hour. It did however feel like I got my finger shut in a car door twice. I also took a little tiny nibble from my 2' iggy that has since passed on. Also got redecorated by a hairless rat that is no longer with me. -Joe

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!