Weather - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:10 AM   #101
Cat_72
LOL, at least I can just walk out and feed my horses........now as long as they stay in the fence, I'll be fine!

I remember several years ago, gosh, must have been 95 or 96(?) when we got snow like this, but it came in several layers with ice in between.....it got so high and hard packed that the horses discovered a spot where they could walk out right over the fence. I spent half a day pounding electric fence posts into the ice and snow, and stringing up electric fence to keep them in a smaller area until spring thaw. It was just too much and too hard to clean with the tractor, and there were trees in the way. Anyhoo......got it all done and strung up, herded them into the fence, and then went in to turn it on (yes, I should have electrified it BEFORE locking them in, I know this now).....my one little mare was one of those who knew immediately that it wasn't powered.....and she charged right through it and unstrung it all, fence and posts flying.....

I was mostly concerned that she hadn't hurt herself getting wound up in all that wire, but I will admit that once I knew she was OK, I did a LOT of cussing putting the fence back together, lol. I'm very glad that we have a much better pasture fence system set up here now....and can clean the snow away from the fences.

Yesterday we had a couple of friends show up with their plows on their trucks and help us finish getting cleaned out, unfortunately, they had been out cleaning driveways all day, and had a few beers while doing it. They both ended up stuck, one blew a heater hose, and we had to call a neighbor with a skid loader to get them out, lol. At least we can get out of our driveway now though.....

Old 03-05-2007, 05:46 PM   #102
Dragondad
Well last night and this morning were interesting. Was driving home from a short trip, in the area I live the wind had been going all day and every place the road wasnt protected from the fields the blowing snow was all across the road. There were 3 accidents within 10 miles of my house and this morning a pickup had rolled over after hitting one of these icy patches just out of town.

Supposed to have a low of -5 tonight. The wind is blowing between 10-15 mph not fun. Thinking I might just stay put.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:10 PM   #103
Cat_72
Yikes.....time to hibernate!! At least our temps have been bearable lately, though we're dealing with the snow blowing constantly now too. Just be careful if you gotta go out there!

Old 03-08-2007, 06:02 AM   #104
Dragondad
Ok, yesterdays weather was really weird, I can't remember when I have seen anything like it.

Started out normal pretty overcast with some snow flurries falling. Was working in the arena on the water system and stepped out. There was this blue stuff in the sky all over and this bright orange thing. At first I thought aliens but it slowly moved across the sky. I won't say it got real warm but had to take my winter coat off and just use a sweat shirt.

Anyone know what that was?

Old 03-08-2007, 08:57 AM   #105
Cat_72
You mean......you were OTUSIDE without 3 layers of protection, and didn't get frostbite????

Wow, that really IS strange!

If that orange thing was big and slow-moving, it COULD have been the mother ship searching for signs of intelligent life.....if it keeps coming back, you'll know it didn't find any yet.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:58 PM   #106
Dragondad
Well who said anything about not having three layers. I have t-shirt, long sleeve shirt, sweat shirt, XL hoodie, then may winter coat. If I am lucky I stay warm.

And that orange thing was back for a little bit today, but disappeared behind the clouds again. And if its looking for intelligent life on the farm it better just skip on to the next solar system!!!

Good news is they say 40 degrees tomorrow and as high as 50 mid next week. I will be looking for my shorts and sandals.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:24 PM   #107
Cat_72
They say we're supposed to warm up like that next week too, but I'll believe it when I see it, lol.

We're all getting spring fever here, and all of this snow is driving us all stir crazy. Just look what it's doing to my son......

Old 03-08-2007, 11:05 PM   #108
Stardust
That is too funny, lol

Old 03-10-2007, 06:55 AM   #109
Dragondad
Well I am excited today, didnt get below freezing last night. It rained all night and supposed to be in the 40's again today. They say that winter isn't over yet, but I think I can see the spring from here.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:33 PM   #110
Stardust
The weather has been really nice the last few days, 50's.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!