More pics of the oddball - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-14-2007, 11:39 AM   #101
Cat_72
True Jen. Gotta love those teenage boy hormones. LOL.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:55 PM   #102
Cruel
I think it´s not fair to link everything to the low age of people.
It is a difference if somebody is discribing his vew, WITH arguments, or if you only state a stupid comment, with no sence, only for starting something like a war...
Those people are the reason why I searched for an American snake forum, because in some German forums we have many of those people. And now, when I thought I have found one , there is such silly boy and destroys the nice atmosphere.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:58 PM   #103
Pink Lady Exotics
Benny, we link everything to age because American teenagers are naive and overly confident that they know everything and are infallible. Rarely do you find an American teenager that isn't this way, they're few and far between.

Old 05-14-2007, 04:51 PM   #104
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
So...the ONLY male worth anything to you is one that is a morph. Pathetic. Normals are also worth something (unless you are the type that looks at these animals as nothing more than potential money makers).

I bet you are the type of person who would put a baby male normal in the freezer if it was sick rather than spend the money on a vet and treatment.

You're attitude that normal males are worthless is disgusting and the sad part is there are many others I have heard the same thing from. NO animal is worthless.

This type of mindset is what I hate about this hobby. People only care about the money they think they could make with an animal and if there is no chance of a return on investment, well, then it's just worthless.
That type of attitude is WRONG.

I want to comment on this a little... Because im sure everyone is seeing it. and is a little bothered by it.

Lots of normal males are sold to pet shops more than anything else. Those animals alot of the time then get tossed away by people who realize they no longer want said "COOL" pet... And those end up in shelters.

I dont know if this is something thats being done, or if others do it, but wouldnt it be better for the animal in the long run to just put them down, instead of ending up in a shelter? or worse.. outside roaming around till winter where they then freeze?, or in the everglades?
Its not that i would want to do it myself, but its definitely something ive thought about because i worry about them as a whole, and would rather them a quick painless death, than drawn out suffering.... Can anyone else voice their opinions on this, and maybe what they themselves do, or think about the situation? im truly interested in others thoughts on this....

Old 05-14-2007, 05:53 PM   #105
RKO1
I just want some of you to read these post, I never said anything about money, yet everyone else does.
Seems that you are the ones always thinking about the money.
I had normal ball pytons years before I ever knew what a "morph" was, bred them and hatched....yep normals.
Adding morphs into the mix is all the more fun. Not $$

So you guys keep talking about money, and ill keep breeding for fun.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:43 PM   #106
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
I want to comment on this a little... Because im sure everyone is seeing it. and is a little bothered by it.

Lots of normal males are sold to pet shops more than anything else. Those animals alot of the time then get tossed away by people who realize they no longer want said "COOL" pet... And those end up in shelters.

I dont know if this is something thats being done, or if others do it, but wouldnt it be better for the animal in the long run to just put them down, instead of ending up in a shelter? or worse.. outside roaming around till winter where they then freeze?, or in the everglades?
Its not that i would want to do it myself, but its definitely something ive thought about because i worry about them as a whole, and would rather them a quick painless death, than drawn out suffering.... Can anyone else voice their opinions on this, and maybe what they themselves do, or think about the situation? im truly interested in others thoughts on this....
No idea which one of you actually wrote this pretty good post but it didn't answer my question.

Would you spend the money on a vet for the visit and meds if a baby male normal ball python was sick?

I would. Even if it is only a $12 snake and the vet bill came out to $200.

Would you spend the money to help the snake or would you put it down because it would not be "worth" the cost?

From the tone of your posts, I don't beleive you would be willing to spend money on it since it is not a morph.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:45 PM   #107
SPJ
Oh man. Wrong text quoted.
I meant to quote RKO1.

Seems the attitude has changed from normal males not being worth breeding to being fun breeding normals.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:57 PM   #108
RKO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
Oh man. Wrong text quoted.
I meant to quote RKO1.

Seems the attitude has changed from normal males not being worth breeding to being fun breeding normals.
Not at all.
I said i bred them befor i knew what a morph was.

You keep talking about taking a normal male to the vet, but didnt your albino die? Why didnt she get a vet visit?

Old 05-14-2007, 07:03 PM   #109
SPJ
She did. She ate fine and then died. I had a necropsy done which didn't turn up anything.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:40 PM   #110
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKO1
I just want some of you to read these post, I never said anything about money, yet everyone else does.
Seems that you are the ones always thinking about the money.
I had normal ball pytons years before I ever knew what a "morph" was, bred them and hatched....yep normals.
Adding morphs into the mix is all the more fun. Not $$

So you guys keep talking about money, and ill keep breeding for fun.
You wouldnt know a Mojave female if she Sat on your face... Your an Idiot dude! Plain and simple..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!