Bite Club - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

View Poll Results: What best describes your personal experience??
Never been bitten. I tend to keep more placid species IE Cornsnakes. 55 9.60%
Have been nipped at a few times from my baby Python or Boa. 223 38.92%
I get hit every freaking day by something, whether I'm cleaning cages or just free handling for 'special time'. 34 5.93%
I've been hit hundreds of times from just about everything!! Kings, Milks, Pythons, Boas, but nothing too severe. 104 18.15%
I was at the wrong end (the recipient) of an extremely painful bite from a very large constrictor. 95 16.58%
I use extreme caution when handling any of my reptiles, and have not been bit by anything other than my neighbors dog, my house cat, or my neighbor. What's all this nonsense about Reptile bites??? 62 10.82%
Voters: 573. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2005, 08:32 PM   #111
DiabloBoa
"redecorated" is a nice way to put it.

Old 08-16-2005, 08:45 PM   #112
SpyderMan
I actually got rid of that rat a couple of hours ago. Before I got rid of her I checked to see if she would get along with my friends large furry rat. Well she liked him, but he didn't like her. He beat the sh*t out of her and I tried to break it up. Needless to say I got done up yet again. Same finger too. And my finger really is redecorated probably for life. Large rats hurt like a son of a b*tch but I'm sure you guys know where I'm coming from. -Joe

Old 08-16-2005, 09:29 PM   #113
DiabloBoa
as far as rodents go my worst was from a hamster that was "hella sweet and wouldnt bite you at all" the second i put my hand in the cage it decided to completely bury its teeth into my finger. i wanted to feed it to snake but it was his girlfreinds.

Old 08-16-2005, 09:40 PM   #114
ffollett
We breed boas. I have been hit a bunch of times by boa hatchlings, a couple by a gtp hatchling, JCP hatchling, and once by a ball.
Our largest female boa has almost nailed me twice due to a stupid feeding errors. I couldn't find the long tongs to give her a rat. She passed up the rat for a warm hand, both times she grazed my hand.

Old 08-31-2005, 07:31 PM   #115
crotalusadamanteus
Thumbs up Been bit lots in my life.

Mostly by wild caught colubrids while growing up in cali.
I think every coachwhip I ever caught tagged me at least once.
My albino Boa thought I was food for almost her first year. She tried many times and got me six times in 6 years. 5 the first year. LOL And once cuz I smelled like dove, and did little more than rinse my hands afterwards. DUH. She got a good bite on the web of my hand......Interesting fact here, when they bite, and they taste food, they clamp HARDER. HA HA
My 10 ft male burm tagged me once in the calf, but let go very quickly. I think I stepped on his tail in the night. He had the run of the back part of the house back then. That hurt pretty good, but not serious.
My worst was by C. c. cerastes. I crashed my dirt bike on top of him/her, and got tagged in the palm of my right hand. let me say this. Hemotoxic venom HURTS BAD. HA HA At least this lil guys did.

Though I have been bitten many times, in my defense, most were as a youth. I have handled hundred of Venomous snakes in my 30 years of being a herp lover, and have yet to be envenomated due to improper handling.

Cool thread, It's interesting hearing everyones input on this.

Ciao,
Rick

Old 09-11-2005, 09:37 AM   #116
DAND
I got initiated yet again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bite me.JPG (99.1 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg Bite me 2.JPG (82.7 KB, 212 views)

Old 09-11-2005, 01:32 PM   #117
crotalusadamanteus

Feed the poor thing. It's obviously starving. LOL
So what is it? Looks sorta kingish to me.
Great pics BTW. what are you using?

Ciao,
Rick

Old 09-11-2005, 03:30 PM   #118
DAND
I was trying to feed it. I was attempting to cup it when it decided it couldn't wait and took my thumb.

Yeah, it's a Cal King.

I'm using a Olympus D-580.

Old 09-11-2005, 11:07 PM   #119
South Dixie Dragons
Wow! I would have freaked that it was clamped on to me but you actually took the time to take a picture!!!??!! Im impressed! heehee..

I have been bit a few times over the years by snakes and what not but nothing to really get freaked over..

HOWEVER...one of my Leopard Geckos got out Friday night (how? who knows)
we went walking across the living room floor and one of my Basset Hounds went to investigate..
I had no idea this was going on because I was pounding away at the computer, when all of a sudden I hear this poor dog screaming and howling at the top of his lungs, I turn my head to see this tang gecko flying across the room and this poor dog bleeding profusely from his nose! I am not talking about a little blood here either! I mean there was a pool on the floor! I never imagined that a leo could do that kind of damage!
Well my Basset learned a lesson huh..
I am glad to report that Basset and Gecko are fine now...no more Friday night fights...
So can my Basset join the "Bite Club"?

Old 09-12-2005, 05:03 AM   #120
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Dixie Dragons
Wow! I would have freaked that it was clamped on to me but you actually took the time to take a picture!!!??!! Im impressed! heehee..
I'm always getting nailed by something. Usually smaller stuff. When it happens I try to find where I left the camera so I can take a picture or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Dixie Dragons
So can my Basset join the "Bite Club"?
Sure why not. Sounds like it's bite was worse then many already inducted.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!