Rare Monitors up for Adoption - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 12:25 AM   #111
GuinnyOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Kendergirl
Any bets on how long it will take for them to hit the market?
Any bets on whether or not the animals ever existed in the first place?

Yeah, something is fishy....

Old 01-24-2006, 09:25 AM   #112
Cat_72
I think this whole thread was just another "psychology experiment". LOL!

Old 01-24-2006, 09:56 AM   #113
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuinnyOne
Any bets on whether or not the animals ever existed in the first place?

Yeah, something is fishy....

You nailed that one. I highly doubt they ever existed. Nobody in there right mind would have given away such high dollar animals to someone who not only could not grasp the English language but also did a stint in Prison. Can you say....proof of prior lapse's in judgement?

I never responded in the earlier posts as I felt something was amiss from the get go. Now, I know there was.....

Griz

Old 01-24-2006, 12:34 PM   #114
BILLY WILLIAMS
Well it appears as though Thomas has been banned for using a word which I would not deem offensive or indecent (he got banned for using the word "P ie- H ole"- how silly is that?). Anyways, Thomas sent me an update as soon as he received the animals yesterday afternoon/evening.

Apparently something happened while shipping, as the female emerald tree monitor arrived dead. I would love to know what happened to it, as I thought that I did everything necessary to ensure a safe voyage. Unfortunately, Thomas carefully explained to me that he hasn't the money at the moment to have such a necropsy done on the animal. It really hurts to know that the female died; she was one of my most favorite captives. This was in no way Thomas' fault; if anything it was my own, and I blame myself(regardless of what the true cause may have been). I specifically shipped with the airline, to avoid any possible shipping complications, as the animals would be in transit for a shorter period of time. Words cannot express how I feel right now.

He has sent me various photos of the animals set up in their temporary enclosures, as well as several photos of the dead female V. prasinus, in an attempt for me or anybody else to possibly identify what could have gone wrong. All of the other animals appear to be fine and healthy, although I did have to make a few suggestions to Thomas on his temporary setups. Hopefully with the advice and suggestions I gave him, my(his) animals will do well and live a long, healthy life.

I can see that many of you are upset with my decision, but I assure you, that they are in good hands. As for the people that claim I never contacted them, I am sorry if there was some problem in communicating, or you not getting my messages. I assure you I tried contacting every single individual on this thread, even if it was just to thank them for their interest. I am not good with computers, so it is very possible that I messed up somewhere along the line. Once again, my apologies.

Here are a few of the photos that Thomas sent me last night. Can anybody make anything out from these photos? I am not an expert in determining the cause of death of reptiles, as I haven't had much experience with this in my own collection(death). Any help would be greatly appreciated(despite being after-the-fact).

Rob

Old 01-24-2006, 01:05 PM   #115
BILLY WILLIAMS
Here are the other photos which Thomas sent me last evening. He did forget to include photos of the Pilbara Rock. I will see if he can send some photos of that individual as well; and I will post them here for you to view.

Blue Tree male:

Blue Tree female:
Emerald Tree male:

Kimberly Rock females:
kimberly rock male:

Old 01-24-2006, 01:17 PM   #116
LakesideBoas
I'm sorry...

about the female, Robert. Alas, from the pictures it is impossible to say for certain just what she may have died from. It could have been as simple as she stressed to death. Being shipped, no matter how comfortable and complete the packing job, is a stressful situation. Perhaps she just wasn't as resilient as the others who, by the way, are beautiful animals.

I wish them long, happy and healthy lives in their new home.

As for communication on this forum, it is relatively easy if you do it through the forum private messaging system. I have yet to miss a message or an e-mail that has come via this forum. (One of the reasons I like it here so much ) Next time you would like to get in touch with one of us here try that route, it'll be easier on you and we're more likely to get your message.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:52 PM   #117
A_Kendergirl
To all the doubting-Thomas'....do you believe now?? Sad.....really, really sad! To think they could have gone to a good home with a number of people that posted on here.

Old 01-24-2006, 04:56 PM   #118
Palex134
I guess my spelling was too good and I didn't call "dibs", so my respect level dropped. Meh, its a shame. I love how most of the time during the thread, we were talking about husbandry, and care, such as keeping them all in one big room together and feeding them cat food.

Old 01-24-2006, 05:20 PM   #119
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLY WILLIAMS
If you are interested in taking on ALL of these monitors, please respond to this thread below with your level of personal experience, prior monitor experiences, accomodations which you have available to house these animals, and why you think I should choose you to be the new keeper of these rare and amazing animals.

I will not give these animals away to any old person, so please, serious inquiries ONLY.
Bob

I am not a monitor person but I just would like to meke a couple of comments.

First, these are your animals. You are entitled to do anything you like with them.

That said, the quote above came from your first post. On frst glance it sounds like you have some very solid parameters for choosing your animal's new caregiver.

Where this theory breaks down is when your final choice was an illiterate 21 year old kid who just recently got out of prison. This was your choice over someone who has years of experience and the financial means to care properly for a group of animals that do require significant and relatively expensive housing and husbandry? I am sorry. You seem like an intelligent individual but the logic here escapes me. A couple of the folks who responded here are well known on the reptile community and their word is pretty much beyoond reproach

The only other point I would like to make is that your vehement attitude against folks who sell their animals is a bit confusing. Over the last two years you have posted a number of YOUR animals for sale on this very site. Monitors incuded. Contradictory to say the least.

I would be far more worried that the new owner would end up selling the animals for eating money or possibly bail than I would have been about the legitamate interested parties selling them.

Just an opinion.

Old 01-24-2006, 05:24 PM   #120
Palex134
bail
haha

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread