Shrillomn, a brief expose - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:46 AM   #121
Rebel Dragons
I'm not supporting anyone Jim. Just venting some frustration with this thread.

Negative karma comments need to be kept in the user control panel. No one really cares about it. And no, I didn't see where Wes was complaining about receiving negative karma. If I had I would have told him the same thing.

I don't care if it's Wes, Lucille, Laura, Rich, whoever. Things like that need to be kept in private. It's just like receiving a private message. It's a meassage sent to YOU, not everyone else.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:49 AM   #122
Bill_Leverton
I wasn't even going to post in this whole sham of a thread , But it does seem that there is alot of people who are throwing the smack down on the neg Karma as of late, because of their feeling getting hurt by this one saying this or that, While I do see some people going over the top at times, IMHO sometimes you have to take a step back and collect yourself and stop being so damn thin skinned, and remember the old kiddy saying "Stick and stones may break your bones, But words can never harm you" and if the words are harming you then there must be some truth to them. Just some food for thought.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:58 AM   #123
Wilomn
BIG RED BUTTONS.

HUGE RED BUTTONS.

GIGANTIC RED BUTTONS.

ENORMOUS RED BUTTONS.

GARGANTUAN RED BUTTONS.

heh heh heh

Old 12-10-2006, 12:02 PM   #124
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
I'm not supporting anyone Jim. Just venting some frustration with this thread.

Negative karma comments need to be kept in the user control panel. No one really cares about it. And no, I didn't see where Wes was complaining about receiving negative karma. If I had I would have told him the same thing.

I don't care if it's Wes, Lucille, Laura, Rich, whoever. Things like that need to be kept in private. It's just like receiving a private message. It's a meassage sent to YOU, not everyone else.
Mike: I can understand what you are saying.

You and I have talked before, and gotten along. This here post was civil and to the point, and while we may indeed have different opinions, I think the way to go about voicing them is the way you did so here.

If we can talk together, we may in fact find there is common ground and a way towards achieving that ground.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:03 PM   #125
Chameleon Company
Agreed Mike that they "need" to be kept in private, or "should" be kept in private, but the bottom line is that they aren't kept in private. Lucille was speaking to or of Wes, rather mildly IMO, in a language that he understands. When it comes to mudslinging, Wes is at the top of the list in taking "all things private" and making them public if they can cast the other party in a negative light. You and I both know that flame wars in the BOI go well beyond the reasonable discourse of a business discussion. Wes was banned from Fauna for a long time because of his mud-slinging and general ignorance in civil debate.

Surely some are thin skinned Bill, and I was amused at the thin skin of Wes when he thought it wise to "screen shot" my spike at him. But we would agree that words in the BOI can also to tangible harm. If they are true, then so be it. But there are countless examples, to include from this past week, where Wes used "words" to label people in libelous ways, where the majority of the posts, to include many by folks that you would respect, did not support those conclusions. A few took serious issue with Wes then and there. If not for those people taking issue with the words of Wes in those threads, they would have stood without rebuke, and maybe gained support from a few of his sycophants. If you need a reference to who jumped the gun here, or who couldn't move on, go back to the thread cited by Lucille.

Cock-a-doodle-poo ! The rooster has awoken from yet another stupor.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:19 PM   #126
Bill_Leverton
Jim, I have read it, and do have my own opinions on it, And prefer to keep them to myself, While I'm seeing alot of people, that I have respect for at each others throats, and for what?? to be king or queen of the roost ??? Is it all worth the hassle??

Old 12-10-2006, 12:26 PM   #127
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Leverton
While I'm seeing alot of people, that I have respect for at each others throats, and for what?? to be king or queen of the roost ??? Is it all worth the hassle??
I couldn't agree more, Bill.

Some folks just can't get past their personal issues with others, and let it affect they way they post even on threads that have nothing to do with the issues in question....dragging those posts so far off topic it's shameful. There are some folks that I respect very much here (as well as a couple that I do not), that I have been a bit disappointed with lately. Not that it should matter to them, necessarily......but I would hope it would maybe inspire them to take a step back and ask what the hell I'm talking about.

That said, I still think the whole idea of this person posting as "Shrillomn" is ridiculous and cowardly, and shouldn't be allowed here. But what the heck.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #128
Chameleon Company
Hopefully, its not worth the newly elevated hassle Bill, and that is the point of it all.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:33 PM   #129
Mike Greathouse
This is amazing.

Here we are in a thread that I believe began as a parody by someone who refuses to identify themself; and it has progressed into a pissing match about karma and he said / she said jabs by some of the more respected people on this site.

Is anybody else seeing the irony in all of this?

This thread is located in the General BS section for a reason - it is not real.
It doesn't belong on the BOI and the only purpose that it serves is that of entertainment value.
I think everyone needs to step back and remember what's important.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:36 PM   #130
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Greathouse
This is amazing.

Here we are in a thread that I believe began as a parody by someone who refuses to identify themself; and it has progressed into a pissing match about karma and he said / she said jabs by some of the more respected people on this site.

Is anybody else seeing the irony in all of this?

This thread is located in the General BS section for a reason - it is not real.
It doesn't belong on the BOI and the only purpose that it serves is that of entertainment value.
I think everyone needs to step back and remember what's important.

I think that's a part of the problem, Mike.....that some people only see this whole forum as a form of entertainment.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!