Genetic Snow X SHTCTB - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 02:56 AM   #131
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpcam
Once again, thank you all for an entertaining thread. I have to say I thought something like this would happen sooner or later and/or we'd see a ton of high-end geckos being dumped on the classifieds here or on Kingsnake (they usually come with skinny tails and in generally poor condition when this happens). This is one of the reasons we have always recommended to newbies (and I was one once, as well) to just enjoy the geckos and get to understand husbandry (that includes quarantine) and herpetoculture before trying to get the newest, most expensive morphs to get rich off of. I guess we (many of us, probably) saw this coming in threads over the past year.

I have a couple requests...Kelli(and others), please go update your available page(s), I'm dying to send you more $$. Chris, please do something with the weather up there in Buffalo, I'm dying for a box from you.

Thanks much and have a great weekend, everyone.
I'll see what I can do.... I still have a few more strings to pull, but if mother nature dosent cave I'm going to have to bring in a hired gun....

Old 03-20-2005, 03:09 AM   #132
KelliH
Quote:
Kelli(and others), please go update your available page(s), I'm dying to send you more $$.
Don't worry, I will when I have geckos available.

Old 03-20-2005, 03:45 AM   #133
robin d.
Quote:
Maybe no one else caught this.
"the vet prescribed Flagyl and Panacur , he is feeling better and we are working on follow-up fecal exams "
apparantly dan you did not care about any of the females you were breeding that male to or you would have quarenteened period

which makes this statement FALSE
Quote:
no parasites have come from my collection . each group from each breeder is seperate , quaranteened , i work with them on seperate days even , use gloves , god what else , you have no idea and have been taking fecal samples to my vet as often as i can get it very fresh .
you have no idea about amebas.....you really have no idea what you have done

and what your "vet" is prescibed is not what is used to treat them.

Old 03-20-2005, 04:18 AM   #134
reptilebreeder
I've got to say after reading this thread, to the 2 Dans.
Your quarantine procedures, and your ethics (actually I should say your "lack of" in both cases), SUCK.

Why would someone put a $1200+ animal in with their females virtually the day they received it, unless they knew ahead of time that the gecko had to be somewhere else? From an outsider it looks like getting to breed that gecko to your females, was the payment or thank you, for being the go between.
As for the other Dan, you don't want to waste time being a beginner, breeding "just" normals or Tangerines, you want to be one of the big boys right off the bat. Think you can buy that? NO, this thread is a good example that it's not the dollar amount or animals, it's the reputation. People would be posting........"hey, put me down for one of your below market value macks" (wait don't tell me you are getting tons of e-mails and PMs saying just that ) instead of this virtually unanimous disapproval.
A good reputation as a "big" reputable, respected breeder, is earned by hard work; blood, sweat, and tears, and starting off at the bottom, not by buying high dollar animals anyway you can.

And to the two Dans', these are observations from a Leo forum "outsider". Check my post in the Hell thread about Wes, or my post in the Leo thread about Texas, if you think I'm just one of the "flock". Apparently ruffled a few feathers (scales) with some of the Leo members, but it was all in the name of herper camaraderie

Old 03-20-2005, 05:52 AM   #135
groovygeckos
eeeeeew your nose is brown

Quote:
you want to be one of the big boys right off the bat.
yea right !

yea , disaproval of all the BS that is being spouted out here noone here is even listening to the truth . so what do they disaprove of ?
the LIES others are spreading
like i said earlier i did not know how the ameoba works .

i got clean fecals from the snow male when he arrived , he even ate very well during the first week so i let him breed my females .

quaranteen , what is that for so you can sit and watch your animal die ? i like to know for sure and especially on high-end animals .

my asking chris about his fecals , was after the fact i had the females tested .

i just couldnt see how all of a sudden he had something unless he came that way or it came from my feeders .

yes i know what im doing . did i even say what it is i know ? if you read it correctly , it meant to say i know what i am doing so there is no spread of anything between any of my animals .

did i say i only seperate animals ? NO . that is something someone else is aSSuming from my post . go ahead twist it all to sound derogatory and try to make me look bad .

its really very funny except for the part where everyone is ragging on Dan L . for no reason .

it is really noones business but mine and his ! stay out of it !

Old 03-20-2005, 06:07 AM   #136
groovygeckos
below market value ? who ever said i was selling for less than anyone else . it certainly has not been my intention .

ill admit a little bit of pay- back to hue here is tempting , but im over it , and its really not the person i am .

better be a little more selective in who you anger ! things have a tendency to come back and bite ya`

besides about two months ago my mother became my partner , she is definately not up to the task .

we now have all of the projects and geckos we were looking for .

Old 03-20-2005, 08:55 AM   #137
Gregg M
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovygeckos
quaranteen , what is that for so you can sit and watch your animal die ? i like to know for sure and especially on high-end animals .
Out of everything you have said, this is about the most rediculous...... Are you serious?????? Unreal...... Dan, even after everyone else ripped you up in other threads, I still saw your side somewhat..... This thread however is showing your true colors and what your ajenda realy is..... It is kinda making me wonder why I did not see what everyone else saw much earlier on..... Quite silly

Old 03-20-2005, 08:58 AM   #138
Crestedleo
Dan, when Reptilebreeder said
Quote:
A good reputation as a "big" reputable, respected breeder, is earned by hard work; blood, sweat, and tears, and starting off at the bottom, not by buying high dollar animals anyway you can.
IF absoultley right! Do you think If I went and got an APTOR and a Hybino that I would be a big name breeder right off the bat? OF COURSE NOT!!! Kelli, Robin, Alberto and the others all got to where they are now by exactly that: Hard work, blood, sweat and tears. The High end animals the have and are producing are results of that.

Old 03-20-2005, 10:03 AM   #139
Hues1
Quote:
ill admit a little bit of pay- back to hue here is tempting , but im over it , and its really not the person i am .

better be a little more selective in who you anger ! things have a tendency to come back and bite ya`

besides about two months ago my mother became my partner , she is definately not up to the task .
Pay back?! pay back for what...because I chose not to sell a leopard gecko to you for VERY OBVIOUS REASONS? THOSE SAME VERY REASONS WHY YOU'RE HERE trying to defend yourself now? THE SAME VERY REASONS why you were not a good candidate to work with the Mack project, THE SAME VERY REASON why countless others wont sell or buy from you ( not that you ever had anything to sell...producing a whole whopping 3 maybe 4 geckos in a 10 year span wont get you very far ).

Hey POSER...how many eggs do you have?! how many will survive? How many of your geckos probably have amoebas? Better yet...why dont you post a picture of your adult Mack...the cats out of the bag, nothing to hide...RIGHT? I'd bet that poor Mack snow is ultra thin and probably on its way out. Think of the waste you POSER.

This is why, BIG REPUTABLE BREEDERS pick and choose who gets to work with a project first, because POSERS LIKE POE TYPICALLY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING!

Selective with my anger ?! POSER...you just dont get it, you're not a THREAT you're more of a tick or mite that has infested something and thats hard to get rid off...GOT IT. YOU'RE AN ANNOYANCE.

You've been on these forums since august 2004, in that LITTLE SPAN of time, you've managed to piss off ALOT OF PEOPLE, become completely despised, ruined a reputation you dont even have yet (well not entirely true if you count the bad one), stepped on countless big and little toes, and above all else...started your very own "poe is a POSER fan club"....I'm sure all of the above will get you very far in this business.

Do you really, honestly, believe you can still make it ?! This thread has had over 2500 views...do you really think that people who have been reading through this thread wont talk about the "POSER" who has been rubbing people the wrong way? You havent even started to sell anything yet, SOOOO....you dont have any type of reputation or past transaction history to fall back on....you think this will make people want to deal with you ?!

Then we have the self admitted amoebas issue....Heck, you could very well be one of the BIGGEST, LARGEST, MOST RESPECTED, REPUTABLE BREEDERS in the world right now... I along with countless others who care about our collections wouldnt buy donkey poop off of you right now because of the amoeba issue.

"Come and get it...come and get it...leopard geckos with FREE AMOEBAS! We guarantee every single animal we sell will include a FREE AMOEBA count of no less than 200...your complete UNSATISFACTION GUARANTEED ! TOP MORPHS FOR LESS BROUGHT TO YOU EXCLUSIVELY VIA DAN POE OF GROOVY GECKOS."

P.S. Big Boys dont need their mommys

Old 03-20-2005, 10:48 AM   #140
robin d.
Quote:
Then we have the self admitted amoebas issue....Heck, you could very well be one of the BIGGEST, LARGEST, MOST RESPECTED, REPUTABLE BREEDERS in the world right now... I along with countless others who care about our collections wouldnt buy donkey poop off of you right now because of the amoeba issue
thank you!! nor should he even begin to sell any offspring until he knows every single animal, after numerous fecals, over a long period of time are completely clean.... and this is something that wont clear up in a month MAYBE 6 months and hopefully even with in a year... sooo anything you sell (or attempt to) this year no matter what morph or whatever is worthless.
i only buy from certain people kelli, marcia, jeremy, monte, nicole and kevin and a handfull of others for a reason and even those people's animals even kelli my best friend i always quarenteen. period

Quote:
Kelli, Robin, Alberto and the others all got to where they are now by exactly that: Hard work, blood, sweat and tears. The High end animals the have and are producing are results of that.
i am no big breeder... im just a peon. i did start on low end geckos and worked my way up but i am in no way a big breeder and lack the experience of those like kelli, marcia and albey whom have been doing this for years

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread