THE SNAKE PIT WAS BURGLARIZED *AGAIN* LAST NIGHT!! - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 05-17-2002, 09:51 AM   #141
Dave Lawson
Neil Gubitz and I are friends (or were) I have cut myself free of me due to his shady deals and actions.I will not sink with him nor will I lie for him of cover his a$$.I am not trying to hide anything.I have stated facts I will tell what I know to the proper investigator.I think that everyone will agree that tipping off the "guilty" party will give them time to cover their a$$es.So I ask you would you rather I state everything here and let the criminal go free? or would you like to see a crock get whats coming to him?

Old 05-17-2002, 10:12 AM   #142
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
As an outside observer to all this, something isn't right.  

Neil's store got robbed...
He gets all of these people attacking his ethics and making half-assed, and unsubstantiated claims against him.
His "friend" Dave is here making IMPLICATIONS, but claiming they are facts, against Neil.  
Dave's girlfriend is also involved in the bashing of Neil and the Snake Pit.  
All four people that have been involved in attacking Neil and making accusations seem to be in contact with each other in some form, and all four claim to know Neil and his shop very well.

I think I got it all more or less.  I have probably missed one or two posts, but it doesn't look like I missed any that matter or change anything much.

The first major problem I have is Julie.  Too much knowledge and too much animosity.  She apparently has access to things she most definitely should not involving this case.  If you are not an investigator, suspect, witness, or victim of a robbery, why in the hell are you talking to the police regarding it, and why are they talking to YOU?  
The second of course is the others involved in the bashing here that sure seem happy that Neil got robbed.  Can I say MOTIVE?  In my book, that makes all four people involved here possible suspects.  Please do not think I am trying to convict you or make massive accusations or anything, but the four of you seem to be in together in the fact you don't like Neil, and that looks very susupicious.  My grandmother always says, "the bit dog always hollers," and you guys sure seem to be hollering.  
The third is that Julie is Dave's girlfriend.  The fact they are together of course doesn't bother me, but it seems like now Dave is here trying to cover BOTH of them from what she was saying earlier.  You have both made serious accusations against Neil, however, Dave did it in a very clandestine way, the complete opposite of Julie's rash attacks on character.  But the truth of the matter is, no matter HOW you phrase it, you are both saying the same thing.  
And the final thing that just bugs the crap out of me is this complete lack of proof you all have.  You all want to say things like, "death threat" and "no police reports" but won't back it up.  Where are those e-mails that threaten your life Josie?  I take any and all threats against me or my business VERY seriously and keep anything possible in regards to it, be it e-mail, letters, messages, etc.  And you keep saying that Neil did not file police reports on his other robberies.  Where is the proof of that?  And again, if you are talking to the police about that and they are volunteering that information, there are some serious problems within the Tampa Bay PD that need to be rectified.  Please don't take that as a dig against the entire department, but if they have an officer or two discussing cases that are in progress with the public, some thing needs to be done.  

Anyway, my point to all this is, if you are not involved in the robbery and have no clue who is, then why incriminate yourselves?

Old 05-17-2002, 10:16 AM   #143
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Just one more thing...

Dave, you keep talking about facts...where are they?  So far you have only stated conjecture and called Neil shady.  I have yet to see anything here from you that is a fact, so what are you stating?

Old 05-17-2002, 10:28 AM   #144
Pennebaker
I dont know what the heck is going on, but I do want to say this...

when this happened (the last time and this time), I offerred Neil some free baby beardeds as my "donation" to help out...Neil wanted them, but he wanted to PAY for them, not get them for free.

Didnt he say the same thing when Jason offerred baby boas?

Like I said I dont have a clue, but this doesnt sound like someone who fakes a robbery for greed/charity.

And I always keep in mind who started the thread...Neil did...knowing how nosey everyone is here and how things go, dont you think that would be a dumb thing to do if you were behind it all?

I think it's time for Neil to get some new friends.  I feel pretty bad for him right about now as he reads through all this.

Dana

Old 05-17-2002, 10:35 AM   #145
Dave Lawson
Point well taken,I will tell you what I will call the Tpd today and I will give them all the info I have along with at least 5 people that also have info in this case (none of which have ever posted here)and we will let the chips fall where they may.Just to clear the record I do not "hate" Neil I just do not like the person that he has become over the last year , I have only talked to Josie 1 time and I do not know this mike person that has posted yes Julie is my girlfriend but if you go back and read my very first post in this thread you will see that I tried to get her not to post.I know that some of you look up to Neil and it is very hard for you to  take in the fact that your loyalty is misplaced so you start to say that a group of people is out to wrongly accuse him.My Dad always told me "that things are not always what they appear to be" so if you do not know Neil personally and in person then you do not know him at all.Talking to him via e-mail and phone does not allow you the chance to see the real person.

Old 05-17-2002, 10:39 AM   #146
Pennebaker
one more thing...
for all the people that find it fishy that Neil has been robbed so many times...

Neil is a personality to say the least--outspoken--these people are often targetted

Neil has a pretty high profile--I know who he is and what the Snake Pit in Tampa is...he posts on the internet...I dont know of any other shop or dealer in Tampa (I'm from NM) except Josie's store now because of Neil and all this mess--high profile=better target

Little ole me at my old house was once robbed 2 times in 6 months and I didnt have nearly the goodies Neil does.

Just some thoughts.

dana

Old 05-17-2002, 10:55 AM   #147
MarcAntony
Being another impartial observer to this whole mess, let me just make the following statements. If any of the innuendos are true, this board certainly isn't the place to voice "suspicions", especially when those voicing them have a vested interest. I sense a tremendous amount of hatred amongst the "gang of 4" towards Neil. I don't know Neil and I don't know Dave, Julie, or Josie. I have come to the following decisions as the result of following this thread:

1. I have planned on visiting The Snake Pit the next time I'm in Tampa, and I continue to plan on it.

2. I will probably visit Josies store since I now know of it's existence.

3. Julie sounds like a bimbo brat, with some sort of vendetta.

4. I had contemplated buying animals from Dave in the past, but because of the way that he has presented himself in this thread, he went on my list of "Don't do business with".

spam_I am only a small time amatuer collector, so my loss of business to anyone is inconsequential. But others out there are larger purchasers, and are probably coming to the same conclusions that I am. It will be interesting how this all plays out.

Disclaimer: the previous statements are only opinions, and are in no way to be construed as the actual character of anyone involved.

Old 05-17-2002, 10:58 AM   #148
Dennis Gulla
Dave, Julie, Josie,
Why do you even bother to post on this thread? Everything that you post is nothing but slanderous heresy. You guys claim that you know Neil so well, and that you have facts and proof of everything, but as soon as someone calls you out, you disappear!!  Where are these e-mails? Dave, if you have something to say, then SAY it!! You come here, post all these slanderous accusations, then when someone calls you out, you say "I'll talk to the proper authorities, but this isn't the place." Then what the hell were you doing posted your HERESY if you can't back anything up!!!
I don't know how you expect anyone to give you any credibility with the track record you have! Do us all a favor, quite your SMEAR campaign unless you actually have some FACTS!!

Dennis Gulla

Old 05-17-2002, 11:52 AM   #149
Dave Lawson
Let me ask you this,Why do you not jump Neil? He stated that he has all these police reports to prove his statements but as of yet he has posted none! But I do not see anyone jumping him for not posting his " proof".Fine I will throw a dog a bone, I personally sold Neil 10 Imported adult Ball pythons and I told him that they were non-feeders. He paid $5 ea. for them that very same day he advertsed them as c.b. feeders for $59.95 acouple month ago Neil had a Black tail boa for sale he advertised it as a Anery proven breeder when it died he tossed the body in a dumpster and and posted on Kingsnake.com "thanks James and Kingsnake.com the Anery boa was sold" and for the past month before the break in Neil has been telling people that he knows the store was going to be broken into.

Old 05-17-2002, 12:24 PM   #150
HerpVenue
This person is good....
That person is bad....
These people are Jealous....
yada yada yada

Let us all just wait for the Private Investigators report.
Let's see what he says.  He is a third party.  He did not know any of these people until he investigated them.  So we can pretty much say that the guy will be fair and hopefully correct.

Let's let the chips fall were they may.
I wash my hands clean of this subject.  I did not sign on for this drama when I realized that I love this hobby.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!