The People's Choice - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:25 PM   #141
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
So you're saying that dand has been fair and even handed in his dealing out of dings?

Okie dokie.
Well, I have reviewed DAND's warnings to you and I cannot find anything that I would consider as "warning system abuse". Those warnings were levied via his own discretion in interpretting your posts, and I do not see any obvious indications that may preclude his coming to those conclusions.

However on your part, I think you are rather lucky that I decided to remove "Stalking a member" from being an offense on this site.

IMHO.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:39 PM   #142
Laura Fopiano
Quote:
So you're saying that dand has been fair and even handed in his dealing out of dings?

Okie dokie.
Wes, show me a post that has been way over the top and or abusive, you should know me well enough to know that I would hit him for it. I am not biased against you, in fact if you recall, I was and still am, one of your biggest supporters here.

I took the liberty of copying my warning to you for all to see....
Laura Fopiano
02-20-2007
Antagonism Towards Moderators
[ View Post]
You know I love ya honey, but..."dand, unless you truly are as stupid as I suspect you are" sorry I have no choice.

And I also quoted for you the infraction that I saw. I am not biased at all, in fact I am trying to be fair.
This feud between the two of you has warn out it's welcome a while ago. I am not a big enough "Pollyanna" to even suggest "can't we all just get along" however, in some instances, less is more.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:42 PM   #143
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Well, I have reviewed DAND's warnings to you and I cannot find anything that I would consider as "warning system abuse". Those warnings were levied via his own discretion in interpretting your posts, and I do not see any obvious indications that may preclude his coming to those conclusions.

However on your part, I think you are rather lucky that I decided to remove "Stalking a member" from being an offense on this site.

IMHO.
It's sort of a two way street Rich.

You have stated that I only see things one way.

I say the same about you. You only see what supports your preconcieved ideas. I have no problem with that but I'm not going to sit idly by and just take it if I think things are out of whack. Would you?

In fact, I believe you have spoken out about what you didn't like about your site. I am doing the same, but specifically.

Would you rather members, myself in particular, remain silent about such things? You already have members doing that. Surely you must be aware of it.

You know that by and large I like it here. By and large I'd say I contribute a fair bit of knowledge and not a little humor which, by and large, is more positive than not as far as I am able to discern.

If it doesn't balance out, you've got the chain, pull the plug.

You also didn't really answer the question I asked. While you may not have had a problem with any of the dings dand has given me, do you think he has applied himself fairly and equally to others who have done the same as I have yet recieved nothing for it? You see, if you do think that is fair, then I need to re-compute my definition of fair. At least as far as this site is concerned.

Eh, he'll keep doing as he has done, especially now that he has your blessing. I suppose I'll either have to change my wording, grow thicker skin, or hit the road. Sort of a shame, the way things are shaking out. Not a surprise mind you, but sort of a shame none the less.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:44 PM   #144
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
Wes, show me a post that has been way over the top and or abusive, you should know me well enough to know that I would hit him for it. I am not biased against you, in fact if you recall, I was and still am, one of your biggest supporters here.

I took the liberty of copying my warning to you for all to see....
Laura Fopiano
02-20-2007
Antagonism Towards Moderators
[ View Post]
You know I love ya honey, but..."dand, unless you truly are as stupid as I suspect you are" sorry I have no choice.

And I also quoted for you the infraction that I saw. I am not biased at all, in fact I am trying to be fair.
This feud between the two of you has warn out it's welcome a while ago. I am not a big enough "Pollyanna" to even suggest "can't we all just get along" however, in some instances, less is more.
My point, which you seem to have missed is this: what is right for one, is right for all.

Lack of consistency is the hallmark of fauna.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:26 PM   #145
WebSlave
Quote:
My point, which you seem to have missed is this: what is right for one, is right for all.

Lack of consistency is the hallmark of fauna.
What we have here, folks, is a point blank refusal of Wes to listen to what is being told him. Wes, NO one here is required to read all posts on this site. No one here is REQUIRED to catch each and every rule infraction. The ONLY defense anyone (including you) has about the warning points made on YOU is WAS THAT WARNING JUSTIFIED? It doesn't matter one whit what someone else may have done or not done. All that matters is what YOU did to earn the points. You got caught, and someone else didn't and you feel that a prolonged WHINE about "consistency" is an appropriate defense?

If you continue to purposely ignore this important point of argument you constantly (dare I say "consistently"?) bring up, then you are doing nothing more, in my opinion, then simply trolling here in order to get attention. I have told you this time and time again, but it apparently is a concept that you CANNOT, or WILL NOT get through your skull. This "consistency" defense you are claiming is the ONLY thing you have to argue with concerning those unwelcome antics of yours here, and you know it. You believe that it is a valid defense for you to pretty much act any way you want to if you can find someone else doing something similar. Sorry, Wes, but that isn't cutting it. And I am stating here and now (yet again) that it is NO defense at all for you.

So ARE you being singled out? Maybe, maybe not. But even if so, SO WHAT? As long as you don't violate the rules, you won't GIVE THEM A DARN THING TO DING YOU ABOUT. What exactly is so tough about that to understand? Cops do it all the time. If they suspect someone may be inclined to break the law, they simple stake them out and wait. Even with you KNOWING you may be the target of a stake out, you STILL go ahead and flaunt the rules. Just exactly how SMART is that?

And as for pulling the chain, that chain leads to the plug in the drain that may very well flush a member or two (who are deserving) down the hopper. And at this time there are 40 some members who can help tug on that chain. Even though I made that chain heavier then perhaps I should have, I have given them the power, and my blessing, to do what THEY feel is necessary and proper to make this the site what they want it to be.

As you once suggested to me, DELEGATE. So that is EXACTLY what I have done.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:30 PM   #146
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse
I think that is what Kevin was trying to say. You probably do not want to hear it, but if you met Dave in different circumstances I am sure you would find a lot in common, maybe even be friends.
I Agree Casey. If Wes met Dave in person I think everything would be cool.

Wes I am telling you bro. Dave(DAND) Is good people. I think you towo just need to talk it out

Old 02-20-2007, 09:38 PM   #147
Stardust
Wes,
It is obvious you like the site and you have said it. If you truly believe that you can be "fair" all the time, accurate all the time, consistant all the time, see everything all the time, and know what each meaning is meant by each individual all the time, well then pay the $100 bucks and hop on board!

Old 02-20-2007, 09:43 PM   #148
Wilomn
Rich, you seem to be under the impression that this is just about me.

Ok, I'll just leave you with that impression you seem to be under.

I disagree, but it makes no difference to you.

You've taken MY advice and delegated. Unfortunately, you have not taken all the advice I have given you but, as always, that is the way it goes and will not be changed by anything I say at this point in time.

You still have not answered my question but I suppose you won't. Honestly I thought you might but didn't really think you would. That pretty much answers it for me anyway as when you ARE fully in support of something you tend to say so. It's when you're not that you tend to skip the answers.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:44 PM   #149
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust
Wes,
It is obvious you like the site and you have said it. If you truly believe that you can be "fair" all the time, accurate all the time, consistant all the time, see everything all the time, and know what each meaning is meant by each individual all the time, well then pay the $100 bucks and hop on board!
$25.00 is the most I'll be paying for a membership here unless the basic membership that it gets me now goes up.

I'm NOT playing this game, which I have unequivically stated several times.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:45 PM   #150
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O
I Agree Casey. If Wes met Dave in person I think everything would be cool.

Wes I am telling you bro. Dave(DAND) Is good people. I think you towo just need to talk it out
I can forgive, which I won't, but I'm not much on forgetting.

Ain't gonna happen.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!