FaunaClassifieds upgrade now in progress - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:04 AM   #151
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
No more having 15 tabs open at once either. Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by norsmis View Post
Of course I had to try it!

I figured I'd wait til someone else did, and see what the results were SUPPOSED to look like before I did it.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:56 AM   #152
jenneses
Am I supposed to be able to edit tags of other posters?

Old 09-20-2008, 09:01 AM   #153
hhmoore
I don't know....CAN you edit tags placed by other posters?

Old 09-20-2008, 09:06 AM   #154
jenneses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I don't know....CAN you edit tags placed by other posters?
Yes, I can. You can see the tag I put down at the bottom. It says "see I can do it".

Old 09-20-2008, 09:30 AM   #155
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneses View Post
Yes, I can. You can see the tag I put down at the bottom. It says "see I can do it".
To me that says you can add tags - and, yes, you are supposed to be able to do that. (I don't know if that is controlled by membership level yet or not...but I would guess it is)

Editing them, IMO, would be changing or deleting existing tags

Old 09-20-2008, 09:34 AM   #156
hhmoore
Jenne - try to change or delete the one I just added.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:34 AM   #157
jenneses
Quote:
To me that says you can add tags - and, yes, you are supposed to be able to do that. (I don't know if that is controlled by membership level yet or not...but I would guess it is)

Editing them, IMO, would be changing or deleting existing tags
No I can't delete tags, unless they are mine. So that's good.

I would think only the OP or Mods would be able to add tags to a post. Seems like there could be potential for abuse this way. But that is just my opinion.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:35 AM   #158
crotalusadamanteus
I don't think you can. The boxes are not de-selectable

Old 09-20-2008, 09:38 AM   #159
hhmoore
Quote:
I would think only the OP or Mods would be able to add tags to a post. Seems like there could be potential for abuse this way. But that is just my opinion.
Which is why I suspect adding tags will end up requiring at least a Contributor level membership.Yes, the potential for abuse is there...but if anything inappropriate is seen, it will be removed.

I don't see a problem with people tagging their own threads, or even interested readers doing it to make the topic easier to find....I'll go out on a limb and suggest that if it were being put on the moderators to go around adding tags, we'd petition Rich to remove that feature, lol.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:43 AM   #160
jenneses
Quote:
Which is why I suspect adding tags will end up requiring at least a Contributor level membership.Yes, the potential for abuse is there...but if anything inappropriate is seen, it will be removed.

I don't see a problem with people tagging their own threads, or even interested readers doing it to make the topic easier to find....I'll go out on a limb and suggest that if it were being put on the moderators to go around adding tags, we'd petition Rich to remove that feature, lol.
True, you guys have enough to do on this site. Thank you for all the work you and the other mods do!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fauna upgrade, faunaclassifieds