Genetic Snow X SHTCTB - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 01:39 PM   #161
Herpcam
I guess it won't hurt to comment seriously this time, since it doesn't look like this situation is going away any time soon.

Dan P. - noone likes a liar (even though everyone lies about something). It isn't easy to lie and get away with it, especially in this business and with the way you have spread yourself out via emails and message threads. Whether you realize it or not, it seems like you lied, and the 'public's perception is our reality. For your own sake and the sake of your 'business', you will need to do something about your situation, whether you view it as being your fault or not. You need to come clean if you ever want to see your reputation worth anything around here. Sure, you'll sell some geckos, because there will always be people out there who want to get a gecko cheaply, no matter the risks or consequences, and there will be the few who have not seen this thread or heard about you. Then, if your geckos are still sick or if they encounter your attitude, they'll come here or onto KS and complain about the sick gecko they got from you and/or your attitude and we'll refer them to this now-32 page thread.

What I'm trying to say is, take some action in a positive direction to fix this situation for yourself and the sake of your business and our hobby. I think only you can start to turn this thing around, if it can be done. In order to do that, you'll likely have to make a full disclosure, preferrably in public, to undo any of this mess you can. You need to get the geckos professional help if they have a problem (just assuming you're not doing it based on Marcia's post). In this business reputation is everything if you're not just selling to the neighborhood kids and local pet stores.

Once again, Dan, you have the power to undo any of this that is undoable. It's all on you.

Old 03-20-2005, 01:45 PM   #162
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hues1
the reason why I was being selective of whom they were sent too, the reason why not everyone who inquired about a Mack received one, the reason why I screened potential buyers in order to ensure everyone else who was working with them would be protected.....so the above statement would not happen.

The Mack snows were far from being a no strings attached "sale".

This statement right here sums it up. Alex made the situation surrounding the mack sales VERY CLEAR. Dan L. went into this knowing beforehand he was going to be suppling Poe with the Mack. He selected the same one Poe was interested in obtaining.

He told Alex what he wanted to hear in a deliberate attempt to manipulate the situation. In order to get Alex to agree to the sale he lied. If he had told the TRUTH none of this would have happened, he would not have been supplied a mack.

what kills me is not a few posts ago he admits to setting up a breeding loan scenario with poe prior to delivery, yet when this was all begining he stated that Poe "swooped in" and bought it immediately after his interest in some sports car motivated his decision to sell, merely three or four days later of course..

The inconcistancies are piling up. Quit the crap and be straightforward. Please.

Old 03-20-2005, 01:57 PM   #163
Chris@TSE
I do believe I'll be making a very justified post involving both parties on the BOI within the next day or so. It's about time this situation was "set in stone" for all to see..........The circumstances surrounding this ordeal deserve the proper attention. I will however give the dynamic duo time to reflect upon thier actions. Perhaps the truth will simply come out willingly rather than forcefully.

Its quite sad people have to do these things to get to the bottom of simple situations. Its fairly cut and dry, can't get much more obvious. Do yourself a favor guys, save the BS. Its only making matters worse.

I'm sure everyone here would appreciate a bit of honesty, without the inconsistancies encountered thusfar.....

I'm also asking those who have emailed me thier first hand experiences involving these parties to repeat what they stated for the public here. They deserve to know, and perhaps it will motivate our "friends" here into making the right choices. Too little to late for them unfortunately, but atleast we wont have to listen to prefabricated garbage anymore. I thank you in advance.

Old 03-20-2005, 02:27 PM   #164
Gregg M
All I have to say is WOW!!! Never thought that a few questions about the genetics of a baby leo would turn into such a story..... The truth has a funny way of showing its sometimes ugly head..... Un freakin believable..... I have to say that I agree 100% with every post you have made here Chris..... And you know I am not easy to win over....LOL..... I also agree 100% with Alex and why he only let a select few in on the snow project..... His thoughts and feelings were in the right place, unfortunately one of the people he let in on the project crapped all over it...... As Monte said, you will never get an admition of guilt from the two parties but it does not take away from the situation at hand..... It is an unfortunate situation and I relly hope it does not tarnish this project for the rest of you..... I know when I am ready to pick up a snow or two, it will be from either Alex himself or one of Alexs hand picked few.....

Old 03-20-2005, 02:54 PM   #165
HERPCVT
amoebas

Listen everyone, to those of you that are making a HUGE deal of amoebas killing the colony:

Unless you are doing a fecal exam every week with a medical background on reading fecals...you all have NOTHING to give this guy crap about. Protozoans are only going to "wipe out a whole colony" if you let them. If you don't do fecals weekly and deworm properly, AND clean properly so they don't reinfect themselves, then good luck to you all.

Before you completely bad mouth someone on protozoans, at least know what you are talking about. And please, if you are going to say "my vet said ....", well please go to a few more, before you start preaching. One vets opinion on exotic fecals compared to what you truely learn in school, is completely different. I guarantee if EVERYONE here did fecals on their animals daily for one month...each and every one of you would find one thing. That is because all protozoans, (yes, including amoebas,) can live in the animal's body and cause no harm. The truth is you aren't suppose to treat most reptile parasites, unless the animal is showing symptoms, BUT the reason it is so important to treat animals anyhow, is because these protozoans are zoonotic.

Now if in fact this guy lied about taking the leos to the vets and he is deworming with store bought products, then I don't agree with it. But if he truely did get fecals done and found a few parasites, then treat and move on. Proper husbandry will end this parasites life cycle quickly.

Point of my rant is this:
Protozoans are going to hurt YOU personally, before they kill your colony.

I am not siding with anyone. This is only regarding my medical knowledge on the parasite issue.

Thanks

Old 03-20-2005, 03:04 PM   #166
Intense Herpetoculture
So, let me ask you, have you dealt with amoebas? So, how easy were they to treat? How do you clean the cage surfaces to treat for amoebas? It is a huge deal, one of the worst things you can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERPCVT
Listen everyone, to those of you that are making a HUGE deal of amoebas killing the colony:

Unless you are doing a fecal exam every week with a medical background on reading fecals...you all have NOTHING to give this guy crap about. Protozoans are only going to "wipe out a whole colony" if you let them. If you don't do fecals weekly and deworm properly, AND clean properly so they don't reinfect themselves, then good luck to you all.

Before you completely bad mouth someone on protozoans, at least know what you are talking about. And please, if you are going to say "my vet said ....", well please go to a few more, before you start preaching. One vets opinion on exotic fecals compared to what you truely learn in school, is completely different. I guarantee if EVERYONE here did fecals on their animals daily for one month...each and every one of you would find one thing. That is because all protozoans, (yes, including amoebas,) can live in the animal's body and cause no harm. The truth is you aren't suppose to treat most reptile parasites, unless the animal is showing symptoms, BUT the reason it is so important to treat animals anyhow, is because these protozoans are zoonotic.

Now if in fact this guy lied about taking the leos to the vets and he is deworming with store bought products, then I don't agree with it. But if he truely did get fecals done and found a few parasites, then treat and move on. Proper husbandry will end this parasites life cycle quickly.

Point of my rant is this:
Protozoans are going to hurt YOU personally, before they kill your colony.

I am not siding with anyone. This is only regarding my medical knowledge on the parasite issue.

Thanks

Old 03-20-2005, 03:04 PM   #167
Golden Gate Geckos
Jane Doe?

HERPCVT

Name : Jane Doe
Trader Rating: (0)

Warning Level: 0

OK, so who in the heck are you, Jane Doe? If you are going to come onto the Forum and post, please have the courtesy to provide us with your name.

Thank you.

Old 03-20-2005, 03:09 PM   #168
dragonflyreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
HERPCVT

Name : Jane Doe
Trader Rating: (0)

Warning Level: 0

OK, so who in the heck are you, Jane Doe? If you are going to come onto the Forum and post, please have the courtesy to provide us with your name.

Thank you.

that would be nice, before "JD" Starts giving out parasite lessons to the forums it would be nice to know who she/he is.

Chris, can't you do the IP thing since you are a high level member?

Old 03-20-2005, 03:13 PM   #169
HERPCVT
well,

Yes, amoebas are treatable. Metronidazole works great depending. Cleaning with bleach should work just fine. The reason I chose not to post my name, is for the simple fact of not wanting to be harrassed. It's that simple.

Have a great day everyone.

Old 03-20-2005, 03:20 PM   #170
dragonflyreptiles
well Jane Doe its hard to take someone seriously about a subjuct that is that critical if they cannot even post their true name. Just my 02 cents

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread