My First Beardie - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-16-2007, 11:35 PM   #171
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber,

Oh poor little Toby, he got his pride hurt! I am sorry. He will recover, but at least he has good vines to climb now though! I bet he loves them.

Oh the lights bother him I am sure. You could use a towel or something to block out the light if you are up extra late though. Just so he doesn't wake up too much.

Oh that is so adorable, he arm waved at Harmony? I bet she loved that. Enjoy that now, because he most likely wont do it once he gets older. They are so sweet at that age, too.

At least he has a blue blankie & not a pink one! LOL That would really crush him! LOL

He might not mind the dog, but it depends on if he is loud or not. There is no chance of him getting to Toby in his tank, is there? Make sure it is very secured just to be safe.

Talk soon.

Tracie

Old 11-17-2007, 10:32 AM   #172
harmonysmom
No chance of the dog getting him. I mean, it's low, so the dog'll be able to look him in the eyes, but that's about it. I was told the dog is REALLY well behaved.

I hope he doesn't stop waving. I wanted to put a mirror on one of the short ends of his tank, just so he starts doing those behaviors a bit more before he gets older, but Tim thinks that might not be too nice to do.

He is going to get his picture taken with Santa on December 1st. The Animal Hospital in my hometown does it every year, and now I have a pet I can take with me to have it done. I'm going to try to find a small Santa hat to put on him, and possibly make him some white fuzzy boots for over his feet. :P I doubt the feet would go over very well with him though, so I might not do it.

I can't believe how big he's gotten in just this past month. The bulge on his neck, is filling out nicely. There are red streaks going through it too.....it's awesome looking.

Old 11-17-2007, 12:46 PM   #173
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber!

Great that the dog will pose no threat to Toby. I am a worrier about those types of things. At least he is well behaved. When do you start watching him?

Well, some dragons do not mind seeing themselves in the mirror once they realize that it is them & not another dragon in THEIR territory. You can try it & see how he reacts. If he gets aggressive or starts to attack it then it is best not to stress him that way, even though it is cute at first. It will stress him if he does it too much.

Wow a picture with Santa how cute will that be!! I want to see it. Yeah santa hat would be cute, but I can just see it now, you trying to get boots onto him! I highly doubt it! LOL That is cool that the animal hospital does that every year.

He must really be growing. His beard will fill out & his head will widen even more too. That is great. Keep up the super work with him.

Tracie

Old 11-18-2007, 09:56 AM   #174
harmonysmom
Once I get the picture, I'll post it up. I start watching the dog this coming Wed. until Dec. 1st.

Toby is getting more and more alert as far as the t.v. goes. I think he has some favorite shows....he was really tuned in when Shrek the Third was on...haha. Now, he's watching Wishbone haha.

I have yet to weigh him again. During my cricket shortage, I know he didn't gain much. But since he's been eating NON-STOP he's probably made up for it at least a little bit. I can't wait for the next shipment, they should be here any time now. I almost think every 3 weeks is too long, might have to bump it to every 2 weeks. I can't believe he goes through 2K crickets in 2 weeks...sheesh! haha.

I have to bathe him sometime in the next couple days...but he's learned to jump out of all his containers...I don't know what to do...:P

I wonder how he's going to react to the Christmas Tree....it'll be in the corner behind the vine plant he tries to jump onto. The lights won't be on at night when we are sleeping, but still....

Old 11-18-2007, 09:59 PM   #175
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber!!

How funny Toby has a favorite tv show now, well, at least it keeps his mind occupied now! They really are attentive though aren't they?

Oh I bet he is eating tons of crickets right now, he is making up for not having any for a bit!! I hope your shipment gets there soon.

He might be mesmorized by any flashing or blinking christmastree lights, who knows. That will definitely be interesting to see what happens with that.

Hopefully the dog wont bother him too much. As long as it is a friendly dog & doesn't bark much then it should be perfectly fine for him. Any constant barking might stress him out some, but hopefully that wont happen.

Oh he doesn't like his baths yet huh? Oh well, he will just have to deal with them. LOL

Tracie

Old 11-19-2007, 08:47 AM   #176
harmonysmom
I ended up turning the tree off last night. I think it bothered him. He tried to find darkest corner of cage to sleep. So, yeah, we just turned it off. We'll plug it in when it gets dark, and then unplug it once it's time for him to sleep.

The guy is mailing off another 2K of crickets today. So, counting the holiday, I see them getting here Friday or Saturday.

Still trying to figure out what to get him for Christmas......he's already got a new cage with toys lined up, I want to get him something to either play with or something, not sure. Any ideas?

Nope, still doesn't like his baths.

They are pretty attentive. It's amazing. Like a kid

The dog will be fine. If she barks, I'll put her in her kennel in another room. So no worries.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:53 AM   #177
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber!

Oh too bad that the lights from the Christmastree seemed to bother little Toby!! The new lighting schedule should work out though for him.

Great you should be getting another 2K of crickets by friday hopefully. That really helps. He is an eating machine right now, isn't he? I will do some thinking about Christmas stuff for him. Wow, he gets a new tank & everything for the holidays. He will be spoiled. I know you are getting a light after the holidays so that doesn't count as a toy I suppose.

Maybe a stuffed toy perhaps, that is, if he isn't huge on biting or chewing on things..

It sounds like you have everything all figured out when you have the dog over so it shouldn't be a problem then. Toby might get jealous if you pay more attention to the dog than to him though. LOL

Maybe he will learn to love his baths, in time possibly. Some just don't like them though.

Talk soon.
Tracie

Old 11-20-2007, 09:57 AM   #178
harmonysmom
Yup loads of new things this holiday. I don't think he's big on biting things, then again, I've never put anything in there with him aside from necessities and his blankie. Might try one of my old stuffed toys, make sure no rips in it first though.

Yes, he does seem to eat A LOT lately! He even chows down his veggies almost as fast as I put them in there. He LOVES his peppers. He could care less about the greens, he eats them though, and thanks to him Harmony eats peppers really well too. Anytime I cut him peppers, I have to give her a chunk of each one. haha

I need to get him more worms....he hasn't had any of those in awhile. Maybe that's what I'll get him for christmas. A Huge supply of worms.

Old 11-20-2007, 01:29 PM   #179
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber!

I can see it now, a big stuffed toy in there for Toby to sleep on! LOL He would probably love that though. Yeah, if you get one, just look closely at it daily to make sure he isn't chewing on it!
Worms would be a nice little christmas gift for him. Something different for him. That is great he is eating lots of greens & veggies, especially peppers huh? He is making Harmony eat her peppers, too, now, that is funny!

I can't believe Thanksgiving is THIS thursday! Geez.

Tracie

Old 11-21-2007, 08:41 AM   #180
harmonysmom
Don't remind me about Thanksgiving. I haven't gotten to cook more than 1 dinner for it. And the one dinner I did cook, was pre-cooked the night before since I had to spend the day at the in-laws, and then go straight to my dads to make sure he got a decent meal instead of just sitting at home like he planned on doing. There wasn't even a turkey. I had to make a chicken.

Hmm wonder if I should get him a stuffed lizard, or a bear or something.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!