UPS, FedEx, Airborne Express, USPS - bad guys. - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 02-14-2004, 11:17 AM   #171
C. Reynolds
Okay, so whats the consensus?

SO apparently nobody has a problem with the wording of the petition? If so I will post it today and provide a link to the petition for everyone to sign.

Old 02-14-2004, 12:09 PM   #172
BallBoutique
Can you give the name?

Who gave you permission on live harmless snakes? Perhaps a phone number too. It would be nice.

Old 02-14-2004, 03:53 PM   #173
C. Reynolds
The petition has been placed online, plese follow the following link and sign!

Sign the online petition here!

Old 02-14-2004, 04:03 PM   #174
pcsmicro
I won't sign it because it leaves out us Lizard guys

Quote:
Originally posted by C. Reynolds
The petition has been placed online, plese follow the following link and sign!

Sign the online petition here!

why doesn't it state Live harmless reptiles us lizard guys have the same problems. then they will only accept snakes and turtles. Isn't this a reptile and amphibian forum ?? I don't think it's fair to exclude us lizard guys I have seen RK post more than just snakes on KS. Why limit it and be so specific. I could state something like ( LIVE HARMLESS REPTILES ie: Snakes, Lizards, Amphibians, Tortoises etc. )

Old 02-14-2004, 04:08 PM   #175
Mickey_TLK
Most of the companies will ship lizards with approval.

As we are not asking them to drop the approval system, in reality we are just asking them to add snakes.

However I do see your point.

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles

Old 02-14-2004, 04:10 PM   #176
C. Reynolds
Correct, as stated in the petition, most companies, including the US postal Service ALLOW the shipping of harmless reptiles and amphibians EXCEPT snakes.

We are not asking that they change their methods of accepting these shipments, just that they broaden their acceptance policies to include snakes.

Old 02-14-2004, 04:14 PM   #177
WebSlave
OK, I signed the petition.

Spread the word, please. Anyone willing to make up a few banners so we can get them distributed across the net?

I have received word that a couple of webmasters do not support this effort, so expect this in some instances.

Let's get this ball rolling.

Old 02-14-2004, 04:41 PM   #178
pcsmicro
to C. Reynolds - Yes but there acceptance is sketchy at best

Quote:
Originally posted by C. Reynolds
Correct, as stated in the petition, most companies, including the US postal Service ALLOW the shipping of harmless reptiles and amphibians EXCEPT snakes.

We are not asking that they change their methods of accepting these shipments, just that they broaden their acceptance policies to include snakes.
Yes, but there acceptance is not blanket policy and Airborne per their book only accepts tortoises. And 1/2 the cities or shipping facilities in the cities. Make up the rules as per their mood, likes or dislikes of certain Lizards etc. Some people are afraid of frogs so they will say oh, we don't accept frogs. So they need to accept all reptiles all the time, not have get a acceptance letter. We are not trying to get into a Univesity here guys. Think about it. Why would you need a letter if it is included in writing in their shipping policies. As we all know Mammals must go Delta Dash or one of the other airlines. My position hasn't changed !!

Old 02-14-2004, 04:42 PM   #179
The BoidSmith
Can we increase the visibility of the link for the petition?

Rich,

Would it be possible to have the petition in one post at the top of the BOI? Maybe even a post which can't be replied to. My concern is that by leaving it within this post it lacks visibility.

Regards.

Old 02-14-2004, 05:06 PM   #180
Mickey_TLK
Doug

I dont think we are going to get them to drop some of the stipulations. Nor do I think it would be wise of us to ask them to openly accept herps from everyone.

I think it would be ill advised of us not to expect some stipulations on this. Whlle I agree would shouldnt settle for a situation where some places accept one thing, and others dont. I think we must accept some sort of "contract" process everyone needs to apply for.

I dont think volume shold play a role, just simple proof you will ship within the desired manner to assure the health of the animals.

Maybe some wording could be changed to say ALL NON VENOUMOUS REPTILES AND AMPHIBIANS, Including snakes. But as stated before its pretty much accepted that with approval you can ship lizards UPS. And it also appears with approval lizards, and most likely snakes, are ok Fed Ex. The only place we need to push again for lizards is airborne, and currently we are more focused on Fed Ex.

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!