Mods who are SOOOOO smart they don't even have to read the guidelines - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:14 PM   #171
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
Erin what a great post, Wes sometimes thinks he is untouchable and crosses that imaginary line on a dailey basis. If you should dare give the great Wes a warning for any of his over the line adventures.....be prepared for his Buddys to hit your rep hard and rub your nose in it as they do that.
My point exactly Jay.....

Old 05-22-2007, 10:18 PM   #172
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
I'm sure Bobby will correct me if I'm wrong here.....but I don't think his quitting as a mod had anything to do with "protest". It was more a question of not wanting to be included as a member of a questionable at best "team".

There are a few really great mods here, but the ones that aren't so great tarnish the general rep of them all, IMO. When known scammers and scum are allowed to be mods, it doesn't lend much credit to the group in general.
You do know me Cathy!!

That said, I just don't want to be pitted with some of these, I also do not need to name names, everyone knows exactly who they are and just how much they are worth.

Enough said!!

Old 05-22-2007, 10:19 PM   #173
Cat_72
Quote:
Erin what a great post, Wes sometimes thinks he is untouchable and crosses that imaginary line on a dailey basis. If you should dare give the great Wes a warning for any of his over the line adventures.....be prepared for his Buddys to hit your rep hard and rub your nose in it as they do that.
BS, Ed.

Wes deserves the majority of the warnings he gets, and he knows it.

It's when folks hit someone for posts made BEFORE new rules took effect, and things like that, that cause such mods to get "hit".

Old 05-22-2007, 10:21 PM   #174
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
BS, Ed.

Wes deserves the majority of the warnings he gets, and he knows it.

It's when folks hit someone for posts made BEFORE new rules took effect, and things like that, that cause such mods to get "hit".
Right Cathy.

And as far as I know Wes doesn't send threatening and profanity laiden PM's.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:35 PM   #175
shrap
Quote:
If you should dare give the great Wes a warning for any of his over the line adventures.....be prepared for his Buddys to hit your rep hard and rub your nose in it as they do that.
If you are including me in that quote there sport I would have to flat out call you a liar. I stated plainly why I dinged your karma and it had nothing to do with you giving Wes warning points.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:39 PM   #176
hhmoore
Quote:
I have to disagree, Ed.
For the most part, Wes takes his warnings in stride. Sure, he takes exception to some - particularly when he is in conflict with the person - but, of course, THOSE are the ones that people become aware of.
(I can't comment from experience on his buddies hitting reps hard - but I think, from reading here, it is quite likely that Wes' warning points are not the driving factor)

Old 05-22-2007, 10:39 PM   #177
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
If you are including me in that quote there sport I would have to flat out call you a liar. I stated plainly why I dinged your karma and it had nothing to do with you giving Wes warning points.
No need to explain Sammy, we all see the whole picture.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:52 PM   #178
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench133
Then, in post #56 Rich proves that Wes is lying, because he shows that a mod can not ding anyone more than once a day.
Erin,

Rich didnt prove crap. On more than one occasion I have had 2 and 3 email notifications of PMs received and come here to check my inbox and there only be one PM. This software system does have hiccups. It could have done the same thing to Wes and he could have very easily thought the man tried to give him 3 warnings.

Chris also could have easily used his forward and back buttons to generate the multiple sendings of the warning PMs. Again, this software system does have hiccups.

So I would not be so quick to put a nail in Wes' coffin or call the man a liar over this. Working with computers has been my profession for over 10 years. There could be countless reasons why Wes got multiple PMs/Notifications for the same infraction. Forum software is some of the buggiest software ever written. Then you ad custom hacks to the software and it gets even worse.

I have seen, and had happen to me, too many software quirks just like this to say Wes is lying about receiving multiple notifications.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:42 PM   #179
Dr Owens
Quote:
If you should dare give the great Wes a warning for any of his over the line adventures.....be prepared for his Buddys to hit your rep hard and rub your nose in it as they do that.
This is just flat out untrue. I doubt that anyone (other than Rich possibly) has given Wes more warning points than me, and I have only gotten bad karma from Wes once...and that was back in October of 2005 when there weren't limits on giving karma like there are now (and it didn't have anything to do with my warning him for something). In addition, I have never gotten bad karma from anyone else in response to my giving Wes warning points.

Now, that's not to say that Wes isn't going to have something to say about someone giving him warning points, but I have certainly never seen him act in a petty or vengeful manner through something like the karma system as a means of "retaliation."

Old 05-23-2007, 12:16 AM   #180
Chameleon Company
I have given up even the slightest appearance of being a regular poster here, as this is perhaps my 3rd or 4th post in as many months. There are so many targets in these last 20 posts or so, that one would need a blunderbus to cover them all. My bullets are retired though, and I've learned to move on without being able to enliven my senses with the smell of burnt gunpowder.

Monkeywrench, I thank you for your insight:
Quote:
As disgusted as I am to admit it, I did find myself agreeing with Jim Flaherty
It is so gratifying to see that my wisdom here is as eternal as I always knew it was ......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!