Bite Club - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

View Poll Results: What best describes your personal experience??
Never been bitten. I tend to keep more placid species IE Cornsnakes. 55 9.60%
Have been nipped at a few times from my baby Python or Boa. 223 38.92%
I get hit every freaking day by something, whether I'm cleaning cages or just free handling for 'special time'. 34 5.93%
I've been hit hundreds of times from just about everything!! Kings, Milks, Pythons, Boas, but nothing too severe. 104 18.15%
I was at the wrong end (the recipient) of an extremely painful bite from a very large constrictor. 95 16.58%
I use extreme caution when handling any of my reptiles, and have not been bit by anything other than my neighbors dog, my house cat, or my neighbor. What's all this nonsense about Reptile bites??? 62 10.82%
Voters: 573. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2006, 02:32 PM   #181
CurtisF
I've been bit by a gecko and frog...

*Realising this isn't hardcore enough, I exit the thread*

Old 12-29-2006, 03:31 PM   #182
Melinda
Another bite to report to the club. Male Mexican Black Kingsnake thought my thumb looked like a nice chubby rat pinky. Of course I was showing him to some friends and saying what a good snake he was. lol

Old 12-29-2006, 07:21 PM   #183
cornsnakekid92
this is a few months old but it is from a female 6 foot BCI
Attached Images
File Type: jpg R boa bite.JPG (30.0 KB, 252 views)
File Type: jpg R boa bite 2.JPG (31.5 KB, 238 views)

Old 01-31-2007, 02:57 PM   #184
Mooing Tricycle
ive been bitten by a few animals and only three times by snakes. ( twice was the same animal in a span of 10 minutes)

The first two times was by Asus during feeding time, mind you a Stupid Feeding error. ^_- i had the mouse in one hand and dropped it in the feeding container and transferred the snake to my other hand to place her in the tub with the mouse, as soon as he was placed in my other hand BAM one hit. Fine whatever, i was bleeding but it didnt hurt at all. So she eats and i leave her for about 30 minutes. then i went to take her out and place her back home and i got hit again! darned snake....

The other time was when i was taking my male IJCP out of his enclosure and he must've smelled mice in the air because he nailed me right on the thumb and kind of underneath... i had to just sit there while he chomped away for a minute...

ive been bitten by tons of little anole's when i would try catching them when i went on vacation, ive also been bitten by different birds, Parrots SUCK to be bitten by, their bite is like a vice, and their beaks are so darn sharp.. Not fun! a funny one was a seagull that i caught at the beach, he was so mad at me he threw up his food in self defense and then tried Biting my arm ( he wasnt very successful at that though) others were little wild ones that i would catch when i was little.

Ive been pinched by hermit crabs that will NOT let go. you kind of just have to sit there and take it and get to the sink to run water over them before theyll let off. Those guys have broken skin and left blood blisters.

oh, and ive been bitten by a ferret... again, not very fun, those guys hurt SO bad.
ive also been bitten by my rabbit on the thumb and the blood just went everywhere.... blech

probably others... i just dont remember em now. if theres anymore ill remember to take photos :P

Old 01-31-2007, 03:05 PM   #185
LadyOhh
I don't take pics of my bites, but they come infrequently... There are a couple in my collection that will do ANYTHING to try and bite me, and some that could care less. I got tagged for the first time in a long time on Saturday though..

Old 01-31-2007, 08:44 PM   #186
Ed Clark
Talking

Is Curtis a girls name. HAHAHA just kidding. lizard and frog bites are not talkable!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisF
I've been bit by a gecko and frog...

*Realising this isn't hardcore enough, I exit the thread*

Old 02-07-2007, 08:38 AM   #187
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
Is Curtis a girls name. HAHAHA just kidding. lizard and frog bites are not talkable!
I dunno... lizards tend to clamp and chew a lot more than most snakes most the time and many of them have much more jaw power relative to the size of the head- the teeth aren't always as *long* but wider less tapering teeth leave bigger holes.

And I owned a pyxie for years that could break some skin and leave bruises... depending on where it bit who.

Old 02-07-2007, 04:41 PM   #188
John E Dove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley
I dunno... lizards tend to clamp and chew a lot more than most snakes most the time and many of them have much more jaw power relative to the size of the head- the teeth aren't always as *long* but wider less tapering teeth leave bigger holes.

I believe that, we have dozens of Great Plains Skinks on my place and our cats love playing with them. Inevitably I get bitten by them when rescuing them from the cats and the little stinkers refuse to let go until I give them a drop of Seagrams. They have powerful jaws for such a small creature.
John E Dove

Old 02-09-2007, 10:56 PM   #189
Melinda
I would rather be bitten by a Ball python than a leopard gecko. They are like little sharks. Bite, twist, bite some more and don't let go.

Getting bit daily by my new African Grey parrot.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:35 PM   #190
Ryan Maguire
I visited my friends house last week who has a cornsnake. I have never held one myself and it was my first time there. She told me that it has never bitten in over 6 years. Then, it latched onto my thumb while I was holding it gently. I didn't freak it, I just slowly tried to pull it off my hand. It did draw blood!

So much for a good first time experience, hehe.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!