2008 Calender - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-06-2007, 09:42 AM   #11
MohrSnakes
Very nice! I like it.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:55 PM   #12
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentLore
I won't say that having a Monopoly over the Calendar wasnt completely cool of course
Hah! It was funny though!

Old 09-15-2007, 07:06 PM   #13
draybar
I participated as well

I won February.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:33 AM   #14
Willis Wildlife Enterprises
I entered each month as well...just didn't have enough friends on this site to vote for my pics. But I have to agree...this site just isn't that active. You'll have much better luck on CS.com.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:01 AM   #15
SilentLore
Hmmm... I have NO friend on this site & I won almost every month... that's quite interesting...

I do believe they were contests based on talent & not popularity... who am i? I'm nobody.

& when & IF she does them as CS.com I don't know if I'll even win 1 of em. LOL! I've entered SO many other contests both on CS & on another forum... and just FINALLY another photo was up to the task to be the best to win recently .

Anyway...

Old 10-14-2007, 12:51 PM   #16
draybar
Lore

I don't think the post by Susan was meant towards you, Lore
Your photos were good and each one that won, should have. (in my opinion anyway). Even the ones that beat out some of mine....lol
BUT I also know what she means.
I have seen photos win some of these contests when it is obvious they were'nt even close to the best.
It is all subjective, of course, but .......
Someone just happened to have more "internet friends" they could encourage to vote.

One thing I am curious about is our supposed prizes for winning.
We participated, we won, we followed the rules and it wasn't our idea to cancel the contest.
Even two or three participants each month is enough to create a calender. It only takes one a month anyway.

speaking of which...I never saw anything on CS about a TripleMoons photo contest.

I did see Susan's photo contest, though.
Turned out nicely, Susan.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:08 PM   #17
SilentLore
lol... I take nothing personally in a forum

Frankly I was surprised I kept winning... now because I had... me particitating in contest in another forum... I strike fear into the hearts of others... "oh no... LORE is entering..." & here I've only won ONCE on THAT forum... LOL! So now... If I'm going to enter in a Contest... I keep my mouth shut, for fear of people NOT voting for me cause they 'think' I win too much?... meh... whatever... really I dont...

As for prizes... from Here I've gotten 1 prize Total... it was a calendar image from the first Image, the Sunkissed Hatchling... I never got any other ones... At somepoint I was supposed to get a T-Shirt, A large blow up of one of my Images... I passed on the Charcoal Hatchling, as I don't 'need' one & didn't pick an alternate prize...

Old 10-24-2007, 06:16 AM   #18
TripleMoonsExotic
Hey guys. For some reason I didn't receive reply notices to this thread.

I posted fairly frequently on CS.com announcing the contests (my handle there is blckkat ~ need to get Rich to swap it to TME). They were simply ignored. My thinking because they were hosted on Fauna.

As for the prizes...Very sorry about all of that mess...It seems one thing after another anymore with me. When I wanted to send YOUR prize out, Jimmy (which is still sitting on top of my display cages), my computer crashed (with the e-mail with your addy) and I was in a panic to recreate client work...It slipped my mind. Then the last couple months have just been COMPLETE heck...I was sick, I got married (wouldn't think that would be a problem, but my father and his wife drove me over the edge), eggs started hatching, I lost a baby, I lost my job, a tree fell on my car...So yeah...Hasn't been a good time lately...

No excuses though, I am sorry (and sorry for yammering)...and I will make it up to you two, so don't worry about it. It'll just take a bit of time well I fix everything here in good ol' PA.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:34 AM   #19
SilentLore
Oh hun... don't worry about it. The point to my post was that I really didn't NEED any of my prizes... & I already KNEW what was going on with you per a message you sent me, so *I* understood

I just didn't know if EVERYONE knew... so I didn't post that.

no making up of anything necessary.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!