Show Promoters...let's help Fauna! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:14 AM   #11
WebSlave
Sorry, but I'm not really planning on getting b/w fliers printed up. COLOR is what catches peoples eye these days.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:19 AM   #12
Tim Cole
Thumbs up

Even better!

Old 10-16-2008, 01:27 AM   #13
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyLove View Post
I vend at all of the NARBC shows as well as several others. I would prefer to put out fliers for CS, since corns are what I breed, and CS is really where I spend most of my online time. And I am always sending newbie customers over there anyway. From CS, they can easily get over to Fauna if they are interested in more than corns.

Anyway, if you want to make up some CS fliers, I would be happy to put them on my table at the Chantilly show, or any others I go to. If they were half page size, they would fit better on my table than full page size.

Let me know.
Kathy,

CornSnakes.com is in no danger of withering away due to lack of interest or support from the members. Matter of fact, the number of posts over there WAY surpassed the posting on this site long ago. Truth be known, MANY times I have considered dropping the discussion forums on this site completely in favor of expanding and promoting them more strongly on CS, since it is a completely different world over there. For instance, the personal forums I offered have been very well received (35 and counting) whereas on this site the idea just died on the vine with hardly anyone being at all interested in them. It just seems that members over there are not nearly as inhibited about posting as the members on this site apparently are. CS has less than a third of the registered membership of this site yet beats the crap out of FC in overall postings. Nor does CS have the liability potential of this site (via the BOI) as well, so the overhead I figure is needed to keep it running after SerpenCo has to end is MUCH MUCH lower.

Sorry, but FC needs the help much more than CS does at this time.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:12 AM   #14
GottaLuvHerps
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Sorry, but I'm not really planning on getting b/w fliers printed up. COLOR is what catches peoples eye these days.
Rich,

If you want to send some color fliers my way, go for it. I will have some B&W ones done up as well if that is ok with you, in case we run out of color ones at any point in time.

Tim,
Do you have that file you did up in B&W? If so, can you email it to me at info@centralpareptileexpo.com ? Thanks!

Kelly

Old 10-16-2008, 09:10 AM   #15
homegrownherps
Rich ...if you want to send me some flyers I will gladley help distribute them.
I do about 8-10 events a year, and certainly have enough room for some flyers. I can also put one in each box I ship.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #16
GottaLuvHerps
Just so everyone knows, I have had a respected member of this forum who wishes to remain anonymous send a donation to me this morning to cover the costs of printing 5,000 fliers (black and white) for next year. This will mean I will have at least 1,000 for each show. I am calling the printer this morning and having them printed.
Rich, if you still want me to set out some color ones, that is fine as well. But I want you to know that this community believes in you and Fauna, and they are stepping up to help in whatever way they can!

Kelly

Old 10-16-2008, 11:41 AM   #17
WebSlave
Thank you...........

I'm still planning on getting color fliers made up, though. Say.... I have an idea. What is the difference in price for those 5,000 fliers in b/w you are planning to have made up to get them in full color instead? I'll pay the difference.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:53 AM   #18
GottaLuvHerps
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Thank you...........

I'm still planning on getting color fliers made up, though. Say.... I have an idea. What is the difference in price for those 5,000 fliers in b/w you are planning to have made up to get them in full color instead? I'll pay the difference.
With my printer, it costs $45 per 1000 b&w, $450 per 1000 color...hell of a difference LOL. Let me look around though, I should be able to find a cheaper place to do color, like maybe Staples or something...

Old 10-16-2008, 12:23 PM   #19
GottaLuvHerps
Ok, I made 3 phone calls to other printers, and am not getting a cheaper price on the fliers than I can from my small guy. So let me know what you want to do Rich, I can go either way if you want to go color.

Kelly

Old 10-16-2008, 12:38 PM   #20
WebSlave
Let me check with my own printers here in Tallahassee. I had 5,000 full color fliers made up a couple of years ago for another site I run that didn't cost nearly that much. If they had wanted $450 per 1K fliers (45 cents each! ) I would have told them they were nuts and walked right out the door. I know for a fact that I didn't spend even close to $2,000 for that box of 5K fliers. Matter of fact, thinking back on it, I seem to recall thinking that the fliers I had made up cost me around 10 cents each, which I thought was a reasonable cost.

Of course, if prices HAVE gone up that much, then so much for getting color fliers....... I'm just not going to be willing to spend that kind of money.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!