hello ?????? - Virus program.... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-27-2004, 06:07 PM   #11
JungleHabitats
New email virus

Do not open any email from lmDavis@vt.edu Test if anyone gets a email from me with anything other then "its safe to open" to open in the header do not open it , as i just received this email which self opened and was a virus. im currently running AVG scan to detect and remove what ever it is ... just wanted to let anyone know on my email list that if it comes i didnt send it lol

Old 01-27-2004, 06:25 PM   #12
Brian Oakley
I was in my kitchen this morning and had CNN on, they were talking about a new email worm going around. I did not catch the name though. Did anyone else here this report?

Old 01-27-2004, 06:35 PM   #13
JungleHabitats
well so far

after running AVG it didnt turn anything up im about to run a secondary virus PRGM to check. hopefully no one gets anything from me and so far i see no problems with anything.

Brian my dad was just telling me about the worm you spoke of but he didnt catch the name or what it does

Old 01-27-2004, 06:41 PM   #14
BryonsBoas
Worms in the e-mail

Just last night i recieved 4 e-mails with worms , one of witch had a Postmaster address and an error sent massage.Virus program caught it but all 4 were sent within 10 minutes total.

Bryon Adzic

Old 01-27-2004, 06:45 PM   #15
robin d.
W32.Novarg.A@mm
Discovered on: January 26, 2004
Last Updated on: January 27, 2004 09:56:42 AM

W32.Novarg.A@mm is a mass-mailing worm that arrives as an attachment with the file extension .bat, .cmd, .exe, .pif, .scr, or .zip.

When a computer is infected, the worm will set up a backdoor into the system by opening TCP ports 3127 through 3198, which can potentially allow an attacker to connect to the computer and use it as a proxy to gain access to its network resources.

In addition, the backdoor can download and execute arbitrary files.

The worm will perform a Denial of Service (DoS) starting on February 1, 2004. It also has a trigger date to stop spreading on February 12, 2004

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...varg.a@mm.html

more critial virus info

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/

free online virus scanner if you dont have any protection

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Old 01-27-2004, 06:52 PM   #16
Brian Oakley
I have received about 12 in the last 24 hours. Of those, about half come in an attachment from a webmaster celivery notice....for lack of better words the automatic email you get when an email does not go through and comes back to you. The only problem is they were sent to people I NEVER emailed, don'trecognize the email addy, or the name of the person.

Does that all make sense?

Old 01-27-2004, 07:12 PM   #17
Wraith
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Oakley
I have received about 12 in the last 24 hours. Of those, about half come in an attachment from a webmaster celivery notice....for lack of better words the automatic email you get when an email does not go through and comes back to you. The only problem is they were sent to people I emailed, don'trecognize the email addy, or the name of the person.

Does that all make sense?
That's because a lot of virus regularly 'fake' the 'from' part of the headers. The virus raids an infected person's email address book and uses those names to make it look like it was sent from those addresses. So if someone had your email address in their book that's why you are getting mailer daemons... the return path had your address rather than the infected person's.

Adrian

Old 01-29-2004, 09:16 AM   #18
JungleHabitats
EMAIL NOTICE

Well folks due to a ITD ( Iternet Transmitted Disease) I will no longer accept or respond to any emails that dont have Attn Alan /Cages in the header.I have been receiveing about 15 infected emails a hr. I regret any inconveince this may cause or delayed responses to any legitimate emails regarding your requests . I am having a very chaotic time with email right now.So please understand if you do not get a reply back to me ASAP i would ask that for now any questions asked or info needed be directed to info2@junglehabitats.com or sales2@junglehabitats.com This is my partners company email and he can then send me any questions / requests that he may not have a answer to . Again im sorry for the troubles.

If you get a email from me and for any reason did not make a inquiry or it doesnt have the words Alan Hall is sending this email in the header please do not open it as it was not sent by me or from JungleHabitats

Old 01-29-2004, 12:39 PM   #19
WebSlave
Before I die, I would like to, just once, actually find one of these people who purposely make virus programs.

Old 01-29-2004, 02:15 PM   #20
BryonsBoas
E-mails with "HI" or "Hello"

Anyone else getting these? I'm getting 6-8 a day . I'm assuming these are with the virus attatched as well.

Bryon Adzic

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!