What would you do ? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 11-27-2002, 12:33 AM   #11
dwedeking
James has a good point. This manufacturer has set himself up for heartache down the road. Now, whenever Dealer B (Neil that's the guy that owns the retail store ) wants to he can pressure the manufacturer to dance his dance (cut prices to him, make special cages etc etc).

Old 11-27-2002, 01:16 AM   #12
Neil Gubitz
Daniel... you think *I'M* Dealer B??? I'm neither Dealer A, B, C or D??? Or Buyer A-Z, for that matter??

Hey Gary.... ya think it's time you straightened this out?? You started it?? Come on dude, finish it?? Name some names and take some numbers! Fire with fire....

....Neil

Old 11-27-2002, 01:46 AM   #13
dwedeking
My bad. That should have been "Neil, That's..." as I just trying to help you follow along

Old 11-27-2002, 09:04 AM   #14
Gary Walsch
No Neil is not player "A ", dealer " A " or " B " and he is not involved in this mess at all.

But Neil did you say that you were ac/dc and needed to be straightened out ? This is one of those personal issues that needs to dealt with elsewhere buddy ........... falls in the category of too much information, you know what I mean. .......LOL

Gary

Old 11-27-2002, 09:09 AM   #15
Neil Gubitz
Daniel.... see?? That's what the lack of proper punctuation can do to you??.... lol

FOR INSTANCE....

Neil says Daniel is an idiot!
OR....
Neil, says Daniel, is an idiot!

Which one would YOU prefer??.... lmao

....The idiot

Old 11-27-2002, 09:52 AM   #16
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Are you sure it's not illegal?

I think you said in your first post that it wasn't illegal, but are you sure? I kind of think it is, I could be wrong, but look at it this way. I *think* it would not be illegal if dealer A simply refused to sell to you,(Reserve the right to refuse service and all) or if dealer A charged everyone the higher price, or if dealer A had a notation somewhere on his web site that he would ONLY sell at the lower price to specific types of people (Business lisence required, something like that) But for Dealer A to refuse to sell to YOU for the current price specified on his web site based purely on the fact that YOU are YOU, but he is willing to sell to YOU if you pay him more than the asking price he has advertised, I think that is Discrimination, possibly extortion (SP?) and breaks at least some law (or maybe its a regulation) having to do with price gouging, and "Bait and switch".

Recently when I was in the grocery store I wanted to purchase some apples I had seen an add in the newspaper saying that store was selling for .15 cents a pound(Good deal, I went to that store specifically for the apples) When I got to the store the apples where marked at .30 cents a pound.......still a good price, but not as good at the "Bait" that lured me into that store. I pointed it out to the poduce man, showed him my newspaper add, and he promptly changed the price on apples to .15 cents a pound.

My point is, I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure they have to honor their advertisement. Maybe the ones who own retail stores can clarify this.

Old 11-27-2002, 10:11 AM   #17
Neil Gubitz
Cheryl.... I know exctly what you mean.... I saw an ad in the newspaper for Animal Crackers.... that got my attention, cause I love them, so I went to the store to buy some.... while I was reading the box, it said.... "Do NOT eat, if seal is broken".... well, I opened the box, and wouldn't you know it! EVERY SEAL WAS BROKEN!! I was really bummed out!.... lmao

....Neil

Old 11-27-2002, 10:23 AM   #18
HerpVenue
Gary,
I have a feeling i know who you are talking about...

but just to give me a further clue...anser for me a question.

Is Dealer A a company or a private individual?

Old 11-27-2002, 10:30 AM   #19
HerpVenue
by the way.
I have a friend who wanted to distribute for dealer A.
He was refused because dealer B did not want any competition in the area.

Anyway when I get to home to Arizona.....I was thinking of distributing for dealer A.
I guess I will have to think twice about that now. I was only gonna distribute for them because it would be easier to obtain their cages that way. Their only other distributor out west is all the way in California. (if we are even talking about the same people)

Old 11-27-2002, 10:59 AM   #20
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Well Neil.....

I'm still trying to decide if your making fun of me for using the grocery store analogy or not. (I suspect being a housewife AND interested in reptiles makes me a minority of the people with similiar interests) But either way, I like animal crackers too, but I like the frosted ones!! I also don't mind "Countin' flowers on the wall & Playin' solitaire till dawn with a deck of fifty-one" while walking fussy babies.......but I rather suspect I am in the minority there too.

Now, as a retailer....can you answer the question of whether or not it is legal for a retailer to change the price on a product for only one customer and not all of his/her customers? Or are you too busy "watchin' Captain Kangaroo."

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!