need help for my new baby - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 09-16-2005, 09:58 AM   #11
Tere Salazar
You're Doing a Great Job

I think you're doing a great job already. Some people don't even care enough to try to find out how to take care of the animal before they get it. I know all the information is confusing...but at least you're trying to weed through it.

I would be happy to instant message with you. I have MSN messenger. You're also welcome to email me any time. Gilbert is really close. There are at least a couple of other people on Fauna from Gilbert.

The coloration of your beardie will all depend on what "morph" it is. Where did you get him? If you got him from a reptile show or breeder, he will likely be of the colored variety. Petco and Petsmart usually carry what are called "normals". They will remain tan and brown. If you go to www.dachiu.com, there is a picture gallery that shows all the beautiful colors that beardies can be. There is also a section on that site that shows how to sex a bearded dragon, although he may still be too young.

The other dragons you saw were frilled dragons. They are also a lot of fun. I have four of them, and love them as much as beardies. They are a little different than beardies to care for, but are actually easier in my opinion. I have yet to have any of them mate. They are still just a little young, although they seem to think that they aren't!

Old 09-16-2005, 01:42 PM   #12
beardieaddict
Well we started feeding him about 10-15 crickets this am, and he went crazy it was soooo funny watching him try to catch them all in one swoop. He was sitting on top his lil tree top and just jumped down once we threw them in.....lol I think he got them all within 3 mins or less. I sprayed him with some water after just so he would have some .....now do we feed him again in the afternoon?? Same amount or less? We got ours from Petco but the manager told us since they have alot of orange and blue in them that they are going to morph...we have noticed he has more blue colors the last day or so then when we took him home on Sunday. If I could figure out how to put this picture up you could see him. LOL or her. His poop is sorta dark and whiteish ,, is that normal? not runny at all formed so i am thinking its ok but the color thing is new to me. He doesn't go very much or is he hiding it under the sand?????? I still am not sure what sex, its soo hard to tell i think because he is sooo young. I have yahoo and aol messenger, so if I ever figure out how to private post ya I will send it to ya. LOL

Old 09-16-2005, 02:35 PM   #13
beardieaddict
forgot to ask you when i order the crickets from the repi sight what size do i get?? they have the beginning as 1 inch i thnk i saw that....isn't tht too big????

Old 09-16-2005, 06:21 PM   #14
Tere Salazar
Sounds Great!

Yes, he should be fed crickets at least 3 times a day. His poop sounds perfectly normal. The white stuff is urates...completely normal.

If you want to post a picture, make your post, and before you click on "submit reply", scroll down a bit to attach files, click on "manage attachments" and look up the name of the pic on your computer. Just follow the instructions from there.

Oh, I forgot...the babies will color up quite a bit as they get older. I have very few beardies that were REALLY pretty as babies. The more they shed, the more thier color comes in.

As for what size crickets to order. Yes, 1 inch is way too big. Get a ruler and measure the distance between his eyes. That's what size cricket you want to get. I think for my babies about that age, I get them 3/8"...but you need to make sure his head is that size already.

Old 09-16-2005, 10:15 PM   #15
beardieaddict
thanks, i thought it was to big, i don't see any other sizes so i will have to keep using petco for now...he did something kinda scary today when we fed him the second time we gave him about 7 crickets he ate them all then about 15mins later he kinda bloated?? and flexed his beard area is this ok?? and do they do this alot?? it sooooo freaked me out, i didnt leave for like almost 2 hours because i got so worried..lol typical mother hehe thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!