Fedex problem - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #11
robyn@Pro Exotics
Shipping to a fake business does not address the contractual restriction.

The FedEx requirement is actually to ship only to Business ZONED address, which means even a residential based business does not qualify, the address actually has to be in a zoned business zone.

ShipYourReptiles has a specific allowance for Residential address shipments as well, both to and from. Along with Live Arrival Insurance, it is one of the added values that we bring to the process.

Whether you use the SYR service or your own certification, I encourage everyone to follow the rules specifically. Doing less than that, or pretending about "fake businesses" puts us all in jeopardy.

FedEx wants to serve a professional and responsible reptile industry, we should follow through on our side.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #12
BuyDubiaRoaches
Yes,would help that sales rep would be up front with you and tell you what can and can not and not just try to get your business $$$ all they saw with us..Jace BuyDubiaRoaches.com

Old 09-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #13
tenchu
I have shipped reptiles via fedex a long time and I didnt realize they dont ship person to person until fairly recent when I was just reading through the boards. I normally ship through usps since their cheaper but sometimes fedex or ups is cheaper for whatever reason. They never even asked me what I was shipping but many times they have dropped me off animals to my private residence with the box clearly marked reptiles... so is it that their employees dont know the rules or just dont care?

on a better note i never had a problem using them. now ups is another story.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #14
FireStorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchu View Post
I have shipped reptiles via fedex a long time and I didnt realize they dont ship person to person until fairly recent when I was just reading through the boards. I normally ship through usps since their cheaper but sometimes fedex or ups is cheaper for whatever reason. They never even asked me what I was shipping but many times they have dropped me off animals to my private residence with the box clearly marked reptiles... so is it that their employees dont know the rules or just dont care?

on a better note i never had a problem using them. now ups is another story.
For those of us shipping snakes, USPS is not an option as it is not permitted. I wouldn't use USPS anyway, as they do not guarantee that a package sent overnight will acutally arrive overnight. I've had (non live) packages sent priority (should be like 3 days according to USPS) take 5 weeks. If there is a delay, USPS will do nothing, where at least Fedex will tell you where it is and move it to somewhere climate controlled.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #15
tenchu
I have never had a issue with shipping usps over night they always gaurentee my package to be over night before 3pm which is not something i like thats when the extreme temps can take effect and they dont offer hold at the post office. I just received some day geckos from someone they shipped them from their home to my home with the box marked harmless live geckos and they left it in front of my door with out ever knocking or ringing the bell... this is always a issue because people here steal the packages.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!