FedEx....not a good morning. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 11-09-2005, 11:34 AM   #11
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
well, that sucks. (I forgot to ask about that part - oops)
Big time! I have had many heated arguements with Fedex over this. My fedex driver has also told me that I should never even consider overnight as guaranteed in my area regardless if the order status is showing the delivery as next day. According to him if I ever set a delivery up for 10:30am he could never ever meet that obligation to get it here on time...not when he doesnt even enter my area until noon. It was nice to find that out from him because the damn fedex office wont say anything of the sort.

Old 11-09-2005, 11:49 AM   #12
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Same thing here in Iowa, Chuck. Even the ones shipped guaranteed by 10:30 am usually arrive mid-afternoon.....so far, they've all at least made it on the right DAY though!!
Yep...as long as I get it by days end I'm a happy camper too. But it kind of sucks because most sellers will only guarantee a live arrival if no delivery exceptions occur, ie. "not responsible for carrier delays".

Knowing this problem is just not limited to PA, I now always call my fedex shipments in and speak directly to a fedex customer service rep to ensure the recipient is in a guaranteed overnight zone. It cost a little more to do it this way but at least I have a persons name so I can haunt them in the event of any problem.

What really blows my mind is that fedex and dhl both operate from virtually the same area and yet I get my packages right on time with dhl. It seems that it really boils down to the volume of packages your driver has to deliver and the size of the area he has to cover.

Old 11-09-2005, 11:57 AM   #13
critical bill
I have to tell you that tipping doesnt hurt either. Around the holidays I stuff a christmas card with a few bucks in it for my regular driver. Its worked for me. I used to have to chase my garbage can lids down the block on collecting day until I paid my sanitation guys off in beer. Now the lids are thrown in the pails. Just seems to be the way things work these day.

Old 11-09-2005, 04:14 PM   #14
JnSinverts
Wow 3 pages...I feel so honored...LOL

Anyway, animals got here at 11:30. I wouldn't have even known it if Joe hadn't gone out to pick up some animals. He comes back and is like "when did FedEx get here". Dunno. They did another drop off and run. They never knock, and it's not like it'll kill the buggers to come UP stairs to knock, or even drop off the box, but no, they use the bottom door (one I never use), and don't even knock. Worst of all is, they don't even drive up the driveway!!! They park down at the bottom, and walk (run?) up, drop off and are gone. It's a long drive, and up hill too! UPS does it, DHL does it, Post Office does it, but FedEx, NOPE, they walk up...ughh

Anyway, animals are here, and doing okay, some weren't what we thought, but they are alive.

Thanks!!!!

Old 11-09-2005, 05:45 PM   #15
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by JnSinverts
They did another drop off and run. They never knock, and it's not like it'll kill the buggers to come UP stairs to knock, or even drop off the box, but no, they use the bottom door (one I never use), and don't even knock. Worst of all is, they don't even drive up the driveway!!! They park down at the bottom, and walk (run?) up, drop off and are gone. It's a long drive, and up hill too! UPS does it, DHL does it, Post Office does it, but FedEx, NOPE, they walk up...ughh
UPS carries my boxes upside down or sideways, sometimes tossing them (lightly, of course) in the air as they walk...occasionally tossing them to the side of the door (esp when they are marked fragile). DHL - I'm not sure what they do, because they usually bring my stuff to somebody else's house and leave it outside (not even in my neighborhood, but a couple of towns over). Dealing only with snakes now - never get stuff USPS. FedEx is the only one I haven't had problems with, lol. It really is very case specific.

Quote:
some weren't what we thought
I really HATE that

Old 11-09-2005, 06:10 PM   #16
critical bill
Quote:
They never knock, and it's not like it'll kill the buggers to come UP stairs to knock,
Oh geesh...you said it right there. LOL. You want Fedex to walk up even the smallest flight of stairs? Theres a surcharge for that. Normally Fedex just fires my package across my deck and the bang at the screen door alerts me that I got a delivery. My deck has three steps and in five years my fedex drivers foot has never touched one of them.

Anyway...glad your package arrived!

Old 11-09-2005, 09:00 PM   #17
Karen Hulvey
Wow is all I can think. I'm glad your animals made it alive.

I guess I'm lucky because the UPS and FedEx drivers we have are great. I really like those guys. Never a problem in 5 years dealing w/them. And my recent package from DHL was delivered by a nice guy too, a couple of hours late but they said they don't guarantee 10:30 a.m. delivery in my area.

Old 11-09-2005, 10:01 PM   #18
Cat_72
Quote:
I have to tell you that tipping doesnt hurt either. Around the holidays I stuff a christmas card with a few bucks in it for my regular driver. Its worked for me.
That would be great, if I had the same driver more than a couple times in a row.

Quote:
UPS carries my boxes upside down or sideways, sometimes tossing them (lightly, of course) in the air as they walk...occasionally tossing them to the side of the door (esp when they are marked fragile).
I had one Fedex guy that would always carry the box up to the door with 2 fingers....one on the top of the box, and one on the bottom, SPINNING IT the whole way to the door. I wasn't sad to see him go.

Quote:
Anyway, animals are here, and doing okay, some weren't what we thought, but they are alive.
Glad to hear they made it at least!

Old 11-11-2005, 07:14 PM   #19
JnSinverts
Yup, everyone is here, and okie dokie.

I swear, never another package with FedEx....I caught the little bugger today though, not in time to yell at him, but in time to see him RUNNING to his truck at the end of the driveway!

Oh well...guess everyones area is different...we must have the jerks of the bunch!

Thanks ya'll!!!

Sheila

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!