Anyone else? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #11
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
This may not be the proper place to have a heated debate about those who flip and those who buy from them. Do I support them? Sure some of them. Some of them I hold more respect for them some breeders.

I (Bryon and I) breed our own animals, breed our feeders, and heck we even breed our own meal worms.

Personally, when I talk about "flippers" it's the catchy and completely ridiculous names given to a non morph animal that makes our industry look like a bunch of total retards.

I'm all for being able to sell off my excess babies, and will back any genetics that go with said animal, but call them what they are. That's my only beef about "some" of the flippers.

I hear you but both Breeders and Brokers do it. It is the honest people that should get support from the herpers. Do not label a whole group just becuase of a few. That was my point when talking to BT.

I still am a bit lost on what is upsetting John. he seems like a straight forward guy that loves what he does.

I hope it is worked out.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #12
shrap
The market needs flippers, there is no question about that.

But me personally, I would rather spend my hard earned money with a small/medium sized breeder. I like to reward/support the small/medium breeder. Support them for the time they have invested raising the animals, caring for the animals, the long nights cleaning cages just to get 3 hours sleep and then go to their day job for 8 hours, the love they obviously have for the animals, etc, etc.

I am that way towards any small business though. I am a strong believer in doing business and supporting small businesses. Even if it means spending a little more.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:51 PM   #13
dsirkle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O
I hear you but both Breeders and Brokers do it. It is the honest people that should get support from the herpers. Do not label a whole group just becuase of a few. That was my point when talking to BT.

I still am a bit lost on what is upsetting John. he seems like a straight forward guy that loves what he does.

I hope it is worked out.
I listened to the show and enjoyed it. My guess as to what John is upset about is that the name of Morph King was mentioned in a discussion about breeding A x B = ? Maybe I should keep my guess to myself but here it is.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:57 PM   #14
jasballs
Guys/Gals. This was all a little jashole humor nothing more! I know i'm not to funny lol.. I have no problems with BT. I love his animals and do not care where or when he gets them. This was just a little jab at the guy BT bought his awesome looking new snakes from. That guy Hates me (big f'n deal) But I still like f'n with him lol..
BT, You know I respect you bro!
Other guy that sold those champs to BT. Your killing it this year!! Keep it up Man! Congrats!!!

Old 08-08-2008, 07:05 PM   #15
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
The market needs flippers, there is no question about that.

But me personally, I would rather spend my hard earned money with a small/medium sized breeder. I like to reward/support the small/medium breeder. Support them for the time they have invested raising the animals, caring for the animals, the long nights cleaning cages just to get 3 hours sleep and then go to their day job for 8 hours, the love they obviously have for the animals, etc, etc.

I am that way towards any small business though. I am a strong believer in doing business and supporting small businesses. Even if it means spending a little more.
Bro..... I breed and Broker like I said. I am lucky to get 3 hours sleep. I put just as much time in as the next guy. 95% of the time I buy the animals off my friends. And they just do not like the selling end. I can see why but I love it. i love helping the new herper out. Or talking to the other breeders.

Thats the thing. When you goup them all together you are grouping a lot of breeders that breed and broker. And a lot of them are very fine hard working people.

jas.............................. Someone hate you? Come on....

Old 08-08-2008, 07:07 PM   #16
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsirkle
I listened to the show and enjoyed it. My guess as to what John is upset about is that the name of Morph King was mentioned in a discussion about breeding A x B = ? Maybe I should keep my guess to myself but here it is.

I am sorry I could not hold it in when kevin called a certain someone Uncle Fester..... LMMFAO... I could not stop laughing.
I know wrong of me but STILL

Old 08-08-2008, 07:17 PM   #17
dsirkle
Yes that was funny. And John's unique jaspective on things is often valuable.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #18
jasballs
Quote:
Thanks alot Man!

Old 08-08-2008, 07:52 PM   #19
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O
Bro..... I breed and Broker like I said. I am lucky to get 3 hours sleep. I put just as much time in as the next guy. 95% of the time I buy the animals off my friends. And they just do not like the selling end. I can see why but I love it. i love helping the new herper out. Or talking to the other breeders.

Thats the thing. When you goup them all together you are grouping a lot of breeders that breed and broker. And a lot of them are very fine hard working people.
I know what you are all about Gary and I have nothing but the utmost respect for you and what you do.

It is the "pure" flipper that dont even have an animal in their care that I am referring to and that I have no desire to do business with. But like I said, I dont dislike even the "pure" flippers. There is a much needed place for them in our hobby. Just for me personally, I would rather do business with people like you and other people who put in the time and work with the animals.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #20
shrap
Quote:
... and VERY refreshing!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!