Hamburg PA Show 2007 - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:22 PM   #11
hhmoore
Don't fret, Moo...I wasn't being critical. I was just lightheartedly making the point that having another person serve as one's voice of reason can be a good thing. Had it not been for MY voice of reason (you, Moo), I would likely have suffered some form of breakdown from the stress of battle:
I WANT
I SHOULDN'T
OMFG - LOOK AT THAT ONE
I CAN'T SPEND THAT MUCH MONEY
OOHHHHHHH <DROOLS>
PUT IT DOWN
I REALLY NEED THIS
LIKE ANOTHER HOLE IN YOUR HEAD
I'M BUYING THIS
LIKE YOU ARE
I'VE WANTED ONE OF THESE FOREVER
THEN YOU CAN WAIT A LITTLE LONGER

See, I already have these voices in my head (actually there are more, but I figured it would be too hard to keep track of - nevermind type- so for the sake of clarity & ease of reading, I omitted them from the storyline)

Old 12-03-2007, 05:28 PM   #12
hhmoore
Besides, don't you think it would be fun for both of us to stand on either side of Deb...
Buy it!! No, it's too much money. BUY IT!! YOU DON'T NEED IT BUY IT roflmao

We could take turns, switch back and forth, so she couldn't just try to block one of us out. Then, when we leave, we can have her buy us dinner again

Old 12-03-2007, 06:14 PM   #13
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Besides, don't you think it would be fun for both of us to stand on either side of Deb...
Buy it!! No, it's too much money. BUY IT!! YOU DON'T NEED IT BUY IT roflmao

We could take turns, switch back and forth, so she couldn't just try to block one of us out. Then, when we leave, we can have her buy us dinner again

That would be FUN!!!!!!

LMAO!! Deb what say ye?

Old 12-04-2007, 12:37 PM   #14
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
That would be FUN!!!!!!

LMAO!! Deb what say ye?
Y'all play off each other's words too good for me!! I am not in this class!

But if I buy a snake (or if y'all double team me and I buy as many as y'all encourage me to buy) then perhaps I will be lucky to have gas home?

Old 12-04-2007, 01:20 PM   #15
hhmoore
If you buy more snakes than I do at the next show we attend (we can debate how to factor quantity vs cost later), I'll buy dinner. Fair?

Old 12-04-2007, 01:22 PM   #16
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
If you buy more snakes than I do at the next show we attend (we can debate how to factor quantity vs cost later), I'll buy dinner. Fair?
or! even better! you guys can save your money for more snakes that i convince you to buy, and ILL buy dinner! hows that sound?

Old 12-04-2007, 02:10 PM   #17
deborahbroadus
Ummm Harald, you sound mighty eager...how do I know these vendors that you purchase from aren't going to be friends of yours..pretending to sell you snakes? While I go home with several hundreds of dollars worth of snakes..you'll keep your money in your pocket and thus be able to afford dinner, because I'll be broke

...and Moo, if Harald and I buy the snakes we want, what's in it for you?

Both of your ideas/suggestions actually sound like winning propositions to me! ...remembering what my mama taught me.."If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!"

Old 12-04-2007, 02:19 PM   #18
hhmoore
I do know a lot of vendors at White Plains and Hamburg...but that doesn't mean people give me stuff for free, lol. Besides, it would have to be something pretty darned good, at least in my eyes, to gain admission to this place come spring. I'm expecting to be focused on the (by then) current and upcoming babies. Then again, that could just pave the way for some interesting trades, lol...we'll have to consider how they might factor in, too.

Good thing I have til at least April to save my pennies.

Old 12-04-2007, 03:32 PM   #19
KelliH
It sounds like you guys had fun at the show! I was wondering, in the one photo of the Bush Viper, it looks like the snake is just in a regular deli cup sitting on a table like any other non venomous herp would be. Is it, or is it behind some sort of barrier (display case etc) that cannot be seen in the photo?

Old 12-04-2007, 04:09 PM   #20
hhmoore
There is a "venomous section", and all hots must be clearly labeled, and "secured" in some manner. In the case of deli containers, the tops are usually wound with electrical tape. From there, methods will vary from vendor to vendor. Some will just have them sitting on the table like any other herp, some have netting over them (so they can't be picked up from the aisle side, some have them under plexi/acrylic, etc. When purchasing hots, they must be left at the vendors table until the purchaser is leaving the show - in other words, it is not acceptable to roam the aisles carrying them (though that is somewhat of a requirement to pass from the table to the exit, lol).
That particular vendor had most of his hots under plexi (a basic wood box with a plexi cover), but I remember him having a few things in sterilites that were not. I honestly cannot remember if the bush vipers were covered...though I CAN remember where the table was, and where the various snakes were located at the table (he had things that I really wanted, lol, so I spent some time there. Too bad I live in NY...)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!