Gas prices and availability.... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:17 AM   #11
hhmoore
I would sell some of these baby snakes to buy gas...but I STILL haven't gotten my Certificate of Authority (enough on that subject, or I risk going very far ). Maybe by the time gas hits $4/gal.
Can you say FedEx price increase, boys and girls?

Old 09-02-2005, 09:25 AM   #12
Cat_72
Shhhhhhh!!! I've been pretending if I don't think about the FedEx price increase, it won't happen.

If (*when*) it does, it's all YOUR fault now Harald.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:26 AM   #13
InFocus
We are pretty close to the devastation here in Alabama. Gas and diesel shipments have been diverted from here to Mississippi and Louisiana where they need it worse than we do. We were averaging about $2.40 a gallon for gas on Monday. Now it is $3.00 a gallon, up .60 in two days. Reports we are getting say with multiple oil rigs in the gulf being damaged and/or destroyed and multiple refineries down across the gulf coast to expect gas prices to hover at $3.00+ a gallon for a month or so.

My family went to a local shelter yesterday to help serve dinner. Talked with people who now have nothing, no home, no job to go back to, nothing. I'll tell'ya, that helps to put life into perspective.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:34 AM   #14
Matt Haines
There have no shortages or restrictions here as of yet. However, I filled my tank up this morning and it was 3.34/gallon for regular. It cost me 43 dollars to fill up my little hyundai.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:41 AM   #15
Cat_72
Yeah, but don't those Hyundais get like 483 MPG??

I get 15MPG in my truck on a good day.....going downhill.....with a tailwind.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:44 AM   #16
Matt Haines
Not the way I drive!
It is a 14.5 gallon tank but I would have to say on a good day it might see 28 mpg if that.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:48 AM   #17
Cat_72
Hehehe, maybe that's part of the reason I get such crappy mileage in my truck....I've heard that if you keep your foot out of the carbeurator it gets better mileage....but I'll probably never know if that's actually true....

Old 09-02-2005, 09:58 AM   #18
DAND
We had a couple here stations here run out. That was after it went from $2.59 to $3.09 over night. I'm defininately not looking forward to filling my 30 gallon tank. I'll probably just put in a few gallons (almost said bucks) and hope it'll drop some. Looks like the road trips will have to wait.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:07 AM   #19
hhmoore
I hate to say it, but my estimates for filling my vehicles may have been a bit low - guess I'll have to fill them sooner to keep at that price

Old 09-02-2005, 10:22 AM   #20
WebSlave
Well, I guess all I can do is to check in with AAA a day before we need to be packing for the MARS show and see what they say about gas availability from Tallahassee to Maryland. Then decide then whether or not to make the trip. I figure if gasoline will be around $4.00 per gallon then, the trip for fuel alone in the van will cost us about $400. Ouch...... Probably best that I not think too much about the actual expenses involved in doing a show, however.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!