Why can't people have their own opinions? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:11 PM   #11
Miss Tuniwha
I agree Cat, and I know others do agree with me.. girls do tend to gossip. ha ha ha..

Old 03-24-2008, 04:46 PM   #12
Mooing Tricycle
Id say, if you get the chance, joke about it.

Say, Well sheesh there ... "becky" Its nice of you to call things gay, but i cant say Jesus!

Thats something i do all the time, and while its more passive agressive, it helps to get the point across in a non confrontational way. If she asks you further, just be honest, if she likes you to start, theres no reason she wont like you for being true, afterwards.

if she dosnt like it and gets cranky and stops talking to you, well, that just goes to show her immaturity.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:03 PM   #13
Miss Tuniwha
actually Alicia, I do that whenever she says it, and she says.. "I know, I know, I am working on it" and NOT in a snotty way. lol

so.. I dunno

Old 03-24-2008, 06:06 PM   #14
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha
actually Alicia, I do that whenever she says it, and she says.. "I know, I know, I am working on it" and NOT in a snotty way. lol

so.. I dunno

LOL well at least youve said something

if she really is working on it, i say, let her be. and every time she says something, just keep joking! Now you say " but i thought you were working on it! hehe"
*hugs* you know youre loved for who you are here!!

Old 03-24-2008, 06:12 PM   #15
Miss Tuniwha
thats kinda where I am at Alicia.. ^_^

Old 03-25-2008, 10:03 PM   #16
Junkyard
You know, I find the female body to be very attractive also.

Religion is very personal to people. It is hard for some to understand that another person may even doubt that there is a God. To them, God is the only one who will ever truly listen, understand, and care about them. They find so much joy and happiness that they want to share with everyone. I do not know this person in particular, but many do not mean to push religion on others, nor do they understand when they are pushing it. To them, talking about God is so natural that it is second nature to them. For those who see it as pushing, they may not understand what that person finds so enjoyable and why they are "pushy".

Maybe you two can have a little bit of fun, you find a word to replace "God" and have her find a word to replace "Gay". Call each other on it, or even make a bet for the other to buy lunch if they do not use the substitute word.

Your preferences are just as important to you as her preferences are to her. It was doing little things like this that is the reason my best friend is my best friend. We saw an irritation between each other and we found a way to have fun instead of fighting. It was over religion too. After 15 years, we now joke over how petty we were and the respect we give each other is amazing. Good luck!

Old 03-25-2008, 10:47 PM   #17
kellysballs
I agree with most of the people who have posted. Let the lady know that while she finds certain things you say offensive, you in turn feel the same way about things she says.

I am a christian but I don't witness at work unless it is solicited. I also try really hard not to judge people because it is not my place to do so. I try to live my life to the best of my abilities.

She may be concerned about you and her way of showing it is by "pushing her religion" onto you. But if she really is as nice as you say she should not have a problem adjusting her behavior to be less offensive.

Good Luck!!!

Old 03-26-2008, 12:20 PM   #18
Miss Tuniwha
thanks for listening all ^_^

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!