New house in Al~ offer was accepted!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 09-16-2007, 05:09 PM   #11
Mooing Tricycle
WOOHOOO!!!!!!!! I cant WAIT to see inside pics of everything set up!! you WILL show us a couple sneak peeks right!? <3

Old 09-16-2007, 05:14 PM   #12
Lucille
Congratulations on the nice new house, welcome to the South
Are you gonna tell the neighbors that the detached garage is earmarked for rats?

Old 09-16-2007, 05:27 PM   #13
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
sneak peak pics? How exactly am I to do that? With no camera and no PC? You'll just have to wait Moo~ Sorry!

Tell the neighbors? NO WAY! LOL! I'm actually gonna start them in the attached back garage though. I looked at the detached garage....turns out it's a shed. Plenty big....and looks perfect....except it has no power (easy fix) and it's on Blocks.....set on where there is obviously run off from the rest of the property....and looks to be like it might just go...and go and go till it hits the woods if we get a heavy rain! Of course....I don't know ANYTHING about how it's SUPPOSED to set on those blocks....so I think I'll just watch it for a while....and if it stays put....then I'll use it!

I have SO MUCH to learn. I don't know if that shed is safe the way it is.....I'm sure I could move it....but I don't know if I could make it safer....I'll be taking pics and asking for everyones help with that once I get the PC set up.

I've also got a LOT of wooded area. Not sure how to go about clearing it and making it usefull. I'll be taking pics of that and asking for help too.

I've also got a pond. It looks kind of crappy compared to the neighbors pond. I'm hoping the neighbor will be nice enough to explain how to take care of that for me!

So much work! I'm SO EXCITED!!!! The rest of the family is napping now....and I probably should be too (SO MUCH work to do starting tomorrow!) But I am just wide awake! (and itching....there sure are a lot of bugs that bite here!)

Old 09-16-2007, 06:01 PM   #14
LadyOhh
Cheryl,

I'm glad you made it safe! I miss you already!!!

More pics soon, of course. Settle in and take a breath!

Old 09-16-2007, 08:22 PM   #15
Laura Fopiano
Talking

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Welcome home honey!

Why am I laughing? Simple, I too am a transplant from Southern California and I have learned more about things that I never thought I would ever need to know. Like septic tanks, wells, well pumps breaking, hot summer days, no, let me rephrase that, HOT SUMMER DAYS, with no breeze or chance of any cooling down. I was stunned when watching the 11 pm news and it was still 89 degrees with a heat index of 94. Brush hogs, riding lawn mowers, logging trucks, chicken trucks, and the language is rather interesting. Most folks do not have fencing so expect a random dog or two.

That being said, the smell in the morning is amazing, earth, trees, ferns, and plants of all kinds. The stars, I feel that I can look right into the heavens and see everything. The silence of the city and sounds of frogs and other night creatures. Sweat tea (I think it's yucky but Bry and most southerners love it) sweet potato pie, black eyed peas, grits (i have developed a love for grits) road side fruit stands, random road side yard sales. Shacks and wonderfull old barns that in Cali would be an eye sore and quickly torn down, dot the country side here, giving it an ever more rich and true history of our country. And the struggles that our for fathers have been through.

The south has become the best education that i never thought I wanted to have. I love it here and call it my home. It will take some adjustments Cheryl, I've been here since 2/3/07 and have still so much to learn and experience. I look forward to each new experience and laugh a lot at the silly things that I see along the way.

There is a sense of pride here that I have never seen before. There is so much history and civil war places to see. Oh, and grave yards every where. I could go on and on, but you will need to share your experiences with the rest of us as I have shared some of mine.

Enjoy the journey and Welcome home my friend.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:50 PM   #16
Ginger Ambrose
Congratulations and Welcome Cheryl ! The "south" is an amazing place. Each and every
little town has its own culture and accent LOL.
As an insurance agent I take calls from several towns surrounding my office, I can actually tell where someone lives by the accent. These towns are all within a 50 mile radius.
So there is something new everyday. Life is Good even when things are not so good.
Ya'll pull up a chair on the front porch and bring a flyflap to kill the flying critters, get yourselves a big glass of Sweet Tea and you are half way to being truly Southern.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:33 AM   #17
Junkyard
Okay, I need to sell this little place and buy out east, California is costing me way too much to live here.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:09 PM   #18
BryonsBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
Okay, I need to sell this little place and buy out east, California is costing me way too much to live here.
Damn right you do. Someplace close so you don't have to drive so far to visit.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:27 PM   #19
ladyserpent7
hey cheryl...you know what else you can have that you cant here in cali.....a pet skunk...i hear theyr great pets to have!! congrats on the house..its beautiful..

Old 09-29-2007, 08:09 PM   #20
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I'm here and back online~ and now I have some pics!
Lots of pics so I'm just gonna put up the smaller thumbnails~ lets see~
these are the house.
the front

the back

some of my pasture (there is about 15 acre of pasture)

and the my woods~ there is a something less than 9 acre of woods (how do I clear it for more pasture?)

Scott and Will trying to mow a LOT of lawn!

the shed I'd like to make into a mouse house~ until I have it ready the mice will go in the back garage

The reason I'm afraid to use the shed NOW~ isnt it supposed to sit fully on those blocks? And should it be right were the run off rain from the house obviously drains?

My dog enjoying the new yard (I want to get underground fence up so she can roam some without worrying about her harrassing the neighbors cows or goats)

TWO of the THREE cats that came with the property. They are very friendly......but I brought two cats with me. These three put me at 5 cats~ I'm afraid that may qualify me as the "Cat lady" I never wanted to be. They are two females and one male.......so if I don't pay to have them fixed in short order I"ll REALLY be the cat lady. (WHO leaves what are obviously tame pet cats when they move? Apparently the people who used to own this house!)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!