Phone Service- Landline- Magic Jack - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:49 PM   #11
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
I purchased it. After you buy it they offer another five years for an additional 49.99 if you upgrade your order right then. It would only make the order $100 for six years of phone service but I want to see how it works first. So, I declined the upgrade.
Interesting. I think that I'd have to see some good results before I would sign up for that duration.

Did you order it online, or buy it at a store?

I'm curious to see what kind of results you get...

Old 03-18-2008, 08:50 PM   #12
Dennis Hultman
I ordered it off the site.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:19 PM   #13
Dennis Hultman
They notified me that it was shipped today. I should have it by Monday or Tuesday.
I'll let you know how it works then.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:23 PM   #14
Dennis Hultman
I received it yesterday. I had a few bugs to work out last night but it seems to be working well this morning.

When I received it yesterday and went to use it, it wouldn't let me register until after 10 PM. After set-up and picking my number, I couldn't receive calls until this morning but could make them. Last night, I kept receiving a message when I called my number that the call couldn't be completed at this time. Seems to be working just fine now.

There is a very small delay when speaking. I would liken it to satellite.

When picking your number, you select area code and then they give you the cities and first three prefix numbers to choose from. The last four numbers are automatically selected. It seems I can change the whole number to another if I want.

One other draw back was the nearest city prefix for me to choose from was an hour away. So, it would be a toll call for my neighbor to phone me. Of course, I can call anywhere in the USA for free.

It has onscreen caller ID, voice mail, and call forwarding. You can either dial from the computer or phone. So you don't have to attach a phone to the jack. You can use a headset and your computer if you wish but you still need the jack plugged into the USB port. If you have a phone with a message machine you can continue to use the message machine you have instead of the voicemail that comes with it.

One other drawback was the nearest city prefix for me to choose from was an hour away. So, it would be a toll call for my neighbor to phone me. Of course, I can call anywhere in the USA for free.

It has onscreen caller ID, voice mail and call forwarding. You can either dial from the computer or phone. So you don't have to attach a phone to the jack. You can use a headset and your computer if you wish but you still need the jack plugged into the USB port. If you have a phone with a message machine you can continue to use the message machine you have instead of the voicemail that comes with it.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:43 PM   #15
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
There is a very small delay when speaking.
Seems there is no delay today. Everything seems to running just like I was on a traditional landline.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:37 PM   #16
Dr Owens
Thanks for the update, Dennis!

I might have to give this a try. I'm paying $30 a month (which is actually pretty cheap) for a phone line that I very rarely use.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #17
ms_ramie22
So how's your magic jack working? Still good? I have one on the way!!

Old 04-02-2008, 12:00 AM   #18
Dennis Hultman
Seems to be working fine. I haven't really used it that much simply because nobody has that number yet and I'm usually on the cell phone.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:24 AM   #19
WebSlave
Aw, what the heck. I went and ordered one of these things. I'm a gadget junkie anyway..........

Old 04-05-2008, 11:51 AM   #20
ms_ramie22
Just got mine!! I'll let ya know how it works for me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!