Alpine - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-17-2008, 09:55 AM   #11
Boa4u
By the way.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
Alex, did they slug out? Or did you not produce any albino's at all?

We hit gold this year. Bryon bought 2.2 pos 66% bloods from Tom Burke and raised them for 4 years. We bred them last year and she threw 13 slugs. This year he paired the same 2 and got 2 stills, 3 pos. hets and a visual!
Laura and Bryon, congrats on the blood boa!! I know I was thrilled to see some possible hets prove out, as you all must have been.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:38 AM   #12
AbsoluteApril
Aurora's daughter is gorgeous! So much color and I love her circle back pattern. I'm pretty happy Alpine kept some color, the mom is pretty much just a big banana snake (as you can see in those pics lol)... I'm going to try Alpine with my high-pink normal and hope to make some colorful hets. I think a lot of people don't post pics of adult albinos because they lose so much color... I hardly see pics of adult albinos, snows or even sunglows (unless the glows are still very colorful). I figure the big yellow snake outcome isn't the best for baby sales or something. Personally, I like the deep soft yellows that they get.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:59 PM   #13
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by April Yohn
Aurora's daughter is gorgeous! So much color and I love her circle back pattern. I'm pretty happy Alpine kept some color, the mom is pretty much just a big banana snake (as you can see in those pics lol)... I'm going to try Alpine with my high-pink normal and hope to make some colorful hets. I think a lot of people don't post pics of adult albinos because they lose so much color... I hardly see pics of adult albinos, snows or even sunglows (unless the glows are still very colorful). I figure the big yellow snake outcome isn't the best for baby sales or something. Personally, I like the deep soft yellows that they get.
Thank You! I call her Lady Morrigana, after the Celtic Goddess of War. She was the only one of the litter that bit me at birth or since. And I mean, AT BIRTH, minutes out of her sac. And a couple of few times since. Just like her mom was when young, anything moving is food. LOL She's all calm as can be now. She'll be 3 in April.
And why not show off a big ol' yellow banana Albino. I show off all my critters, just like the children they are. Seems sorta natural after putting all the effort into raising them. Different strokes i guess.

I think Alpine would go nice with a high pink normal. Keep all the best Hets after a couple sheds of course, and put a females back to dad when the time comes, maybe a nice high colored het that ain't related to the males. You'll probably get some nice colorful albinos.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #14
crotalusadamanteus
BTW, it still amazes me. I do nothing to my Boas, and it seems to work. Health and maturity is all it takes.

Well, getting them together to do what nature programmed them to do, helps. I think.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:56 AM   #15
BryonsBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
BTW, it still amazes me. I do nothing to my Boas, and it seems to work. Health and maturity is all it takes.

Well, getting them together to do what nature programmed them to do, helps. I think.
Tried that. Got squat.

Quote:
Laura and Bryon, congrats on the blood boa!! I know I was thrilled to see some possible hets prove out, as you all must have been.
Thanks. I almost fell down the steps trying to close the snake building door when I found her.

Congrats on your list wantables as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
boa, kahl strain albino