First Record Album? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:00 PM   #11
Shadera
I was pretty young, so my first - I remember it clearly - was Donald Duck's Disco Duck.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:17 PM   #12
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
I was pretty young, so my first - I remember it clearly - was Donald Duck's Disco Duck.
Wow, I TOTALLY remember this song. I also had the Mickey record of Fantasia too... The ORGINAL one...

Old 05-10-2010, 05:29 PM   #13
TheFragginDragon
It had to be "Heaven Tonight" by Cheap Trick

The song 'Stiff Competition' sticks out in my mind.....good times...good times....

Old 05-10-2010, 06:54 PM   #14
AbsoluteApril
do you mean first album I bought myself or first album I had? Because I first listened to all my mom's 45s and she bought me 45s from Seasame Street. First LP I bought is a tough one, it's one of these 3: Soundtrack to Breakin 2 Electric Boogaloo, Soundtrack to Transformers the Movie, or Cyndi Lauper She's so Unusual. Although I also have the Chipmunks Greatest Hits, that might have been before C. Lauper. lol Shoot, I'm going to have to go dig them up and check the years...

I love my records and tapes and CDs, I just don't get all this burned music, I mean, I do, but I love having liner notes, lyrics, pictures and the physical disc.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #15
tinmantribe5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
do you mean first album I bought myself or first album I had? Because I first listened to all my mom's 45s and she bought me 45s from Seasame Street. First LP I bought is a tough one, it's one of these 3: Soundtrack to Breakin 2 Electric Boogaloo, Soundtrack to Transformers the Movie, or Cyndi Lauper She's so Unusual. Although I also have the Chipmunks Greatest Hits, that might have been before C. Lauper. lol Shoot, I'm going to have to go dig them up and check the years...

I love my records and tapes and CDs, I just don't get all this burned music, I mean, I do, but I love having liner notes, lyrics, pictures and the physical disc.
Either or its just nice to think back to when you were young and what kinda music Influenzed us!

Old 05-14-2010, 03:46 PM   #16
Dawn Zimmerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post

My first tape was a tie since I got them both for christmas... they were

Weird Al Yankovic - Fat
DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper
My sister got me that Fresh Prince tape for Christmas when it came out. lol

We had a bunch of childrens records like Shirley Temple songs before I was in kindergarten. My mom also got us the Nutcracker "soundtrack". The first record I picked out was "She's So Unusual" by Cyndi Lauper.

I didn't really hear much funk music until I was in high school and found it on the radio late at night on some retro show. I do remember my best friend's mom teaching us how to dance to "Funky Town" when we were in grade school! My Dad had days worth of 50's and 60's music he used to play all the time so I heard a lot of that stuff.

Hey, did anybody's parents ever get you that Captain (Zoom?) wobbly plastic record that played him singing some corny space version of Happy Birthday with your name in it? lol

Old 05-20-2010, 01:46 AM   #17
zzzdanz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
My first vinyl was.......

AC/DC
Highway To Hell (1979)
Highway To Hell

Living easy, living free
Season ticket on a one-way ride
Asking nothing, leave me be
Taking everything in my stride
Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
Ain't nothing I would rather do
Going down, party time
My friends are gonna be there too

I'm on the highway to hell

No stop signs, speed limit
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Nobody's gonna mess me round
Hey Satan, payin' my dues
Playing in a rocking band
Hey Momma, look at me
I'm on my way to the promised land

(Don't stop me)

And I'm going down, all the way down
This was my wedding song..no joke.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:58 AM   #18
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzdanz View Post
This was my wedding song..no joke.
And seeing you haven't posted your divorce song I'm guessing you're still going strong.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:34 AM   #19
zzzdanz
yeah, but it's a long highway man.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #20
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzdanz View Post
yeah, but it's a long highway man.

There will always be bumps in the road no matter how well maintained. And no matter how many you swerve to avoid you're bound to hit one or two. Spin outs and rollovers are best to avoid but sometimes you will crash and burn. Sometimes taking a different road is the best course to get to your destination.

This coming from a guy who has had a number of trips.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!