CYA!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:37 AM   #11
Focal
Yeah thanks Kevin! Very helpful advice. It seems like some people sell their collection and split
It's nice of you to pass some info on!

Old 03-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #12
jabroni
Thank you. If i start selling its good advice. To add to the phone conversation recording. Just say that the phone conversation is being recorded for
"Quality Insurance" then all is good in any state, and can be used in a court of law.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #13
Dragonscalestudios
Be careful with using "for quality assurance" as that doesn't always hold up in California. A simple, "This call is being recorded" will suffice. The bonus is, it gives them the option to hang-up, potentially saving you a headache.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #14
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
Yeah thanks Kevin! Very helpful advice. It seems like some people sell their collection and split
It's nice of you to pass some info on!
For me... reptiles was more than a hobby... it was an addiction. I haven't gotten over the addiction yet.... so Im still around

Old 03-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #15
Dragonscalestudios
Is it really an addiction you can "get over" though?

Sounds like a lifer to me.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #16
Southern Wolf
Im working on getting over it... it's just gonna take time. Must be some addictive substance that they put in snake crap

Old 03-19-2011, 05:24 PM   #17
jabroni
you will kick it, but it will all ways be there watching, waiting for you to be weak. i have the same problem. "for quality assurance" ahhahah true i was trying to sound professional. guess not.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:35 PM   #18
cemerton
Kevin, this is a great thread.

I like what Nick said:
Quote:
Treat every situation like you are gonna end up in a bad guy thread. Be polite no matter how ignorant a buyer is...
I can think of at least one recent BOI thread where someone probably would have gone through less trouble had he just stuck to the advice you offer here about staying friendly.

I will keep following this thread to see more practical tips people are willing to offer.

And Kevin, I like the title you picked for the thread. It grabbed my attention immediately. It screams PRACTICAL INFO…and that’s what a lot of people want/need.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:22 AM   #19
SpitZu
Thanks for this thread. I had video rolling when I discovered a DOA earlier this week (only the 2nd time I've had a snake shipped to me). The seller was reputable so I didn't expect that I'd need it, but I sure felt a whole let better about my position when I contacted him.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:29 AM   #20
Tiger Lilly
Great tips! I particularly like the one about video taping while you're opening the pkg.
Awesome idea; thanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!