Badgering a seller - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:15 PM   #11
LauraB
If I ain't got the cash, I don't bother anyone to negotiate. If you ain't got the cash, don't bother me to negotiate. I know what's fair and realistic ... in buying and selling.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:25 PM   #12
Sushi Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
The sad part is that they can, and do. Too many people don't grasp the concepts, all they see is the price tag.

EXACTLY! I try to find out where "buyers" are coming from when they balk at my prices or make an offer so low I think it's a typo. And it usually comes down to a lack of understanding that different morphs (and degrees of saturation, blushing, etc) command different prices.

But seriously, if I hear one more "I could get it cheaper at Pet**" I will lose my mind. But my favorite is people who offer me a quarter of my asking price and expect me to be grateful.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:49 PM   #13
matt b
Makes it even worse when they try to low ball you and then expect shipping to be included in their already ridiculous offer

Old 03-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #14
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Dragons View Post
But my favorite is people who offer me a quarter of my asking price and expect me to be grateful.

They're the WORST, because in many cases, they're flippers, and they've already got a new home for your animal at 10 times the price they paid you!

Old 03-20-2011, 09:34 AM   #15
jabroni
Just glad you post this information. Not going to be in the game for at least 3 years but am learning and realizing what i have to deal with. Thank's

Old 03-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #16
SamanthaJane13
In many cases. the flippers have no idea of proper herp husbandry, and don't quarantine to observe signs of stress or disease before sending the animals on to the new owners, who pay through the nose for these poor animals!

Many times, the animal comes into the flipper's hands, and leave for the new owner the SAME DAY.

They're just the middle-men, and are only in it for the money.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:04 PM   #17
LauraB
Quote:
Not going to be in the game for at least 3 years but am learning and realizing what i have to deal with
Excellent ... and it's not just learning what you have to deal with, but how to deal with it and how to maintain a good name Ethics, honesty and truly caring about the animals first is paramount! Best of luck to you.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #18
Balls Deep Reptiles
I love the people that make me a offer of half my price and say "I will take it off your hands" Like their doing me a favor? Or the people that think because you produced the animal that you have nothing into it! Are you kidding me? I had to pay for the parents, food, racks, bedding, paper towels, added cost of electric and the list goes on! Some people have no sense. And the people that make the low ball offers on your thread! If I'm gonna drop my price to make a sale I'm gonna do it behind closed doors. That's how the market gets crashed! Man I could go on all day on this topic?

Old 03-27-2011, 01:58 AM   #19
Tiger Lilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
when someone told me they could get it cheaper elsewhere my normal response was "then go buy theirs" I dont have a problem discussing price but if you're gonna toss that card on the table then you're not going to like the outcome. Just like if someone gives me an ultimatum... it will bite you in the butt.
I'm with ya there. Throwing out a phrase like that will flip a switch in my attitude toward someone in a heartbeat. If they really can get it cheaper, why are you wasting MY time?!

Old 04-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #20
Millinex
I've been selling a lot of snakes locally, and had tons of people text me and say they can get them cheaper, so I say fine, go do it. I also have people lowball me, and I just ignore them 100%. If someone isn't willing to make a decent offer or buy the animal at your price, ignore them, don't let them get to you, lots of retards in this world.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!