Completely normal food that you just can't stand... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #11
WebSlave
I think I am the only one in the universe that doesn't like pizza.

Probably because of the cheeze. Sorry, but I just can't get beyond the fact that cheese is rancid milk and fungus.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:09 PM   #12
Focal
Owp, yep, I knew there had to be something. I like the taste of milk but being lactose intolerant, I can't stand what it does to my body Not to mention, it's breast milk from a chemically induced animal.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #13
rcarichter
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post

Having to sit at the table till I finished my food, made me so aware of how ABUSIVE that treatment is. lol Never made my kids sit till they finished and I did put enough stuff on their plates morning, noon and night so that they had a variety. I only had one rule. Everything had to be tasted at least once and I didn't care how much they tasted...they could just put their tongues to the food if that's how bad they hated it. But they had to taste.
Amen! That's exactly how I raised mine. I also had a rule that, if we had a dinner I knew for sure they liked, they couldn't skip it and eat potato chips 20 minutes later.
My mom knew I couldn't eat mashed potatoes, so she always put a small baked potato in for me. A small act that I never forgot. I do the same for my kids if we have a side they don't like.

Noelle

Old 12-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #14
~Just Curious~
I never had anything against cheese before, but you guys are putting me off it simply by describing the stuff accurately. LOL when you put it like that...

Old 12-30-2011, 01:03 PM   #15
garweft
I forgot 1 thing that I can't stand....

Icing

It's just way to sweet and ruins a good cake. When I was younger I didn't like cake at all and would get either donuts or pie for my birthday (cake was around for others). I later found out it was the buttercreme icing from the stores I couldn't stand. I now eat cake either plain, or with less sweet icing like the whipped kind, or some homemade ones.... but for the most part I just scrape off all the icing I can.

When I was younger I didn't like mashed potatoes, but I have come around a little. There is no way I could sit and just eat a plate of mashed potatoes, but I'll take a scoop with turkey, chicken, meatloaf, or any other food I can dip in it. I found that dipping the right food in mashed potatoes makes it edible.... I do like potatoes just about any other way.

One of the reasons I don't care for mashed potatoes is it seems everyone likes to use an electric mixer and beat the hell out of them to get rid of any lumps. All that does is turn the flavor and make them gooey because of how the starch in the potato reacts to over whipping. Make them with a regular potato masher and I'm all over them. The texture should still be potato like, not like thick pudding.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:10 PM   #16
AbsoluteApril
what I don't like: mostly everything

I am very picky, it always ends up being the topic of conversation when going out to eat in a group (much to my chagrin...). I wish I could eat anything.

Main things I won't touch:
seafood
majority of veggies/all mushrooms
condiments/salad dressing/sauce
etc...

I do, however, enjoy cheese and icing (but not together)

edit to add - never grew out of my childhood habits; my mom once told me I was so picky as a baby all I would eat for 2 months was bananas

Old 12-30-2011, 03:01 PM   #17
RobNJ
Good stuff everyone!

Autumn, the only "gravy" I recall enjoying was a sausage gravy with biscuits. Growing up, my substitute of choice for gravy was ketchup...on mashed potatoes, turkey, meatloaf, etc...

I am with those who love raw tomatoes...amazing stuff. I enjoy raw onions, but really don't like them cooked.

I also HATE oatmeal.

And Nick, I have eaten rodents before(guinea pig), and it was pretty good...so should you ever feel the need to feed on your feeders, you should be alright.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #18
garweft
Thanks for reminding me about mushrooms......

The only way I have ever been able to eat them is if they are on pizza and I didn't know about it till it's too late.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:01 PM   #19
Ozymandias
fish, cant stand it wish i did like it because it would make my life so much easier.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:53 AM   #20
~Just Curious~
Ketchup was always my condiment of choice too, I put it on everything. I've offended many a chef by drowning some finely prepared dish in the stuff.

But I'd need a whole pool of it to consider a guinea pig.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!