Concealed Weapons Ban- should it be lifted or no? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-29-2004, 11:24 AM   #11
MThorn
Concealed Weapons

Quote:
Would you carry a concealed weapon?
Don't leave home without it!

Clay summed it up very well. But if I may add, "An armed society is a polite society!"

--Michael-

Old 01-29-2004, 06:14 PM   #12
Copperheadman
Well said Clay and Ken.I hold a valid CCW lic. for AR.I think the only surrounding state that we don't have a recipicol agreement with is Missouri.I am a former Law Enforement officer and I agree that it's reallt much knowing that they have a "legal" weapon in the vehicle,rather that a stolen sawed off 12 ga. hidden in the floorboard.

Old 01-29-2004, 06:15 PM   #13
Copperheadman
WOW my typing sucks tonight!! Meant to say " really much better knowing"

Old 01-29-2004, 06:19 PM   #14
Darin Chappell
Glen,

We're trying to get CCW law passed here in MO too! Hopefully, it won't be too much longer . . .

Old 01-29-2004, 09:04 PM   #15
Copperheadman
Yeah,I have been watching the progress on the news whenever it comes around.Almost had it this last time didn't ya'll? Hope ya get it.BTW May be headed to Springfield this weekend,maybe I can holler at ya.

Old 02-12-2004, 02:49 AM   #16
WebSlave
Kind of late coming into this discussion, but I sure hate to miss ANY discussion about guns!

There is another aspect about CCW permits that has not been addressed here. Any locality that has a specific law against a concealed weapon gives one additional advantage to the bad guys. Not only do they have a better chance of taking on a victim who is probably not carrying a weapon, but with the chance of the victim being further victimized by the legal system if they do resist an attacker with a firearm, the victim is in a damned if they do, and damned if they don't situation. Is the bad guy going to take more money and valuables then the victim would have to spend on an attorney defending themselves in court against an illegal CCW charge? In most cases, probably not. Further, if the charge is a felony, they would LOST their right to own a firearm, if convicted, simply because they had a gun on them and used it to defend themselves.

Quite frankly, laws against legal CCW give the criminals the upper hand in many more ways than one. So much so that laws against CCW are criminal acts against society and law and order in themselves.

Sure if your life is in the balance, no contest, to heck with what the law is. But with a simple robbery, you would be better off just throwing your wallet to the bad guy rather than pulling a gun and run the chance of being seen with it. Even if you do pull a gun, you certainly cannot hold the criminal and call the police, and they will know it. Nor are you likely to shoot them. So no real loss for them, except they go away empty handed this time. They just walk away and try someone else another day.

Old 02-12-2004, 10:18 AM   #17
Darin Chappell
"BTW May be headed to Springfield this weekend,maybe I can holler at ya."

Glen,

I didn't read that until this morning...lol! Sorry, if you thought I was snubbing your suggestion. Give me a holler any time you're up this way!

Old 02-14-2004, 12:50 PM   #18
irishsnakes
missouri con/ carry

twice it was voted down by the people so now the"state legislation for hire" has passed it as law. fortunately it was "shot down" by a st. louis judge. now waiting on a supreme court decision.

Old 02-14-2004, 02:16 PM   #19
Ken Harbart
Re: missouri con/ carry

Quote:
Originally posted by irishsnakes
twice it was voted down by the people so now the"state legislation for hire" has passed it as law. fortunately it was "shot down" by a st. louis judge. now waiting on a supreme court decision.
Rather, that should read...
The measure to allow Missourians to lawfully defend themselves was twice voted down by gullible sheep, who were suckered by the lies and misdirection of "gun control."

The legislature, acting in defense of the Constitution of the United States of America, and in the best interest of its citizens, removed Missouri from the ever-shortening list of states who empower criminals while depriving their own residents of the right to lawful self defense.

A temporary restraining order was issued by an activist judge who reinterpreted the plain text of the state constitution to suit his own agenda.

A MOSC decision, which is expected to uphold the new law, is expected shortly. The case of the criminal empowerment supporters is weak, at best.

Old 02-14-2004, 02:23 PM   #20
irishsnakes
yea! that's what i mean't to say. but you know how silly we uninformed sheep are. good thing we have you NRA types to protect us from ourselves.LOL!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!