Give it 30 minutes of your time - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 08-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #12
KORBIN5895
Thanks for the link Lucille!

Old 08-22-2012, 11:03 AM   #13
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Seriously, what sort of problem is this designed to FIX that can be worth this kind of RISK to the population?
From what I gathered with my short attention span, they're trying to cool the earth and stop "global warming". Why the hell are we trying to stop something that's been a cyclical part of our planet's history for millions of years? Nothing but bad can come from mucking with nature on that scale.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #14
Metachrosis
Geoengineering technologies fall into three categories: Weather Modification, Solar Radiation Management, and Carbon Dioxide Removal and Sequestration; each is already under intensive research, computer modeling and experimentation.
The first category, Weather Modification -- generally covering "chemical cloud seeding" and "storm modification" (the redirecting of hurricanes) -- is, conceptually, the mother of all geoengineering technologies, already practiced at significant scale in the U.S. and China. In the words of the ETC Group report , such techniques demonstrate "a classic 'end-of-pipe' response that addresses neither the causes nor the mechanism of climate change, but seeks only to alter its outcomes."
The second set of methods is found even more literally at the end of the pipe: Carbon Dioxide Removal and Sequestration technologies attempt to remove CO2 from the atmosphere after it has been released. This is done either by mechanical means, through "carbon-sucking machines" (part of the arsenal deployed to put the "clean" in the dubious notion of "clean coal"), by modifying chemical cycles through "Ocean Fertilization" (introducing volumes of iron or nitrogen to the ocean) and "Crop Residue Ocean Permanent Sequestration" (dumping massive amounts of biomass into the sea), or by creating new carbon sinks through manipulation of species (GE algae) and ecosystems (burning biomass through pyrolysis and burying the resulting carbon, popularly promoted as "biochar").
Biochar provides an interesting perspective on both the broad range of geoengineering proposals,

Several more pages continued here,
http://www.alternet.org/story/148587..._the_11th_hour

Old 08-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #15
Lucille
Thanks Tommy. I found this explanation also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoengineering

I'm not either pro or con at this point, but certainly spraying stuff that ends up back on the earth's surface eventually is a matter of some concern, depending on what is used.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #16
Metachrosis
Wiki,Wiki,Wiki . . . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_01 Aug. 22 10.24.jpg (109.0 KB, 63 views)

Old 08-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #17
Lucille
As opposed to the article you supplied, Tommy, whose title starts off 'The Doomsday Machine'....obviously a neutral no-agenda source of information.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:28 PM   #18
Metachrosis
CNN,FOX,MSNBC also have "theirs"

Old 08-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #19
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
From what I gathered with my short attention span, they're trying to cool the earth and stop "global warming". Why the hell are we trying to stop something that's been a cyclical part of our planet's history for millions of years? Nothing but bad can come from mucking with nature on that scale.
Ah, but think deeper about this. They are apparently trying to correct the RESULT of this situation, and not the source cause. So what EXACTLY is the SOURCE of this problem that apparently must be outside of their reach?

Seriously, flooding the atmosphere with ALUMINUM particulates?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1335899/

http://ukpmc.ac.uk/abstract/MED/2680...tk0EpwgAMC2g.0

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1568482/

If the possible result of this procedure is widespread dementia among the world's population, then what is the alternative that must apparently be even worse?

There are some missing pieces to this puzzle........

Old 08-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #20
Metachrosis
This may help some of ya'll?

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=185785.0

The buzzword in this case is "geoengineering" or more specifically "climate geoengineering"

"Chemtrails" is a slang term, and when you enter chemtrails into a search engine, you will get a couple of reliable sites, but most of the search engines' results are websites comprised mostly speculation, hypotheses, guesswork, or outlandish kook stuff.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!