Nosy Mitsio Hatchings: First in the US - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-12-2004, 11:22 AM   #11
mattjillson
No one is making fun of you Lance. You just aren't well informed on the situation and posting like you understand it. Go re-read all the posts again because you still aren't getting it. I'll do a re-breakdown though to help you save time: animals came in as Nosy Mitsios. Jim hand picked them fresh out of the box. They have been bred. Now eggs the have hatched. That is a confirmed hatching. Like in any WC pairing there is a chance for the female to be from another local but in this case we have the highest degree of probability that they are indeed pure because of being able to unpack the boxes right from being imported. We did not post a classifieds ad promising pure Mitsios although the are not colored up but at this point based on the situation we have a confirmed hatching. There is nothing said that is different among us, except Jim wanted to mention the WC female factor, which anyone that knows the basics will know there is that chance.

You have my email Lance, you could have shot me a message to further ask about it but decided not to and then post there was some type of "scam" or something is "fishy". If you don't know all the angles of a situation you shouldn't be posting like you know something when you don't. I would have been more than happy to answer all you questions and had you posted questions rather than accusations the tone of my post different but to be clear I wasn't "making fun of you" - everyone has to start somewhere.

-Matt Jillson

Old 11-15-2004, 08:59 PM   #12
Chameleon Company
Hey Lance and Matt and others ...
This is Jim at The Chameleon Company. Lance, I thank you for taking notice of my post in the other forum, and Matt, I thank you for the time you took for the long explanations. Matt is essentially correct, and I not only agree with his point that it would be incorrect to guarantee that the F-1 offspring from any WC female are true to the claims of the importer (or breeder), but also that the average buyer needs to beware of buying such offspring unless they are either a) colored-up males; or b) females, where a picture of their colored-up male siblings can be provided. The sale of chameleons on the internet, even in the largest sites, abound with claims of validity assigned to the origin of the sire or dam. In too many cases, this means nothing, as there has not been a verification of either the dam, or the sibling brothers. How many of us have laughed at the pictures of colored-up males for sale, where they don't look even close to a true representation of the locale, or contain obvious irregularities, and yet the seller is relying on and stating the reputation of the original provider of the dam? Not to detract from those providers, as mis-identified dams and mixed-blood offspring are inherent to this business. My purpose for making the post in the other thread was two-fold 1) While I appreciate much of what is said by others about my business in various forums, classifieds, etc, there is always room for clarification from the horse's mouth (those who frequent the BOI know of my concerns here); and 2) to point out to potential future buyers of my product or the product of others a good "buyer beware" concern. I know many of the top breeders in this business, and I believe that they would not only concur on what I say above, but strive to provide very accurate animals, and will work with customers to provide such assurances. I also have every confidence in my Mitsios and the importer that brought them in. We unpacked them together, and all seemed to be accurately labeled. It is obvious that there is a lot of passion out there for these animals, and I hope that all are successful in focusing that passion on rewarding chameleon keeping.
Jim Flaherty
The Chameleon Company

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!