New owner. Please help. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-11-2004, 11:23 PM   #11
NEWReptiles
Quote:
Thank you for pointing out the obvious,
No problem. He did state that he was a newbie to the Regius game so I tried to get all my thoughts in my post.

Quote:
I dont see the point, at least in my opinion why a juvienile gets the same size prey as a 3 or 4 year old adult.
Now read what I posted....

If you worked with these animals enough, you would know that they can be stubborn feeders at times, this is why we feed LIVE. Being said, this is why we like to feed smaller prey, it lessens the chance of the snake being harmed.

Quote:
I dont care how much you care to argue, you are entitled to your own opinion, as am I.
You are dead on there, but after reading this in your first post
Quote:
.Well, you have some wrong info in there.
Adult Ball Pythons will usually eat medium, large, or jumbo rats once every 2 weeks.
Not 2 or 3 small mice. 2 or 3 small mice is no kind of meal for an adult Ball Python.
I dont know where you read that, but it is wrong.
I felt the need to voice my opinion..
Do you know how big a jumbo rat is? Do you have anything (ball wise) that eats jumbos. And you have balls that "usually eat" jumbos every 8 days?

I really don't want to argue, but the way you presented yourself at the start of this thread seemed odd. Justin came here looking for advice and you said he was all wrong, well, he wasn't......

Old 11-14-2004, 12:02 AM   #12
Sand&SunReptile
I actually said, if you cared to read what you quoted me on
Quote:
Adult Ball Pythons will usually eat medium, large, or jumbo rats once every 2 weeks.
I dont see 8 days in there...
And, though I personally havent got any jumbo eating balls, I have seen some, that are very larger, and would be suited with a large, or jumbo rat every 14days.

Anyhow, I do agree with you, smaller rats are better for live feeders, but if they feed on f/t, stunned, fresk killed or whatever then I think in my own opinion larger prey items make for a better feed.
I'm sure both are fine, but like I said, and you agree'd with, we are entitled to our own opinions.
I was stating my own, and I am glad that you stated your own. I think this post will serve better for the original inquiry, now that they can see they dont have to follow any 1 exact type of schedule to have a healthy snake.
Also, I [again an assumption] figured he would've known you need females ahead of males, because he said he has been reading up. He may or may not have connected the dots depending on how he comprehended his readins. Sometimes it doesnt click that females mature slower, so you shouldn't really worry about having males until your females are nearer to breeding size.
At any rate, I do not want an argument either. I also apologize if I came off the wrong way in my posts.

Old 03-11-2005, 08:48 AM   #13
royal1reptiles
Why dont you go to a reptile show to learn more

Hey why dont you stop by the Pittsburgh Reptile show and sale to ask questions and learn more about ball pythons the vendors are always willing to give you an info you can think of asking and also sell Ball pythons at much lower prices then pet stores!
here is the web site for the Pittsburgh Reptile show
http://www.freewebs.com/pghreptileshow/
good luck!

Old 03-13-2005, 04:19 PM   #14
pythonmdk
I have heard that some very popular canadian breeders feed only small rats, nothing over 200 grams, to all their adult snakes, they feed a max of 2 for even the biggest females (4800 grams), and do so every 7-10 days. This is supposed to increase the effiency of digestion and produce healthier snakes. The others have I have talked to that feed larger items choose to feel only every 3-4 weeks and are more common for male balls then females. I would personally go with the smaller meals, especially for breeding females.
~John

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!