Greater Nashville Reptile Show?!?! Warning / Potential problems. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 09:05 PM   #11
ReptileSpawn
Spider shoppe
why are you so down on this show? It might not work but they can try. I haven't been able to attend a show in a while so this will be great for me.
And If it is so bad........ Why are you on the attending vendor list?
Michael

Old 06-23-2005, 09:25 PM   #12
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileSpawn
Spider shoppe
why are you so down on this show? It might not work but they can try. I haven't been able to attend a show in a while so this will be great for me.
And If it is so bad........ Why are you on the attending vendor list?
Michael
Michael,

Look two posts up from yours (#9) and read his last post.

Old 06-24-2005, 08:47 AM   #13
starwarsdad
What is the address of the show website?

I would love to attend if I can get away.

Old 06-24-2005, 12:00 PM   #14
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwarsdad
What is the address of the show website?

I would love to attend if I can get away.
Check the events calendar, there is a link there.

Old 06-24-2005, 01:17 PM   #15
exotics2aquatics
For those of you that want to ckeck out the site go to www.nashvillereptileshow.citymaker.com

Old 06-24-2005, 05:14 PM   #16
Sherry Howell
I offended Kelli with my reply to The Spider Shoppe. I certainly wasn't trying to, just indicating that I had my reservations and it obviously had to do with colubrids. I have a TWRA permit and know the laws, others outside TN may not and find it restrictive. Kelli, I am sure you've put a lot of work into this and it will be a good show.

Old 06-24-2005, 07:26 PM   #17
exotics2aquatics
Its not that I was Offened I just Want This to be a great Show I have already sold 6000 tickets online for the show and will expect a whole lot more at the door. This is the First big show in Nashville and have been working very hard with Walter Cook to make sure everything goes well. I just with that if people have any questions or conserns they would call me before posting anything as they may misrepresent themselfs and the show and I would hate for that to happen. I hope that all off you will come and attend and feel free to post after the show so everyone will now what a great show the Nashville show was and will be in the future. As our nest on will be @nd week in December.

Old 06-24-2005, 07:30 PM   #18
exotics2aquatics
Its not that I was Offened I just Want This to be a great Show I have already sold 6000 tickets online for the show and will expect a whole lot more at the door. This is the First big show in Nashville and have been working very hard with Walter Cook to make sure everything goes well. I just with that if people have any questions or conserns they would call me before posting anything as they may misrepresent themselfs and the show and I would hate for that to happen. I hope that all off you will come and attend and feel free to post after the show so everyone will now what a great show the Nashville show was and will be in the future. As our nest on will be 2nd week in December.

Old 07-01-2005, 11:34 PM   #19
Khaman
Just to add my .02 I drove for an hour and a half for the Friday show and there were only about twenty vendors there. The organizers were begging the ones that were there to spread out their stuff to cover area and I just did not see many of those 6000 tickets there either. The prices were very high for a show and not very many colubrids either which is normally a good staple for a show. It had the feel of a yard sale rather than a reptile show I saw one table that labeled everything with masking tape...c’mon a decent label maker will run you $20 bucks.

I hope more vendors and people show up for the Saturday and Sunday shows I really would like for a show to do well in the Nashville area but at least for Friday this one fell short of my expectations

Old 07-02-2005, 11:06 AM   #20
CornCrazy
Attended the show yesterday

I live about 15 minutes from this show. I attended yesterday and was greatly disappointed. There are supposed to be over 100 vendors, but last night there were maybe 15 or so. It cost $7.00 to enter and we had seen everything in 30 minutes or less. I am hoping that today and tomorrow will be better. I am actually supposed to have a table for Sunday only. I am going to run by there today to see how things are going before spending money on the table, however.

I REALLY want the show to be a success. I'd love to have a show so close to home!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread