Disappointed.....Venomoid advertising - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-03-2005, 10:45 PM   #11
Jim O
As I said to Rich earlier when I noticed this, he does have a choice. The NRA wouldn't allow Brady's organization to advertise in its publications. Owners of publications have wide latitude in deciding what advertisements they will take and what ones they will not. Rich could decide that he will not take this guy's money but he has chosen otherwise. If reyna sued him the judge would laugh it out of court. There is no God given right to buy advertising space on this site. If Rich discriminated on the basis of race or religion there are in fact laws that would prohibit that. But Rich can say "I do not approve of venomoids and I will not accept ads from people or sites that openly support creation and/or sale of these animals."

Do you think that Christian publications take ads from Planned Parenthood for abortion services? The New York Times for KKK rallies?

Old 10-03-2005, 10:52 PM   #12
Wilomn
I agree with Jim on this one.

There is a line, we all know where it is.

I think allowing this guy to advertise is a mistake.

It's not easy to take a stand and once you do people expect more from you but if you don't take a stand against something as bad as illegal butchery, well sometimes if you don't say no folks will assume you say yes. It appears that way here.

It's a PRIVATE site and not subserviant to equal opportunites for all.

Hmmmmm, haven't you said much the same previously Rich?

This one is a bad move.

Old 10-03-2005, 11:21 PM   #13
Rockford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
But Rich can say "I do not approve of venomoids and I will not accept ads from people or sites that openly support creation and/or sale of these animals."

Do you think that Christian publications take ads from Planned Parenthood for abortion services? The New York Times for KKK rallies?
Agreed.

The argument for Rich not make choices who advertises here and who doesn't is ridiculous. Even though there are a few scumbags who advertise here or there on this site, whether it be in the classifieds or banners, they aren't advertising the mutilation and irresponsible acts of venomoid promotion. As a user of this site I don't really have a choice or say but everytime I log in and see Devenomized.com it makes me cringe.

As far as not clicking on his ad. I hate seeing it to begin with. When I scan classifieds I HAVE a choice not to click on a venomoid classified. When I log-in here, do I really have a choice not to see his ad? Nope.

He promotes venomoids. Do you really want kids seeing that venomoids are cool and OK? If it's on Faunaclassifieds it should be OK! That's what some kid is probably thinking when he sees venomoids advertised. That should be a big concern to everyone, right?

I can go on but I don't want to beat a dead horse. I am getting burnt out fighting this Christian guy and all the venomoid promoters, sympathizers.

Old 10-04-2005, 02:32 AM   #14
LakesideBoas
Don't shoot me...

but, playing Devil's advocate for one minute, can we, in all reality, accept Christian's monetary contribution to this site...just as we do all "paid participants"...and then tell him he can't post banner ads here?

Rich is not condoning what he (Christian) purports by allowing him to advertise, he is allowing the membership, as a whole, to make up their own minds on the subject.

If we allow him to be a paid member here he should be allowed all rights adherent to membership, right?

I may not always agree with him, but fair is fair, at least for me.

Old 10-04-2005, 09:28 AM   #15
Vince
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bthacker
Agreed.

As a user of this site I don't really have a choice or say

I think as a paying member you should....

I just use this site. You contribute to it.

Old 10-04-2005, 09:36 AM   #16
Steve Hamm
Disturbed

I am really disturbed with these "venomoids". Why oh why do these people do this to these snakes are they to scared to handle a true hot or are they doing it for people that are scared of hots but think there cool pretty looking,and will buy them if there not venomous and make a quick buck. I just don't understand why they gotta butcher these animals like they do. Can someone explain the purpose for them doing this to these animals?

Old 10-04-2005, 09:37 AM   #17
Vince
money

Old 10-04-2005, 09:41 AM   #18
Jim O
Maggie,

I disagree. Apples and oranges here. Paying to be a member entitles someone to post on the BOI and other restricted areas of this site, nothing more.

Just like with the publications that I mentioned. They may sell you a subscription but that does not obligate them to accept your advertising.

Old 10-04-2005, 09:41 AM   #19
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hamm
I am really disturbed with these "venomoids". Why oh why do these people do this to these snakes are they to scared to handle a true hot or are they doing it for people that are scared of hots but think there cool pretty looking,and will buy them if there not venomous and make a quick buck. I just don't understand why they gotta butcher these animals like they do. Can someone explain the purpose for them doing this to these animals?
Isnt there about a dozen or more other threads around here touching on this subject?

We do not need another, try staying on topic for a change. Last I checked this was about a particular person or persons advertising and the fact that some users simply do not want to see their ads displayed. Rich has already addressed this and did so very well.... Lets not turn this into yet ANOTHER "venomoid" rant..... I hate them just as much as any, but I hate seeing this crap repeated over and over again nearly the same.

Old 10-04-2005, 09:43 AM   #20
Jim O
I agree with Chris on this. On topic please.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!