It Happens To The Best Of Us....Right??? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 10-22-2005, 07:51 PM   #11
Karen Hulvey
Great story, Terese. You're lucky she didn't go through cleaning off shelves for you. That's what happened to a friend of mine when his huge retic got out. It looked like someone ransacked that room.

I'm guilty of having escapees myself. Last year I had a 2.5' KSB male get out (my only adult male, of course) and my cat ate most of him. Then this year I was drilling some tiny holes in a container for one of my newly hatched greybands. I had only drilled a couple in one container and I had this weird feeling like the drill bit was too big. I switched to a smaller bit and had every intention to go back and put tape over the 2 (yes only 2) holes that I thought were too big. Guess what? I went to feed the bb greyband and it was gone, gone, gone, I guess more cat food. I never found that one.

Old 10-22-2005, 08:30 PM   #12
Golden Gate Geckos
I think the BEST escapee story I know is when a customer of mine called, hysterical that her leo had escaped. The lid was still on the tank, and there was no apparent way for it to have gotten out. I did my best to console her, give her ideas where to look, and assure her she would eventually find the gecko.

Months passed, and I received an email from her that she had never found the gecko, so she had unplugged the UTH and began thinking about getting another one. She wanted to wait to get one from me that "looked exactly like her lost gecko, so I did my best to find one that resembled it to no avail.

A week or so passed, and I got a call from her... she was freaked. She had found her gecko! "Where was she?", I asked. She told me it was back in it's tank!!! She said it was skinny, but otherwise seemed fine! (This is where the theme song from the "Twilight Zone" started playing in my head).

A few days later, I received an email from the customer. Apparently, the cleaning maid found the gecko behind the refridgerator and put it back in it's tank! LOL!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!