Favorite FW Fish Group - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Fish and Aquatics > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Fish and Aquatics.

Old 04-28-2006, 12:44 PM   #11
SIRS
i voted discus ...there is not a nicer looking fw fish around I'm not into fish any more but years ago i was quite successfully in breeding discus .i mainly had wattleys but was also doing pigeon bloods which were cool another favorite fw was the clown knife they get big and have cool personalities dang see all this i might have to go get back in it ..BTW very nice pictures everyone if i can find mine i have some nice discus picture of them taking care of there young something not many fish do

Old 04-28-2006, 12:59 PM   #12
Rebel Dragons
I like guppies and danios at the moment. I really dig the colors they have and the playfulness they exhibit.

With danios I have, zebra, red, purple and pearl. The guppies are a mix of metallic blues, red deltas, leopards, metal heads and a trio of purple moscows.

Old 04-30-2006, 09:22 AM   #13
Karmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRS
BTW very nice pictures everyone if i can find mine i have some nice discus picture of them taking care of there young something not many fish do
I'd love to see the pics. Discus have it all, they get to a nice size and parental care..

Quote:
The guppies are a mix of metallic blues, red deltas, leopards, metal heads and a trio of purple moscows.
I've got some red bicolors that are also throwing some neat half-black reds, but wow, they breed fast! I'm overflowing with guppies at the moment. If you have pics of the metal heads I would love to see them. I've been wanting to get some, but I'm outta space right now.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:45 PM   #14
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
Clay,
Does your cichlid look like this?
If so, it is a pink convict. Very pretty IMO.
I figured I'd add this to this thread since it's where we were talking about him.
This is the fish my wife was told was a hybrid (what of exactly was not known).
After seeing the picture Steve posted I think he is a pink convict. What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg little_bit.JPG (64.5 KB, 31 views)

Old 05-28-2006, 02:47 AM   #15
Karen Hulvey
I think it's a Midas cichlid.
Midas Cichlid Gallery

My favorite fishes are the catfishes. I take care of a lot of fish tanks at work and no longer have any tanks set up at home. But at one time I had an entire basement full of tanks of mostly catfish. Does everyone know what most catfish like to do? They hide. People would come over and want to see my tanks and everyone wuold eventually say, "where's the fish?" Because my catfish were mainly hiding. hahaha

We have red belly piranhas at work and they certainly aren't the killers people think they are. I have no problem cleaning their tank weekly because they are little wussies and hide in the corner behind a rock. They do love their F/T fuzzy mice, though.

Old 05-28-2006, 12:02 PM   #16
Clay Davenport
It may well be a midas cichlid. I did some google image searches and he does resemble some of the midas pictures I found. He also doesn't look like some of them. At the same time though his forehead causes him to not look like most of the convicts.
Apparently scichlids are somewhat variable in appearance.
I would have to say though he seems to be more like the midas than any of the other species I've found at this point.

On a side note, I sold my blood parrots from that tank a couple of weeks ago, so now we're going to have to decide on a semi large species to fill that role in the tank. It's looking quite empty now that the big orange guys are gone.

Old 06-08-2006, 07:45 AM   #17
cryptly
I like goldfish. I've got one 40 gallon with several different types of Oranda and fantail, a 20 gallon with various roundbodied no-dorsalfin goldfish ( pearlscale and lionheads), and a 10 with a couple oddball goldfish that can't be kept with the more competitive and active breeds of goldfish (bubble eye, ryukin with a swim bladder problem and butterfly telescope).

My dream is to someday live where there's no weather so I can set up a nice pond of goldfish (so I don't have to worry about winterizing a pond).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!