Looking for breeding ferrets - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > Mammals For Sale/Wanted Ads

Notices

Mammals For Sale/Wanted Ads Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 11:57 PM   #11
Rebel Dragons
I agree, this did take a turn into more a BOI worthy thread.

Don't take anything I said personally, Wendy. It's just when it comes to Marshall Farms I have a lot to say. Losing Mookie crushed me and I will never get over that lose. He was my first ferret and losing him due to sub-par breeding really ticked me off.

Old 05-07-2006, 11:58 PM   #12
dragonflyreptiles
Like I said before if you are a true breeder, You can buy from them, just Contact them, they have no control over what happens to their animals that sit in a pet store, for buyers to purchase and not care for.

If you really want to breed ferrets,talk to every breeder you can find, get the low down and the dirty but take your time.

Talk to breeders, get to know them, don't buy breeders from a PETSTORE, that would be impossible anyway and don't fall for the " I got these from" . Certain people would like to see others out of biz due their mouth.

Get your own voice, Talk to breeders, show them that youc an care for the animals!

Old 05-08-2006, 12:08 AM   #13
Rebel Dragons
Wendy, do you care to share where you got the idea they sell breeder ferrets to "true breeders"? I have already called a few friends of mine that are "true breeders" and they too have never heard of Marshall farms selling whole ferrets.

Old 05-08-2006, 12:20 AM   #14
dragonflyreptiles
Mike,

I really do think we have already talked about this a while back when but I really wanted ferrets and you talked me out of them even though I wanted to breed them and had no problems being approved to buy breeding stock from various breeders.

I decided that the scent issue would be a factor for my son because you and others stated that it could bother his asthma and that being the scent glandes needed to reproduce would be taken he could still be affected. I also remember the fact that descented ferrets are less likel to breed, which led me to see that they would not be good pets or breeders for my family.

Old 05-08-2006, 12:45 AM   #15
Junkyard
All I know is that ferrets are illegal in California.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:00 AM   #16
Laura Fopiano
Talking Agreed Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
But when I comes to ferret's I would defiantly use all of Mike S. (Rebel Dragons) oppinion to heart. He was a breeder of ferrets for a long time and attended many venues in the ferret industry! When it comes to ferrets and ferret knowledge, Mike has it going on!!

Old 05-08-2006, 01:35 AM   #17
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyreptiles
Mike,

I really do think we have already talked about this a while back when but I really wanted ferrets and you talked me out of them even though I wanted to breed them and had no problems being approved to buy breeding stock from various breeders.

I decided that the scent issue would be a factor for my son because you and others stated that it could bother his asthma and that being the scent glandes needed to reproduce would be taken he could still be affected. I also remember the fact that descented ferrets are less likel to breed, which led me to see that they would not be good pets or breeders for my family.
I know we talked about ferrets but this is the first time that I have heard of you wanting to breed them. Who knows, I may have forgotten about the conversation............ I still talk "shop" with ferret people from time to time and could have got you confused with someone else. I dunno

With people who have asthma ferrets can indeed pose problems. The musk can be quite overwhelming even in a descented ferret.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:43 AM   #18
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
Hopefully sometime in the future that will change.

Old 05-08-2006, 05:36 AM   #19
Lucille
Can y'all suggest any good ferret sites? I did a lot of reading but it would be nice to have a site that had a lot of info in one place. I recently purchased a pair (altered and descented) of ferrets from someone moving into a no pet apt. as a gift for my older son, who has wanted ferrets for a long time. They came with a cage and ferret accessories (cute little leashes, although I have never heard of 'walking' a ferret).

Old 05-08-2006, 01:17 PM   #20
ejfox
The best actual reading material I've found by far is a book called "Ferrets for Dummys" which you can usually buy at places like petsmart but I'm sure barnes and nobles and borders would have it as well.

Thanks for those links! I will really look into them - but as far as marshall farms - I would prefer to stay away from them for obvious reasons. My two current altered ferrets are both marshall farms ferrets and both undersized runts - thankfully with no health problems.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread