Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead??? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 09-04-2006, 08:03 AM   #11
ms_terese
His contribution to conservation was enormous.

That poor family. His mother died suddenly just a few years ago in a car accident. His children are not really old enough to know or remember him well. My heart goes out to the family.

Old 09-04-2006, 08:06 AM   #12
crotalusadamanteus
Another link to the story....................

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapc...win/index.html

I posted else where about it. So I'll take a passs here. This sorta got to me.

Old 09-04-2006, 08:20 AM   #13
SlitheringHerps
This saddens me! May he rest in peace. He was a great entertainer aswell as educator.

Old 09-04-2006, 09:36 AM   #14
clarinet45
I can't believe it actually happened.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:35 AM   #15
Mooing Tricycle
Dude... this is still a freaking shock to me. I used to watch all of his shows and always aspire to meet him someday. What a wonderful thing to wake up to in the morning...
First Sui and now the man himself. f'ing depressing. I feel really horrible for Teri and his kids. they had a GREAT dad. i dont even want to believe it.

Old 09-04-2006, 11:01 AM   #16
gixxer3420
Its a sad day. Careless the way he held the snakes, thisman had more experience dealing with snakes than all of us.

Old 09-04-2006, 11:59 AM   #17
techgirl
His poor family. I read somewhere that Teri was in Tansania when it happened. How's that for finding out bad news. I don't know what's worse being there when it happened or having to be told it. I believe that the kids will be reminded of their father in a good light always and pics will always be around. My heart goes out to them and their family and friends who are going through this. A freak accident? truly, but nonetheless he was doing what he enjoyed most in life. How many people can say that about loved ones that have passed on? RIP Steve, you will be well missed and never forgotten.

Old 09-04-2006, 12:03 PM   #18
INSANE CANES
Steve will definitely be missed.
Our hearts go out to his wife and family.

Old 09-04-2006, 12:22 PM   #19
Aprylla
Wow, a very sad day. I have been hooked on watching the Animal Plant channel for years, and always enjoyed Steve Irwin's show. Like everyone else, I never would have thought it would be a stingray that would end his life. I always figured that if his death were animal-related, it would have been due to the jaws of a huge croc or due to some sort of venomous snake.

Animal Planet already has this on thier front page, and here is a link to the story and the forum where people can post public messages to his family as well:

http://animal.discovery.com/fansites...=netmain_feat1

Old 09-04-2006, 12:50 PM   #20
Laura Fopiano
Wow, my heart just breaks for his wife Terry and his 2 children. RIP Steve!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!