shady Andy from nerd strikes again - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:29 AM   #11
kmurphy
Andy, I don't have a problem with anything you've posted here but in Eric's defense the fact that you answered the phone a Zoo Creatures and told him to come down to make the original trade may have led him to believe you were the man to talk to. I know if I had already discussed something on the phone with someone I would want to continue that conversation with the same individual.
It does appear that Eric jumped the gun on the sex and the accusations. It also appears you, and Zoo Creatures, are still willing to work it out with him, which is commendable.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:38 AM   #12
David Reid
If it was a three hour drive one way...

I could see really complaining about the time spent on the road, and the wasted gas, but half an hour each way, come on!

Dave

Old 12-07-2006, 11:53 AM   #13
ericfire
Angry

like it was said there will never be any concrete evidence of what took place
but i can say when i took the time to come back down
you Andy, couldnt even take the time to walk down a flight of stairs to explain the situation.

maybe you could have scooled me on popping a male
last time i checked when you pop them and to long pink hemi penis's come out that is a sure indication of a male
so i essence you are lying to save face
as for wasting my time and gas to come down and confront you again
knowing full well that you probably would find a way to slip out or become
(busy with upstairs duties)
no thanks
i will take my business elsewhere
and im sure mike the manager stated that you had last say in boa decisions
even though he runs the reptile room
when i called you and told you of the sexing mistake you said you would take care of it

to clarify as well there was no whining or foul language
but i did voice my opinion and asked to speak to you directly

Old 12-07-2006, 12:06 PM   #14
Andy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
in Eric's defense the fact that you answered the phone a Zoo Creatures and told him to come down to make the original trade may have led him to believe you were the man to talk to. I know if I had already discussed something on the phone with someone I would want to continue that conversation with the same individual.
Kevin,

I appreciate your input here, and I know its nothing more then he said she said, but when Eric showed up the first time, I made it quite clear to him that I would not be handling the trade. I didn't participate in the trade. I told the person that was in charge of the situation at that time in the retail store that I wasn't interested in getting the snake for my breeding group upstairs at NERD, and the decision would be all up to them and all stemmed on if they thought they could resell the snake and benefit the pet store, right in front of Eric.

Then when Eric called back I was very clear that it was up to the discretion of someone else how everything would be worked out with the mis sexed snake, that turned out to be sexed 100% correct.

Usually everything goes quite smoothly between our pet store, and our breeding facility. I am not exactly sure what went wrong in this case. But I certainly know that Eric not being able to properly sex a snake, and pacing around our pet store yelling about me being afraid to come downstairs didn't aid in the situation at all, then coming on this forum and claiming that I am shady???.....

I am more then willing to take the time and sex the snake in front of Eric. I am more then willing to get someone other then myself to sex the snake in front of Eric if he doesn't believe I am capable of doing it correctly. But other then that I don't think I will be selling, trading, or buying from Eric EVER in the future.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:06 PM   #15
ericfire
Unhappy

and as for your two cents dave
you try carting around three kids in a car for this kind of result
to say the least its really frustrating
im sure on a different day this might have gone more smoothly
its just one of those things
every time i have delt with nerd there have been conflicts either with price or something else
maybe its my luck i dont know
im done ill just stay away from them
i wish them luck and all the best and i am not angry so much anymore
just dissappointed in the alleged biggest and best breeders in the north east

Old 12-07-2006, 12:16 PM   #16
ericfire
(But other then that I don't think I will be selling, trading, or buying from Eric EVER in the future.)andy quote

Old 12-07-2006, 12:18 PM   #17
Andy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericfire
maybe you could have scooled me on popping a male
last time i checked when you pop them and to long pink hemi penis's come out that is a sure indication of a male
so i essence you are lying to save face
Well come to the store and I will show you how to sex a boa! Boas have LONG hemipenes, this snake had none. Those two microscopic white protrusions on the side of the vent that musk comes out of are SCENT GLANDS! Eric if you are so well versed in sexing snakes then why did you bring young pastel boas in for me and Kevin to sex about six months ago???

Quote:
as for wasting my time and gas to come down and confront you again
knowing full well that you probably would find a way to slip out or become
(busy with upstairs duties)
no thanks
Well thats up to you, if you cant handle being proven wrong thats up to you not me. If you make an appointment I will be there.

Quote:
i will take my business elsewhere
Please do!!! I will hold you to that! Your more then welcome to come back and I will show you the sex of the snake, other then that no one in the building wants to deal with you again.

Quote:
when i called you and told you of the sexing mistake you said you would take care of it
There was no sexing mistake. Come down and I will prove it to you. I said IT would be taken care of and it was.

Quote:
to clarify as well there was no whining or foul language
but i did voice my opinion and asked to speak to you directly
You had a temper tantrum!!!

Old 12-07-2006, 12:19 PM   #18
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy

I am more then willing to take the time and sex the snake in front of Eric.
A lot of hassle could have been avoided had you just walked downstairs and done this when he arrived the second time.
For me, at least, the 'not my department' type answer isn't my way of doing things.
Had a customer downstairs in a company that was closely connected, had a common boss, and was in the same building specifically asked for me to help out, I would have, just to be helpful. Just my two cents.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:24 PM   #19
Andy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
A lot of hassle could have been avoided had you just walked downstairs and done this when he arrived the second time.
For me, at least, the 'not my department' type answer isn't my way of doing things.
Had a customer downstairs in a company that was closely connected, had a common boss, and was in the same building specifically asked for me to help out, I would have, just to be helpful. Just my two cents.
I appreciate your opinion Lucille, but maybe that opinion would be different, when you have two hours to call and work out details with customers that actually are your responsibility and then feed off 500 thawed rats before its time to leave or else they will go bad and go to waste.

Its more then not my department. I don't work for the company, and other then a couple phone calls, I had nothing to do with the transaction.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:26 PM   #20
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericfire
and as for your two cents dave
you try carting around three kids in a car for this kind of result
to say the least its really frustrating
im sure on a different day this might have gone more smoothly
its just one of those things
every time i have delt with nerd there have been conflicts either with price or something else
maybe its my luck i dont know
im done ill just stay away from them
i wish them luck and all the best and i am not angry so much anymore
just dissappointed in the alleged biggest and best breeders in the north east
I'm sure it is frustrating but no one told you to bring your three children for both trips. You could have chosen a different day when you didn't have "Daddy duty". You also could have sexed the snake before you left the shop so as to avoid an extra trip. It seems Andy was very up front about what the deal was and who it was with. Complaining about a trip from Windham to Plaistow is hardly noteworthy IMO. As I recall from my days living in the Merrimack valley, they are pretty close to each other. Maybe you should complain to your state legislators that the roads suck and the best way to get around is via the roads in a neighboring state. (J/K )

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!