About the BOI and it's future here... - Page 21 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:35 PM   #201
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreck37 View Post
Lets not forget just because someone wins a lawsuit doesnt mean they get the money
There are alot of deadbeats that dont pay up,There for rich would still be out the money he put up Unless he went to a collection place that would charge 50% of what they can get back so Rich would still be out money
lets not forget most states have it to where you can get a case continued numerus times and in small claims court, Lawyers cant go so he would have to spend money on flying to each court date to be there in person or forfeit and lose the case by default
Not to mention there are caps on small claims which wouldnt even cover his air fares
and everything he will have to put up
So even if he does win and could get some money he would still be out of pocket
Just my 2 cents worth
That is true, in a sense. But those expenses would all be damages cited in the countersuit that will soon follow. Just because the case takes place in small claims court doesn't mean that the countersuit has to do so as well. I will have an attorney in that locale and I will have countersuit papers all prepared by that attorney to be served to the plaintiff (who will then become the defendant) when I win that small claims court case. Quite honestly, anyone who uses small claims court for something like this will be showing me pretty obviously that they don't have the funds for a protracted legal battle. So before they grab that tiger by the tail, they better know what they are getting into.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:43 PM   #202
dreck37
Then i guess the Boi's can stay and you dont really need the money for Lawsuits because no one can beat you in any court cases so why are you trying to get money from us for what you say you WILL win all those cases?

Old 11-22-2009, 01:58 PM   #203
WebSlave
Quote:
Then i guess the Boi's can stay and you dont really need the money for Lawsuits because no one can beat you in any court cases so why are you trying to get money from us for what you say you WILL win all those cases?
Because the question is WHY SHOULD I DO THIS FOR YOU IF YOU AREN'T WILLING TO HELP ME FIGHT FOR YOU?

Old 11-22-2009, 02:58 PM   #204
dreck37
But in these times money is better spent elsewhere and the economy is going to get worse

Old 11-22-2009, 03:21 PM   #205
Lucille
Quote:
But in these times money is better spent elsewhere and the economy is going to get worse

Each person spends his money where he thinks it should be spent. (Well, maybe taxes are an exception). Many people choose to support this site.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:29 PM   #206
wstphal
I am not a breeder yet, and don't expect to ever breed more than 1-2 clutches of cornsnakes a year. But if I am going to drop $ on this hobby, and I am, then paying to support the BOI was money well-spent, so I did it.

I understand the "money is tight" argument, but if I can afford herps as a hobby, I can skip a pizza night out & use that money to keep a resource available to me for the future.

Other people's mileage may vary. I've put my $ where I think it belongs.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:06 PM   #207
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
I'm sorry but I keep hearing "I want something for free". Rich should do all this for nothing and if a problem arises an attorney should help for nothing so that the rest can have this site. I do not see how that is fair. If Rich should put his time and money into this why shouldn't every one else?
And the classifieds should be completely free, including all access to privileges others PAY for.. I mean goodness, why on earth should anyone have to pay for anything, right?

I'm just sorry I couldn't renew at my previous level ($100), but I gave what I could.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #208
hhmoore
Steve,
As you, yourself, pointed out - winning the case doesn't necessarily mean getting paid. If a lawsuit happens, money has to be spent in defense. Getting a big IOU without real dollars stapled to it doesn't do much to replace the funds spent on that defense.
You are also correct that, for many, money is tight...BUT, if they are continuing to spend money on herps, is it really THAT tight? For those that use the BOI as a source of entertainment or diversion - like tuning in to a soap opera, or reading the morning paper - the money may be better spent elsewhere. A single bad transaction avoided is well worth the $25 dollars, though.
Unfortunately, the BOI can't rule out having that bad transaction - heck, I recently had one even after checking here - but it can help break the chain by warning others.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:52 PM   #209
DAND
I just keep seeing those who have the excuses not to donate as the same person who is always bumming a smoke, comes to the party without any beer, always needing a ride somewhere but doesn't have any gas money, or the neighbor who is always borrowing something. The whole "I want / expect something for nothing" attitude just doesn't sit well with me. For crying out loud, the $25 contributor level is less than .50¢ a week.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:22 PM   #210
WebSlave
Quote:
I for one will be glad when the boi are gone since they arent watched enough I can now understand why people will sue you for allowing the boi bashing
Im sure if the boi's are kept the lawsuit's will come alot faster since it doesnt cost much to fill a lawsuit, But it does cost alot for a Lawyer you will be losing your behind.
Take some time and let the Boi's go for awhile and maybe the bashers will get the message
Steve Hodge
newly bashed by a pro boi basher
Quote:
Obviously your concern in this topic is not really centered around your budget.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!