Bite Club - Page 24 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

View Poll Results: What best describes your personal experience??
Never been bitten. I tend to keep more placid species IE Cornsnakes. 55 9.60%
Have been nipped at a few times from my baby Python or Boa. 223 38.92%
I get hit every freaking day by something, whether I'm cleaning cages or just free handling for 'special time'. 34 5.93%
I've been hit hundreds of times from just about everything!! Kings, Milks, Pythons, Boas, but nothing too severe. 104 18.15%
I was at the wrong end (the recipient) of an extremely painful bite from a very large constrictor. 95 16.58%
I use extreme caution when handling any of my reptiles, and have not been bit by anything other than my neighbors dog, my house cat, or my neighbor. What's all this nonsense about Reptile bites??? 62 10.82%
Voters: 573. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2008, 11:56 AM   #231
reptilerenegade
I received a crocodile monitor bite after repeatedly pinching her tail between a wall and display table. I was not watching what I doing so she reminded me that she has a long tail that needs to be looked after. She casually and mythodically picked her spot to bite. And chomp!

After a 20 min stuggle of figuring how to get her off with too much damage to either of us she finally got off, with some of my flesh too. I immediatly went into shock after putting her away. (I was by myself by-the-way) For 2hrs I was sweating and vomiting and praying for death. Finally, it stopped and I drove myself to the ER which was fortunately only a mile away.

The doctors and nurses all had something to talk about and have this story to tell. Worked out pretty well, eh?

Since, me and my croc are on great terms. I promised to never pinch her tail again and give her utmost respect she deserves. I'm I in?

[IMG]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crocbite.jpg (59.8 KB, 166 views)

Old 04-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #232
Melinda
Yikes!!!

Old 05-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #233
My_Spyder
Ive only been bitten by my first BP Spyder. Cuz my dumbass put a mouse in the cage then took him out to reposition him (with the hand that held the mouse...) and he saw my finger and bit it. Bled a bit not too bad but, As soon as he reaized that it was not dinner he backed off, but that little guy hurt alot more then i thought it would. I was looking in the cage and he had bit me and let go before i even looked at him to yell "WTF BUDDY"

Old 07-04-2008, 02:59 AM   #234
DJReptile
Worked at the East Bay Vivarium for a few years and been keeping reptiles since I was twelve so bites are as much a part of my life as breathing.

Funny thing for me has been where the bites come from. Gimme a rack full of wild-caught adult red bloods and I don't even get the anal cannon, just some hissing and waving. Green trees? No problem! Never been snapped at by an Emerald Boa and that's after owning a few! Wild-caught Boigas? Some of my favorite little darlings. My little Aussie Water Python baby has only once even tried to tag me.

However...

The Rosy Boa our owner just had out and was swearing up and down would not bite latches on to my damn finger! My pair of Spotted Pythons would routinely take nips at me just to keep me on my toes. Corns & Kings seem to think I'm tasty and I hated cleaning the baby Ball Python rack.

The Leopard Geckos and Bearded Dragons especially had it in for me. The Tree Monitors and I, though, we were cool.

So yeah no real epic bites but a lot of funny ones.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:31 AM   #235
Mooing Tricycle

Why you dont try arrange stuff in your snakes cage after feeding it

This was Asus's work, although she didnt try too hard, but did attempt to wrap. * shes very enthusiastic when she feeds* once she realized i was much bigger than a rat, she let go. But left me a nice funky looking raised bruised spot. Which you can see in my picture on the right. Unfortunately for all of you, i had wiped the first wave of blood off on my pants to close the tub, and keep asus from getting out in search of food. So you get the secondary wave of blood instead, which isnt nearly as good as the first. Ah well.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:59 AM   #236
TheFragginDragon
OUCHIES!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle

Unfortunately for all of you, i had wiped the first wave of blood off on my pants to close the tub, and keep asus from getting out in search of food. So you get the secondary wave of blood instead, which isnt nearly as good as the first. Ah well.
You know, some how I get the feeling you think everyone here is bloodthirsty...

Old 08-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #237
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon
OUCHIES!!

You know, some how I get the feeling you think everyone here is bloodthirsty...
LOL i know i am.

The bloodier the better!!!!

Old 08-09-2008, 07:55 PM   #238
jlberger-hartless
well i know i was dumb 3 times now the first about 20 yrs ago from a 14 ft burm while feeding ,the food got away and i didnt yup fubar not to long ago i was feeding one of my retics (about 10 ft male) and I through food in and she came out fortunatly she grabed mostly my shirt but it still wasnt fun and the last was ust the other day arguing with a 3 ft albino venomoid monacle and i lost ,that little sucke still packed a mean punch took almost a week before my hand worked right again .once again all my fault and a very good learning experiance if you stick you hand were it shouldnt be your probably gonna get it

Old 08-24-2008, 09:01 PM   #239
Junkyard
Well, after a couple of years with out incident, I was tagged while feeding my 7 foot pastel Kanji. His cage is on the top of a 7 foot stack I have. I was using 18 inch tongs to hold his F/T rat, with my right hand. He flew past the rat, busted down the cage door I was holding with my left hand and made a sharp downward turn and got me. I was pushing the cage door closed as I saw he missed the rat, but with tongs inside, I could not close it fast enough. Then the turd refused to eat after that.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:24 AM   #240
WJS Herps
I didn't feel like the best answer was there to me. I've been bit a lot (I don't think hundreds of times though), but a lot of that was in my younger impetuous days of diving headlong into canals in the Everglades to play show and tell with my camping buddies (never the venomous stuff though).

Now, it's the occasional ornery Okeetee or overzealous Florida king.

Took a GTP bite once that I'd just as soon never take again...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!